Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 21:04   #1
ZMG
BHPian

If cars could speak

Hello everyone,
This is my first thread at Team - bhp. I hope you all enjoy it, and contribute your 2 cents (For bigger contributions, please contact me )

I have been obsessed with cars. I feel they have a soul. I know a lot of Team- bhpians feel the same way.

I love taking walks, not in the parks, but at parking lots and basements. I like to observe cars, and have always felt the design does convey something.

This is an article that I had shared on facebook about 6 years back ( I was in class 12, then). I have edited it to my best abilities, however please forgive the kid in me for any mistakes.

So here it goes:

As a young 4 year old, when i saw my dads Maruti 800 parked in the basement of Lokhandwala, i always thought it told me something.
So here i go on to tell, all the things i believe cars have spoken to me:

If cars could speak-featuredadvisorystories0.jpg
If cars could speak-1997_maruti_800_white_dx_for_sale_4320131446158486454.jpg
To begin with its the Maruti 800: The square head lamps always made me feel that it was very angry and was telling " Haat jaa saamne se, tera baap aaya hai" (Move aside, it's your dad who is here).
However as I saw the tail lights, they conveyed the message, Work hard and be sincere. The tail lights always depicted maturity and wisdom.

If cars could speak-suc30048.jpg
If cars could speak-suc30013.jpg
The next car we had was the Zen. A car I would buy even today, if I get one that is in good shape.
The zen's front looked like it was a little worried and anxious. It was like a young girl is trying hard to overcome the society hardships and come up in life.
However the moment you stepped to the back, the lights were all smiling and very bubbly. It did go with the personality of the car very well.
You would struggle initially to get used to the Go - kart. However, once you do get accustomed to it, there would only be smiles for you.

After a few years, we Got the Honda City (NHC, Dolphin shaped)
A lot of people hated the looks of this car, but I honestly feel okay with it. The looks grow on you. Even today, I feel the car does look much better than some of the C segment sedans we see on the roads.
Most of the cars today, have a very aggressive front, whereas NHC was one of the few cars to have a nice smiling face. I sometimes don't appreciate the aggressive looks these days, cars are already driven by mad and frustrated drivers, at least let us spread some smile

If cars could speak-suc30194.jpg
If cars could speak-large_13778276421999571538.jpg
The Honda City's front made me feel that she is telling shyly and with a very evident smile " I am happy to be here ".
The rear is a 180 degree flip in attitude, it raised the eyebrows and gave an expression " So What if I smoked you down? "

Thats all for now folks, will keep adding more conversations as and when I get time.

Cheers,
ZMG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks