Team-BHP - The official auto quiz thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The official auto quiz thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/20117-official-auto-quiz-thread.html)

Was thinking about this for a long time. ... starting with this one. I think it is a 'Tough Nut' to crack. But for team BHP it may be a sitter!

1. This great man became the president of this company after his son who was the president died.

2. With which auto company(ies) do you associate the siblings - Stefan and Susanne.

3. You can hear the auto freak Chinks sing "Maria Maria..." What (Who) are we taking about?

4. Michael Douglas is one 'Romeo' of Catherine Zeta-Jones, who or what is the other 'Romeo' for this Juliet?

5. This person joined the auto company we are talking about as top man, from Philips, and two years later the comapny reported its worst loss ever (USD 111 Mill). This comapany is the country's second-largest car manufacturer now. Which company?

2. Porsche
5. Ravi Kant at TATA

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravradha (Post 347010)
Was thinking about this for a long time. ... starting with this one. I think it is a 'Tough Nut' to crack. But for team BHP it may be a sitter!

1. This great man became the president of this company after his son who was the president died.

2. With which auto company(ies) do you associate the siblings - Stefan and Susanne.

3. You can hear the auto freak Chinks sing "Maria Maria..." What (Who) are we taking about?

4. Michael Douglas is one 'Romeo' of Catherine Zeta-Jones, who or what is the other 'Romeo' for this Juliet?

5. This person joined the auto company we are talking about as top man, from Philips, and two years later the comapny reported its worst loss ever (USD 111 Mill). This comapany is the country's second-largest car manufacturer now. Which company?

Let me try

2. Holden
5. General Motors

Nice idea !! I love this thread.

Anyway, my guesses.

1). Enzo Ferrari (his son was Dino who died....he even had a Ferrari named after him).

2). Stefan and Susanne ehh ??....no idea. Lada ??

3).

4). Alfa Romeo :p ?? No idea whatsoever man....

5). Again....no idea. Can just take a wild guess as Ford ??

EDIT: after Mpower's post...

Yeah....could be TATA motors...

2. BMW.

4. She endorses Alfa-Romeo.

1. Enzo ferrari
2. Porsche
3. He he... What maria???
4. Alfa romeo
5. Tata motors...

Nice thread.

5>. Tata Motors Is the second largest car manufacturer in India.

PS: Google gives an unfair advantage.

5 > Was that Ravi Kant?

Cheers

1> Enzo Ferrari after the death of his son Dino.

3> Stefan & Suzanne Quandt owners of BMW, Mini, Rolls-Royce alongwith their mother Johanna.

Was busy with work so heres my contribution again:

1>. Ferrari- Enzo Ferrari
2>. BMW
3>. No idea
4>. Alpha Romeo
5>. Tata motors - Ravi Kant

1. Enzo Ferrari and Henry Ford. Edsel, Henry Ford's son, succeeded his father as president. After Edsel Ford passed away in 1943, a saddened Henry Ford resumed the presidency.

2. BMW, Rover

3. Santana. China's largest selling car. Santana pop singer who sang the hit "Maria Maria..."

4. Alfa-Romeo Sportswagon

5. Tata Motors

Hope you enjoyed the quiz. Congrats : rahul_intlad, CrAzY dRiVeR, iraghava, v1p3r, nikhilb2008, Mpower and rjstyles69.

1. What type of car is Cadillac 1?

2. I came after Trakker, and am similar to Caliber and Matrix. Who am I?

3. Which car was designed using a "knife blade" theme and has a mathematics connection?

4. Which car was launched in 1974, sold only on continental Europe, had a 1093 cc engine, was popular for relatively low cost.

5. I am a sedan, built in turkey, proud to be designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro and they sarted producing me in 2002. People think that I came by arbitrary order or decree.

1. Cadillac One is the U.S. Presidential limousine (designation similar to Air Force One, Marine One and so on). Based on a Cadillac DeVille i think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravradha (Post 347295)
2. BMW, Rover

That's not true any more, they sold out Land Rover to Ford & Rover to Phoenix consortium a few years back since when Rover went bankrrupt & was sold out to SAIC & others in bits & pieces. BMW however, still does own the rights to the Rover name.

3. Isuzu Axiom....SUV designed in Japan..using Knife blade Theme