Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 09:48   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

Team,

Just heard the terrible news that our dear friend & Distinguished BHPian Behram Dhabhar has passed away. I believe he had a heart attack.

Behram has been a part of Tata Motors, Mahindra & Premier Auto. A petrol-head to the core, he was deeply passionate about Fiats & Jeeps - Behram was the father of the Mahindra Thar! My own Classic 4x4 is running today, only because of Behram's intervention & help with procuring a brand new 2.5L diesel engine.

Will always remember you fondly, buddy. My sincere condolences to Cyrus (his son) & the Dhabhar family.

Some of his most memorable write-ups are this, this and this. Bet Behram will be tutoring the Gods on 4x4 low!

R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar-p6254367.jpg

Funeral Details:

Beloved Behram's funeral is tomorrow @ 10:30 a.m. at the Tower of Silence at the 'Albless Bangli'.

The Uthamna (other prayer meet) will mostly be on the 12th at 3:45 p.m., also at the Tower of Silence.

Kashmira Aspi Rao shares the following via email:

Quote:
I was overwhelmed to read so many messages from persons who personally knew Behram as also from those who had only spoken to him or read his posts on this site.

I had all but forgotten about Team-BHP when my cousin pointed out that I must visit the site and read about Behram. By this message, we (his wife Veera and the family) thank you all for keeping his memory alive on this site. Let me share with you some wonderful and some funny moments that I spent with him.

On being asked what would you become when you grow up, his reply was Engine Driver. Accompanied by our aunt, we would regularly visit the Bombay Central station and the two of us would run upto the fire engine and Behram would surprise the engine driver by asking questions like a pro. Impressed by his knowledge and love for engines, one engine driver gave us a ride in the engine - and we continued to blow the whistle - upto Dadar station. The driver came to leave us out of the station as we were 'ticketless travellers'.

By the time he was 14, Behram knew how to drive the car and had gained fair knowledge of the car's engine. Once when the car stalled while our mother was driving, he was able to pinpoint the problem which later the mechanic confirmed. Sunday afternoons were reserved for just him and me going on short drives around Dadar's Five Gardens which sometimes would extend upto Sion in the north and Worli in the south (without our dear father's knowledge, of course) with blaring hindi film music all the way.

With Behram at the wheel, I was so carefree, as I knew that he is in full control of the car. Behram was quite disappointed when, in spite of all training, I could not drive owing to road fright. To entice me he had said that he will gift me a car. My dear brother kept his promise when, at the age of 40, I finally shed my road fright and impressed him with my driving skills. No decision on cars was ever taken by our close and extended families without Behram's expert advice. He is no longer there to advice, but I feel certain that he will guide us were we to frame the question in our mind and think of him at the same time. We have heard of people dying in the arms of their loved ones. Behram breathed his last while sitting in his car.

My sister-in-law says he had told her that if I die, I will die in the car. Behram was a man of words and he indeed kept his promise. His little sister prays for the progress of his soul into the higher realms of the universe where there is no traffic congestion.

Your ever-loving sister Kashmira

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2016 at 12:59. Reason: Adding note from Behram's sister
GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 09:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

This is very sad news indeed. Behram will be sorely missed! My deepest condolences to his family.
Old 10th August 2016, 09:51   #3
BHPian

A very sad news to start the day with. Praying for your soul, Sir.
Old 10th August 2016, 09:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

RIP Behram. May his family gather enough strength to cope with this untimely loss.
Old 10th August 2016, 09:56   #5
CGB
BHPian

What.. That's sad news indeed. I never spoke to him. He is a repository of automobile knowledge and guided so many BHPians here. May his soul rest in peace. Indeed a great loss to all of us.

Last edited by GTO : 10th August 2016 at 13:17. Reason: Typos
CGB is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th August 2016, 09:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Rip sir, an inspiring figure, his posts always showed his passion and positivity . You will be missed .
Old 10th August 2016, 09:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Shocking news!

I have met Behram Sir on various occasions and he was a gem of a person. His immense knowledge and passion is commendable and he never left any opportunity to help anybody in distress.

He will always be missed.

My condolence to Cyrus and his family.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:00   #8
BHPian

This is a sad news. Although i don't know him personally i have read many of his threads and posts. May his soul rest in peace. My deepest condolences to his near and dear ones.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:02   #9
BHPian

R.I.P Behram Dhabhar. It is a loss to the entire automotive community in india...
Old 10th August 2016, 10:04   #10
Team-BHP Support

Shocked to hear this news. He was too young to go this soon. He had the enthusiasm of a teenage kid, was always so young at heart. I won't even bother counting the number of times he had helped us novice Jeepers.

I don't know how all to say, how much to say, there is too much say. Instead, I'll just post a photograph of him driving his most cherished creation, the V-521.

R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar-behram1.jpg
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 10:05   #11
Team-BHP Support

Terrible news! He was one of the greatest Fiat and Jeep whisperer this side of the world. Enthusiastic, cheerful and totally mad about them. I had good interactions on and off the forum since i met him first in Bangalore Annual OTR. Last long conversation was when he called up before joining Tata motors i guess, though we started with career discussion eventually landed with Thar debate

May his soul rest in peace (am sure he has other plans up there in heaven, to build another beast maybe).

Offering my prayers and condolences to the family.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Shocking news! R.I.P Behram Dhabhar. It indeed is a loss to team-bhp and automobile enthusiasts in India.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:06   #13
BHPian

Shocking and sad to read about this. His posts were always insightful and seen him extending technical help to various bhpian's over the years. My deepest condolence to his friends and family.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:06   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a shocking news indeed. I used to dig around the forum looking for his posts and threads. They exude his passion about automobiles and a never-ending urge to improve things. He always had a correct way of doing things and believed in perfection. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:07   #15
Team-BHP Support

RIP Behram. His passion for automobiles and his stories will be remembered for a long time.

Condolences to Cyrus and the family on this loss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks