Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I shall be Participating / Volunteering in the BSF Half Marathon 2017 Run For Fun
Participating in 21km 1 50.00%
Participating in 5km 1 50.00%
Volunteering 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2017, 06:50   #1
BHPian

BSF Half Marathon 2017 - Run for Martyrs - 22 October, New Delhi

BSF HALF MARATHON – 2017 : RUN FOR MARTYRS
22 OCT | J L N STADIUM | NEW DELHI | 0530 HRS

http://www.marathon.bsf.gov.in

BSF Half Marathon 2017 - Run for Martyrs - 22 October, New Delhi-img20170908wa0034.jpg

The International Borders of India with Pakistan, both East and West, were being manned by the respective State Police Forces till the Indo-Pak War in September, 1965. With a view to bringing synergy to the task of Border Guarding and also be enhance the capability of fighting the enemy during war, it was decided by the Government of India to have a single Force under the Union of India for guarding the International Borders of India with Pakistan. Pursuant to this decision, the BSF came into existence on December 1, 1965 by amalgamation of various State Armed Police Battalion into one force. This explains the inevitable dual role assigned to BSF.

*http://bsf.gov.in

The Border Security Force has been, ever since its inception, at the forefront in safeguarding the integrity and sovereignty of the Country and deployed even ahead of the Army. BSF is also credited with having played a vital role for the eradication of militancy in Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir and tackling insurgency in the North East.

The BSF is formed exclusively of these Brave hearts: The Bravest of the Brave, men who don’t flinch despite the most adverse of situations but take the fight immediately to the enemy, even if that may require of them their supreme sacrifice. Our Martyrs are our Heroes and they live on amongst us by virtue of their supreme sacrifices.

The BSF is the world’s largest Border guard with over 2.5 lac deployed personnel safeguarding every inch of India’s 6500 km long land border including Deserts, Mountains and Snow tops, Marshes, Rivers and Backwaters. BSF has an Air Wing, Marine Wing, Artillery Regiments, Camel Wing and Several Commando Units including The Creek Commando. Its ranks include men & women from every part of the country who have fought & won legendary battles including The Battle of Longewala with several Medals, Decorations and honours to their credit.

The contribution of the BSF in eliminating Militancy from Punjab and Kashmir has been another feather in its cap. The elimination of dangerous foreign trained Mercenaries like Amanullah Shah Peer, Saiful Islam Qamar Ul Zaman, Ghazi Baba and Abu Umar are significant points to BSF’s achievements.

Over a period of time, the BSF has earned coveted honours and awards viz.
Mahavir Chakra-1
Kirti Chakra-4
Vir Chakra-13
Shaurya Chakra-13
Sena Medal – 56
VSM-12
Mention in Dispatches – 44
Presidents Police Medal for Gallantry – 232
Police Medal for Gallantry – 896
Parakram Padak – 477
Prime Minister’s Medal for Life Saving – 45
Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak – 1
Jeeval Raksha Padak - 4
UN Medal – 2.

Border Security Force is also the first to be called up for our country’s Internal Security and Anti Insurgency duties. Till date, 1850 BSF personnel have laid down their lives in safeguarding the nation during war, peace, counter insurgency ops and internal security duties

To commemorate their valiant deeds, and supreme sacrifice made in the service of the Nation, Border Security Force is organizing BSF Half Marathon 2017 Run For Martyrs on 22nd October 2017 at JLN Stadium New Delhi.

Route - BSF Half Marathon 2017 Run For Martyrs

BSF Half Marathon 2017 - Run for Martyrs - 22 October, New Delhi-img20170831wa0014.jpg

The BSF Marathon 2017 Run For Martyrs will be flagged off from Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium, will Start from Jawaharlal Nehru stadium – turn right (T/R) Bhishma Pitamah Marg – T/R Lodhi Road – turn left (T/L) Dr. Jakir Hussain Marg – India Gate (inner circle) – T/L Rajpath – T/R towards raisina road T/R Raisina Road – T/L Rafi Marg – T/R Sansad Marg – T/L Connaught Circus (outer) - T/R Radial RD No 2 – T/L Connaught circus (inner) – T/L Way to Palika Car Parking – Sansad Marg – T/L Rafi Marg – T/R Rafi Marg – T/L Raisina Road – T/L towards Rajpath – T/L Rajpath to India Gate (inner circle) – T/R Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg – T/R Lodhi Road – T/L CGO Complex road T/L JLN Stadium and will be flagged-in at JLN Stadium after covering a stretch of 21 Kms.

BSF Half Marathon 2017 - Run for Martyrs - 22 October, New Delhi-img20170831wa0013.jpg

A 5 Km run for fun is also being organised same day which will be flagged off from from Jawaharlal Nehru stadium – turn right (T/R) Bhishma Pitamah Marg – T/R Lodhi Road – Sabz Burj Circle –U turn Lodhi Road - turn left (T/L) CGO Complex road T/L JLN Stadium.

Marathon (men & women – National & International) have been named after the gallant martyrs of the BSF with a whopping amount of cash prize for each winner. The event is intended to be a mega outreach for generating the spirit of nationalism and patriotism through awareness and augmenting support for the families of the Martyrs.

Prize Money & Awards - BSF Half Marathon 2017 Run For Fun

BSF Half Marathon 2017 - Run for Martyrs - 22 October, New Delhi-img20170908wa0033.jpg

Note :- Certificates & Finisher Medals will be issued to all finishers of Half Marathon. Prize money will be paid by a banker's cheque only, subject to TDS deduction as applicable. This will be paid out within 15 days of the event, i.e. by 06th of November 2017.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. When is BSF Half Marathon 2017, start times and location ?

The Race Day is 22nd of Oct, 2017 from 0630 Hrs.

2. When is BSF Run for Fun 2017, start times and location ?

The Race Day is 22nd of Oct, 2017 from 0700 Hrs. (Assembly Time)

3. How do I register for the BSF Half Marathon 2017 ?
You can register online on marathon.bsf.gov.in

4. How do I register online ?
Participants registering online will be allocated a unique ticket number.
Bibs & timing chips will be distributed at following locations on 16th, 17th & 18th October 2017 from 10 AM to 6 pm at BSF HQRs, and from 10 AM to 9 PM at Decathlon Stores:

BSF HQ Distribution Points:-
BSF HQ CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
DIG (HQ), R K Puram, New Delhi.

Decathlon Stores Distribution Points :-
Decathlon Noida
Decathlon Sohna Road
Decathlon Huda City Centre
Decathlon Rohini
Decathlon Tagore Garden
Decathlon Indirapuram
Decathlon Rohini

Please Note - There will be no exchange/delivery of bib numbers on Race Day i.e. 22nd of October, 2017.

5. Is online registration secure ?
The online registration is protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All information supplied will be transmitted via SSL which encrypts and protects your personal information over the internet.

6. What will the registration charge show up as on my bank statement ?
The merchant name that will appear on your bank statement as “Global Insights Consulting Solution.

7. When do registrations close ?
Online registration closes for 21 K Half Marathon and 5 K Run for Fun on 10th October 2017 at 2359 hrs.

8. How and when do I get my chest number ?
Bibs & timing chips will be distributed at the selected places shown on website on 16th, 17th & 18th October 2017 from 10 AM to 6 pm at BSF HQRs, and from 10 AM to 9 PM at Decathlon Stores. Each participant registering for the event can specify nearest collection point at the time of registration.

9. Can someone else pick up my chest number ?
We strongly suggest you pick up your chest number yourself. However someone can pick up the chest number on your behalf if, they carry the counterfoil/ ticket issued by Ticket Counter along with an authorization from your side and an original photo ID card of yours.

10. Where to report on the day of races ?
Location for reporting is JLN Stadium, near CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, N/Delhi. You are required to report 60 minutes prior to start of the race.

11 What is the distance of the races ?
Half Marathon : 21 KM
Run for Fun : 5 KM

12. Do I have to pay additional to my admission fees for timing chip ?
No extra amount is required to be paid for timing chip. The amount for timing chip is included in registration fee for 21 K Half Marathon.

13. When will I get my race results ?
Race results will be available on the website and will also be sent by SMS to you. Please provide accurate mobile number in the form. You can download your certificate from the website directly.

14. Will I get a certificate ?
Yes, all participants who register for 21 K Half Marathon and 05 K Run for Fun can download participation certificate from website. T-Shirt and timing chip will be issued on selected locations on 16th, 17th & 18th Oct, 2017

15. What is the minimum age to participate in the Race events ?
Half Marathon : At least 18 years as on Oct 21, 2017.
5K Run for Fun : No age limit.

16. What are the admission fees for the Race day events ?
Half Marathon : Admission fee of INR 500 including timing chip
(no separate option of registration without timing chip)
Run for Fun : Admission fee of INR 350 without timing chip.
Note : If you have any problem for registration, contact Just Play Sportz on Mob: 9711008215 & Mob: 9711002168 for registration.

17. Where can I park ?
Parking space is available in demarcated areas at the following locations :-
a) Dayal Singh College.
b) IHC (India Habitat Centre).
c) CGO Complex.

18. Will bikes, cars be allowed on the race route ?
Separate running lane will be marked on the race route and will be used only for athletes/runners. No vehicles will be allowed inside the race lane.

19. Will medical facilities be available at the venue in case of an emergency ?
Yes, medical facilities will be available at the venue and along the race route. There will be ambulances alongwith doctors / paramedics at the venue and race route to handle medical emergencies.

20. Will all locations across the course have enough security ?
Yes. All locations across the course will be manned by Border Security Force & Delhi Police personnel assisted by volunteers.

21. Are pets allowed on the course ?
Pets will not be allowed during the events.

22. Is there a time limit for the Half Marathon & Run or Fun?
The route will be available for runners from 06:30 am to 10:00 am on 22nd of October, 2017, which will give Half Marathon participants enough time to complete.

23. Where will the restrooms be located ?
Restrooms will be available at the venue. However, portable toilets will be located at the staging area and along the course as well.

24. Will food and water be available at the venue ?
Water will be provided free of cost to all runners of BSF Half Marathon and Run for Fun. Food and refreshments can be purchased from the food stalls that will be setup at the venue.

25. What kind of clothes do I need to wear for the run ?
There is no specific requirement as such. We suggest track pants/shorts and a T-shirt as they are more comfortable for running.

26. Are there any other events scheduled for the race day ?
Standing BSF Band performances will have live performance to entertain the participants as well as Cheer Points along the route.

Follow India's First Line of Defence on

Twitter: bsf_india
Facebook: OfficialPageBSF/
Instagram: bsf_india/
You Tube : BSF India
Attached Thumbnails
BSF Half Marathon 2017 - Run for Martyrs - 22 October, New Delhi-27-7-2017-final-bsf-logo.jpg  

Last edited by Unavowed_X9 : 9th September 2017 at 07:11.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 13:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: BSF Half Marathon 2017 - Run for Martyrs - 22 October, New Delhi

All the best! Wishing the BSF Marathon a great participation and a salute to the armed forces.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 17:17   #3
BHPian

re: BSF Half Marathon 2017 - Run for Martyrs - 22 October, New Delhi

Im in! Just registered for the 5K Run for Fun. A big Salute to all those Gallant men who may have fallen, but still live on!
Madmax_SP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks