Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/18569-guide-eating-out-pune.html)

There are many good places to eat out in Pune. Pune members please share your thoughts

I am starting with some of my favorites:

1) South Indian: Vaishali/ Roopali on FC road
2) Kebabs: Bombay Brasserie, Dhole Patil Road
3) Italian: La Dolce Vita, Dhole Patil Road
4) Chinese: Mainland China, Dhole Patil Road
5) Paranthas: Nandu's, Chaitanya
6) Chaat: Manmeet, FC road
7) Bun-muska, broon bread: Cafe Goodluck, Deccan

I am still to find a good seafood restaurant and a good punjabi restaurant in Pune.
Seafood is OK at: Mahesh Lunch Home
Punjabi: Again Bombay Brasserie or Chingari in Le Meridian.

but none of them is great!

Hi,

For excellent Chicken Biryani I have heard Dorabjee's at M.G. Road(Camp) is excellent and so Is ABC farms for their multiple cuisine.

Viper

How can you leave out "Prems". Excellent food and great ambience.

Also the Thousand Oaks pub for its mind-blowing barmans pitchers!

Here'e my two bit ..

Punjabi Food - The Great Punjab in Koregaon Park
Chinese - Aahlings at Dhole patil road very basic but good food
Thai - The one and only Malaka Spice in Koregaon Park
French Cuisine - Arthurs Theme - Koregaon Park
sizzlers- I forget the name it is next to Sath Handi in Kalyani nagar
Italian - I find Le Pizzeria in Hotel Sriman better than La Dolce Vita though keep in mind it is a vegetarian place and me being a hard core non vegetarian it is one of two places veg places I go too often the other being Mayur in camp for their thali's.

There is another new place opened by the Mainland china people for North Indian Punajbi food called Sigdi which is right next to mainland china

Almost forgot Blue Nile for Biryani and off course Prems for its ambience

Hi Rchimni,

Did you mean Bounty for sizzlers.
Tiranga for good spicy biryani - East Street
Rest all covered by rchimni

Sea Food - coconut groove on Maldhakka road.Next to the signal on the left hand side.
Biryani's - Nawabs..next to Blue Nile.Somehow have overgrown Blue Nile's briyani now.
Masala Omlette/Cheese Sandwich/Ice cream Soda - Vohuman's cafe.Opp.Ruby Hall.

I love the Italian at La Pizzeria, but you are right, vegetarian Italian food is an impossibility, like jain food with onions.

I tried the chinese at Bamboo Grove? (Chinese restaurant at Blue Diamond) and though the ambience was excellent, the food was far from spectacular.
I remember the old days in pune, 3 am, fully and totally sloshed, waiting outside Nandu's for a paneer paratha with a large teaspoon of butter stuck down it's throat, or the cheese pulao at chowpatty.

I know an austrian lady that makes Cheesecake to die for in pune. Would anyone like the number?

For those mildly surprised, I come to pune twice a month. My brother lives there, he is a well-known DJ. And I come for my niece, in the photo :) Some of you have seen us (my niece and I) on our famous morning to afternoon outings.
Mostly beginning with a breakfast either at German Bakery or at hot breads and then on to shop wither at main street or at pune central.

Here is a pic of us, doing our thing :)

hey sam ur niece is damn cute and the hairstyle runs in the family i think so:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogi1771
hey sam ur niece is damn cute

agree: The Cutie and The Beast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogi1771
and the hairstyle runs in the family i think so:)

lol: - Sam uncle is her inspiration !!

There are lots of good eating joints in Pune

The thali at Shreyas hotel is very famous. Close to that on Apte Road is Santosh Bakery. Its a really small place but their cream rolls are to die for.

Sizzlers are also good at "The Place". Pune Coffee House is good for veggie stuff and South Indian snacks.

I also remember a place called Kukuchokoo famour for chicken. Went there as a kid dont know if it still exists

There is a mind blowing Thali place on East street called Vaishali. ( EDIT: You are right Mohit, it's called Mayur) Its a mind bending umlimited thali, full gujju style. Superb. I would definitely recommend it.
Ya dippy, coffee house is excellent, their coconut chutney is amazing. Also at Cofee House do try this veg dish called Fish Pickle (made out of Paneer)

For South Indian also I recommend Ramakrishna which is ummm... on that main road which has Dorabjees superstore. On the Opposite side.

I also remember we used to go in the night to Fantasy Milk Shake, near Wadia College. This guys milk shakes taste like melted ice cream, so good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
There is a mind blowing Thali place on East street called Vaishali. Its a mind bending umlimited thali, full gujju style. Superb. I would definitely recommend it.

Thats Mayur Sam... Next to the Enfield Showroom.

And for Punjabi, try Horn OK Please at FC Road (towards the end.. away from University road). They have pretty good Punjabi stuff - but all veggie.

And yes, ABC Farms rocks for the Punjabi fair too (the one in Kondhwa made some nice paneer stuff.)

Here are my inputs:

Cheese Fondue @ The swiss cheese garden, Koregaon Park

Lebanese Shewarma @ Hite Bar, St. Vincents Street

Cold Coffee, Chicken Rolls / Sandwitches @ Marz O Rin, MG Road

Masala Chai @ German Bakery, Koregaon Park

Chicken Thai Curry, Creme Brulee @ Polka Dots, Aundh/Kalyani Nagar

Macaroni / Pasta (Penne), Potato & corn in honey chilly sauce @ Flags, Bund Garden Road (near inox)

Strawberry / Sitaphal thick shakes @ Fantasy, Mangaldas Road

Gujju Thali @ Mayur, Chinchwad / East Street

more to be added later..

Shrivz..

@Sam: you beat me to it..
Fantasy is truly amazing!

and do let me know whenever you're in Pune and have some free time...

For good coffee shop wither Cafe Mocha on law college road or Coffee shop of Blue Diamond.
For chinese Hotel Rajwada first floor chinese room is a good alternative. Not many people know about that place so you can get table even on Saturday night.

@Sam: Isn't that Baskin Robins in Koregaon park ?

i like the south indian food at bamboo house at shivaji nagar opp sspms...they serve awesome chicken sukka