Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 13:27   #1
BHPian

This is what the Chief justice, Mr. Y K Sabharwal said after the Delhi and central government requested them to give relief to the traders ..

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/nov/06delhi.htm

Today, is the fourth time in last seven days when the traders 've called a Delhi bandh and thats not all ,they are threatining to go for a indefinite strike ..

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/nov/07dseal.htm

As a result ,delhites are facing lot of problems like traffic jams ,schools/shops closed ...

Now, How many of you feel SC orders to be respected and the illegal shops should be sealed ?

For those who are nor aware of this drive ,please go through this ..
http://www.rediff.com/news/sealing06.html

I feel sorry for the traders but the Law and Order should be maintained in the country and the shops that are illegal should def. shut down ..
I totally go with the verdict of SC .

Last edited by sam_78 : 7th November 2006 at 13:41.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_78
How many of you feel SC orders to be respected and the illegal shops should be sealed ?
If it's illegal, it has to go. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Today, is the fourth time in last seven days when the traders 've called a Delhi bandh and thats not all ,they are threatining to go for a indefinite strike .. As a result ,delhites are facing lot of problems like traffic jams ,schools/shops closed ...
Looks like Delhi will give Kerala a run for its money as far as the frequency of strikes is concerned.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
This is what the
I totally go with the verdict of SC .
Yup

Its time we indians learn to obey the law of the land than threatening strikes, dharnas, etc.. when things are not to our liking.

I hope this covers traffic cases in future.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:45   #4
Team-BHP Support

What is illegal must go. But the sad part is that the govt/courts etc., is totally silent on what should be done to the MCD officers who let this happen.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:46   #5
DRC
BHPian

I too agree.

It is high time people are taught what rules are about. I think dharnas are grossly misused for such issues.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
What is illegal must go. But the sad part is that the govt/courts etc., is totally silent on what should be done to the MCD officers who let this happen.
\

The govt is not exactly silent, is it? As far as I've heard, the Govt has been telling the traders that they will bring an ordnance to override the SC judgement.

Same thing in Kerala where the Govt. has promised truck and bus owners that they will bring in an Ordnance to over-ride the SC verdict that all buses and trucks have to be fitted with speed governors mandatorily. Again we had the same method used by the government to override the infamous 'office of profit' verdict by the SC.

Looks like the judiciary is not respected by those in power anymore.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
But the sad part is that the govt/courts etc., is totally silent on what should be done to the MCD officers who let this happen.
There were some MCD officers suspended but many are still not punished
Its really sad that SC(nor the Govt.) punishing the culprits who actually allowed all this to happen in all these years ...
Old 7th November 2006, 14:10   #8
Team-BHP Support

Delhites be careful, violence on streets

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/353264.cms

Steer, sam:
The govt is not punishing the actual higher-ups who let this happen while filling their coffers with bribes.
In situations like this its the Junior officers who are suspended to save face in front of media, though the actual culprits are sitting much higher up.

Moreover this is not new to Delhi.
A few years back, there was a drive to move "hazardous indrustries" out of the city.
There were lots of protests, wherein a handful of people laid seige to the law and order situation. But in the end all went on well.

Same thing was seen during CNG drive.

None of these issues, led to voting out of the govt, because the protestors were a minority.
The only major issue which led to the govt being voted out was price of onions
Old 7th November 2006, 14:57   #9
BHPian

Hey guys, i personally think that this should have been done much earlier. However there is no point doing it now as it would be destroying the livelihood of so many people. I think the courts should come to some reasonable understand and I agree with TSK1979 that action should be taken against the MCD people first, as they are ones that allowed the situation to get so much out of hand.
Old 7th November 2006, 15:06   #10
elf
BANNED

I liked what happened in Bombay a coupla years ago...
A bunch of BMC Water Department Engineers went on their annual strike & there was no water or something for a few days or so. The people took to the streets & thrashed the swine engineers, post which they were booked by the cops under ESMA or something.
(My details are sketchy, so please forgive / correct me if wrong).

Might is not right. Let the donkey herds remember that.
Old 7th November 2006, 15:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonline
Hey guys, i personally think that this should have been done much earlier. However there is no point doing it now as it would be destroying the livelihood of so many people.
It's gotta start somewhere and the sooner the better. When the courts started the CNG drive and phasing out of old vehicles, there was also a big hue and cry. But finally the results are for everyone to see - I understand that Delhi is much cleaner pollution-wise today due to that effort.

In Chennai, the footpaths (where they exist) are taken over by hawkers / shopkeepers, pushing the pedestrians onto the road, where they not only inconvenience traffic, but also their safety is endangered. It is illegal and those guys should be thrown off the footpaths. To put forth an argument that their livelihood will be destroyed is IMO not fair when they are clearly in the wrong.
Old 7th November 2006, 16:03   #12
BHPian

the shops must go, but thats just half the battle won cause if the bureaucratic officers go unpunished this kind of sealing drive will be needed again in another couple of years.

sadly the markets developed by DDA remain empty & these small shops keep sprouting all over the city making life actually difficult for an average city.
Old 7th November 2006, 16:10   #13
BANNED

They should seal the shops and hand over the responsible MCD officers to the shop owners. Court and street justice working hand in hand!
Old 7th November 2006, 16:35   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree.

Commercial establishments in residential areas should be removed; they affect the serenity and quality of the lives of the people who just want to live peacefully. Just because it is cheaper to buy residential property (as compared to commercial), people try to turn residential areas into commercial. Residential areas are not equipped to handle the electricity, water, parking, traffic and other requirements of commercial areas.
Old 7th November 2006, 16:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
They should seal the shops and hand over the responsible MCD officers to the shop owners. Court and street justice working hand in hand!
this one takes the cake brothers, thats the right way to do justice to humans & humanity.

also its not just the MCD officers but the local police people also.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 7th November 2006 at 16:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks