Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2006, 21:12   #1
ECM
BHPian

Cyclone Warning On West Coast Of India

Yes its MUKDA the name given to this baby which is TS catagory with a wind speed of 63-118 kms/hour howering on the arabian sea.We shall keep a check on this cyclone as after a long time arabian system gave a birth to any cyclonic storm and many of you might still recall the giant one which hit Gujarat during Asian games in 1982,this is not that much big but real picture will only clear in next 24 hours as any cyclone on sea water is capable of doing a lot of damage to land area till it howers on the sea water.The snap is attached to below link for those who are interested in cyclone/storms.
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mukdaml7.png
Old 22nd September 2006, 21:50   #2
DRC
BHPian

Are you issuing the warning ECM?
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:42   #3
ECM
BHPian

DRC IMD has already issued a warning and I am just posting an image of the happenings as very few people know in india about cyclones,quakes,tsunami,monsoon etc..etc..In foreign countries lots of people subscribes for warning(various types like weather,cyclones) on their cell phones but here we use cellphones to send faltoo sms..haha.Though I did not get you fully dear DRC on asking me that am I issuing any warning on this cyclone.Just keep a track on this thread in comming days.2 possiblities for its path as per my knowledge.1,It will move to gulf area and 2,It will take a turn over Kutchh and then will enter in Rajasthan.Right now the path of it suggests that I bet on the possibility no.2,more later on this.
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:50   #4
DRC
BHPian

ECM, I remebered you giving a link to some site to get the isobars live in an other thread. So I thought it was your prediction. No offence meant!
I am looking for that thread.
Old 22nd September 2006, 23:14   #5
ECM
BHPian

Ok here comes update no.1 on this,technology has advanced so much that we can able to see where this cyclone will be in next 48 hours and picture has been loaded at-
http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mukda1os0.png
This shows it is slowly moving near Gujarat/pakistan as per the possibility no.2.
Old 23rd September 2006, 19:18   #6
ECM
BHPian

UPDATE no.2 and important one,
Cyclone has turned slightly weaker right now BUT nothing can be said untill it hit the land/sea coast,risk is still there but when cyclones stay stagnant on sea it becomes weaker and lose its circulating motions,this only applies to Arabian sea bcoz during this time there are cool winds blowing fm Himalayas on North India thus circulation stops due to opposite movements of winds near the sea shore.Sometime I shall post how south west monsoon is important to India as we hardly know anything about it.Stopping myself now and posting the image right now as a thumb nail for the first time!LOL

Last edited by ECM : 23rd September 2006 at 19:21.
Old 24th September 2006, 22:33   #7
ECM
BHPian

And like I said last night it has weaked quite a bit and taking a route between Karachi and desert of Kutch and from here the way is in Rajasthan for this low pressure depression.Lesser risk as far as cyclone goes though winds may be there with a speed of 40 to maximum 60 kms ocassionaly.Hope some of our members may develop interest in such natural activities and try to study cyclone/hurricane.Thanks guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks