Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2006, 09:21   #1
ECM
BHPian

My collection of Photos

Place DIU a union territory in Gujarat state.
Some photos you may have never seen in your life and yes it is of Whale!!I was fortunate inuf to see a Gray whale but it was dead when I saw it looks to me that its tail was cut by some ship's propeller.It was lying on beach since 1 week and smelling horrible-whales do harakiri mostly near New Zealand and no one knows the reason why they do this.
I saw some people pointing their camara towards it but no one did able to dare to go neat to it to capture its image because of horrible smell comming out of it.Place was Nagoa beach in Diu.Below are my flickr links if one fails to see snaps I'll upload them in imageshck as thumbnails.here I go
First image is of a best clean road I have ever drive my baleno going to Nagoa beach.
PA070012 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Now comes Whale...

Gray whales grow to be at most 45-50 feet (13.8-15 m) long, weighing about 36 tons (33 tonnes). Females are larger than males, as with all baleen whales.

PA090095 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PA090094 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PA090093 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PA090092 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PA090091 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last time whale spoted in Gujarat was in the month of jun-july near Dwarka as per some reports published in local news papers on this,was this the same poor creature?Normally India is not a place for Whales to visit so this creature was out valued guest!It was so sad to see a dead queen(yes it was female)lying on the beach with its tail missing.

Last edited by ECM : 11th December 2006 at 09:31. Reason: Added more snaps from my collection
Old 11th December 2006, 09:52   #2
BANNED

That has got to be one of the saddest things I have seen in a long time..
Old 12th December 2006, 00:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

really its too sad to see such an amazing creature in a condition like this........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks