Team-BHP - China claims Arunachal Pradesh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   China claims Arunachal Pradesh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/19012-china-claims-arunachal-pradesh.html)

now chaina has laid claims on arunachal pradesh. thanx to our historic foreign policies we have to prove time & again which part belongs to us & not. 2/5 of J&K is with pakistan & 1/5 is with china. what more can we ask for?

Is no one going to lay claim to BIHAR????

Ha ha. We should just surprise Pakistan or China one day by gifting them Bihar. The look on their faces will be priceless!

Yes. Somebody please claim Bihar. We'll give you Jharkhand & Madhya Pradesh for free.

And as for the Indian Foreign Policy, the Ministry of External Affairs has requested that I refrain from any public or private comments to avoid uneccessary international issues with other nations.

thats true guys but it seems as a country everyone's taking us for a ride, from MUSH to the GREAT WALL to the BANGY'S

Imagine the gall claiming territory which has not, which is not, and which never will be part of their land...

I sincerely hope the Indian Government sends a strong condemnation of such antics from the chinese

Quote:

We'll give you Jharkhand & Madhya Pradesh for free.
Oye Why Madhya Pradesh ???

The Chinese are unbelievable. And our leaders are the lousiest in the world.
These guys only recently "accepted" that Sikkim is ours and now they have tagged on to Arunachal.
It is time someone did some tough talking. Guess Goerge Fernandez did a bit of tongue lashing when he was defence minister. But others silenced him.

Yeah, sidharth_j, it is time we asked them to shove it where the sun does not shine. :)

Next step by the Chinese : A buildup of troops along the border. Then internal unrest in Arunachal. Then the Chinese coming to "rescue" them. Why have such a spineless govt..!
George Fernandes was right in calling China a bigger enemy than Pakistan.

Is this news? China has claimed Arunachal Pradesh from times of British raj when they refused to acknowledge the "LOC" drawn by McMahon. The reason of this is that 60% of the population is Thai Burmese and Tibetian in origin, with the rest being immigrants from Assam etc.,
An interesting thing to note is that all lines drawn by British as borders during their rule are now disputed :D. Britishers left the region long time ago, but their legacy still lives on in terms of strife in the South Asian continent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
The reason of this is that 60% of the population is Thai Burmese and Tibetian in origin, with the rest being immigrants from Assam etc.

Did not understand how this gives them a claim ? Thai /Burmese / Tibetan etc is not the same as Chinese, right ? If they mean Mongolian features, then that is ridiculous because then we would no longer have something that we call the NorthEast currently.

They claim Taiwan as theirs and they have already taken over Tibet. Now this. :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Is no one going to lay claim to BIHAR????

i remembered this joke when i read ur post, manmohan said to bush, i will give you bihar for one year, pls make it like america.

lalu felt insluted and told manmohan, give me america for one month and i will turn it into bihar.

jokes apart, i feel that one day there will be no india left, as all our neighbouring countries will ask for all our states and we will be left with none.

our MEA will have to do something drastic to prevent this.

Shubbhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaa45
our MEA will have to do something drastic to prevent this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
They claim Taiwan as theirs and they have already taken over Tibet. Now this. :Shockked:

Friends, Indians, countrymen (and women too), please note that might is right in international politics. Our MEA and other politicians will growl like tigers for local consumption, but will purr and whine when dealing with the Chinese. Not even the mighty US dares to mess with the Chinese. If they decide to attack Taiwan and occupy it, the US can only watch and hope that the Taiwanese will put up a fight and make the Chinese pay heavily, but everybody knows that ultimately Taiwan will succumb and the US cannot (or more appropriately, will not) do a thing about it. India no longer has the support of the defunct Soviet Union. So it would be very unwise for us to provoke the Chinese. George Fernandez was rightly told to stuff it when he opened his big mouth on China.
Edit: Border disputes with China must be settled amicably by negotiation, keeping in mind the mutual interests of both India and China. The path of provocation and confrontation will not work.

China really is far more dangerous enemy than pakistan. We already lost a war to them because of the terrible war tactics adopted by our politicians. what we should do is gift our politicians to them, not our lands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks
Edit: Border disputes with China must be settled amicably by negotiation, keeping in mind the mutual interests of both India and China. The path of provocation and confrontation will not work.

but if india keeps on taking a mute stand on every issue our neighbours come up with then there will be no end to it. india is growing on a equal level with dhine but these politicians are hell bent upon taking india to dogs. this is where china has managed to succeed in everyfield. government supports its people out there while in india it is people who have to end up supporting the government by ways of various taxes.

this attitude refects in each comparision of India and
China. but still i feel that this has to be dealt with severely. in case of Kashmir, it is unerstandable that pakistan was once part of India, but with china asking for Arunachal Pradesh on what basis. it was never a part of china in first place.

Manaa