Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 00:43   #16
BHPian

I left Andheri office at 4.30 and reached home at Virar by 7.30, since Andheri-Virar trains were running.
Old 30th August 2017, 01:59   #17
BHPian

Re: 29/08/2017: Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many areas flooded

Guys, See if you can keep broken pieces of the ceramic found on Spark plugs, these are very effective at breaking car window glass, it is commonly referred to as Ninja Rock.
Old 30th August 2017, 07:52   #18
BHPian

Took me 4 hours 10 minutes to reach Malad from Vasai. Had left Vasai around 4.30pm reached home at 8.40pm.

Traffic was stand still from Kashi Mira Bridge to Gokulanand hotel Dahisar. All this because people started coming heading north entered the south bound side.

There was little water logging near Kashimira bridge and that's it.
Old 30th August 2017, 08:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 29/08/2017: Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many areas flooded

Hope the day has started well...How's the situation now?
Sitting 1000Kms away I can only see flooded streets on news channels. I just wish it is not as bad as 2005.
Old 30th August 2017, 09:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Hope the day has started well...How's the situation now?
Sitting 1000Kms away I can only see flooded streets on news channels. I just wish it is not as bad as 2005.
It's definitely not as bad as 2005. Water levels have come down and things are slowly getting back to normal.
Old 30th August 2017, 09:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Anyone had used the Airoli/Thane to Powai/Andheri via JVLR route yesterday. Was there any flooding on the roads leading to traffic snarls? I had taken my usual route via SCLR and was stuck for a really really long time. It was a harrowing and terrible experience. Many people had abandoned their vehicles on the road. Must had switched the car on off atleast 50 times as the traffic would move a meter or two and stop for 10-15 minutes.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 30th August 2017 at 09:12.
Old 30th August 2017, 09:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Anyone had used the Airoli/Thane to Powai/Andheri via JVLR route yesterday. Was there any flooding on the roads leading to traffic snarls? I had taken my usual route via SCLR and was stuck for a really really long time. It was a harrowing and terrible experience. Many people had abandoned their vehicles on the road. Must had switched the car on off atleast 50 times as the traffic would move a meter or two and stop for 10-15 minutes.
It was harrowing experience for quite a few on this stretch too till quite late and later it cleared off (traffic) late in night.

It had long traffic jams on JVLR, Andheri MIDC SEEPZ, Powai Lake, Vikhroli Gandhi Nagar Flyover areas etc, water logging in MIDC, Powai areas, people taking to walking, footpath, a few friends, and also saw quite a few people, walked from MIDC to Powai Vikhroli areas without any transport and with water logging upto waist deep water at some places in MIDC.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 30th August 2017 at 11:19. Reason: waste = waist. Correcting Typo
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 10:02   #23
BHPian

Today the traffic seems to be clear considering educational institutions are closed and lots of people would have not ventured out.

The sky seems to be quite overcast and hence feel that one should get it only if really needed.

Be safe guys.
Old 30th August 2017, 10:50   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, things are better today weatherwise, but Bombay has shut down. Everyone is staying home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
GTO: How's the Sunny doing ?
Automotive updates:

- Not going to use the Sunny for a couple of days. Will let the water dry out. Am not worried as it's a very simple car mechanically & electronically. Only floor is wet.

- 530d just dodged a bullet - related post.

- Jeep flexes its muscles. We went out to rescue my best friend who was stuck in his BKC office. Was hoping to drive through some floods that no other car could. Alas, found nothing and got stuck on one road for an hour. But we did bring him back.

- My bhabhi's Grand i10 was affected by the floods in our lane. Even the cupholders were filled with water . Strangely, the brake lights stayed permanently on (without even starting the car). Accessed the fuse box and put the master switch off.

- Am hearing bad things about submerged luxury cars, especially from Juhu & Parel. These cars are going to spend a lot of time off the road. If you're in the market for a used car, beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Guys, See if you can keep broken pieces of the ceramic found on Spark plugs, these are very effective at breaking car window glass, it is commonly referred to as Ninja Rock.
Better to get a Kubotan or something similar - related thread.
Old 30th August 2017, 11:49   #25
Team-BHP Support

Water flooded my car's cabin yesterday, so it has been dropped off at the workshop this morning. The water needs to be drained out. The carpet is soaked, but the seats are untouched. Everything seems to be functioning perfectly, but I have lost the cladding of the left front wheel well.
Old 30th August 2017, 12:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Crises bring out the best and the worst of humanity. Mumbai triumphs once again!
Attached Thumbnails
29/08/2017: Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many areas flooded-img20170830wa0007.jpg  

Old 30th August 2017, 13:02   #27
BHPian

While yesterday's rains played havoc on all the car owners this innovative Audi owner did a jugaad of his own-

P.S- The car's wipers were non functioning.
Old 30th August 2017, 13:20   #28
BHPian

Water seeped a into my car yesterday and now the carpet is soaked in the passenger area. Can anyone give some pointers on how to dry this fast? With no sun in sight today and more rains predicted, I am afraid the car will start smelling soon. Well, to be honest, not a major issue considering other's situation nevertheless wanted to check.
Old 30th August 2017, 13:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Well, to be honest, not a major issue considering other's situation nevertheless wanted to check.
First, soak up as much moistness as you can using some newspapers. Then, if you can manage to arrange for a power socket near your car, use a hair dryer (at its lowest setting) over the affected area.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 30th August 2017, 13:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Water seeped a into my car yesterday and now the carpet is soaked in the passenger area. Can anyone give some pointers on how to dry this fast? With no sun in sight today and more rains predicted, I am afraid the car will start smelling soon. Well, to be honest, not a major issue considering other's situation nevertheless wanted to check.
Rice bags, kitty litter, silica gel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks