Team-BHP - Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/202802-malpractices-flipkarts-big-billion-sale-21.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 5361738)
Things have gotten worse. They picked up the item 2 days back after several follow ups and escalation. Now they are not able to trace the picked up item.
I am getting messages and automated calls since then stating pick up is scheduled and by end of day get another message that pick up is cancelled as customer decided to keep the product.
Tried all means to get their attention, including twitter. They give standard response with future date and promise resolution.
Looks like I am left with only legal options now. First legal notice and then consumer forum is the option right?

When they do the reverse pickup, the company generates way bill and you need to sign iit. The invoice will be of 0 value due to GST complications. A copy of the reverse pickup way bill will be provided to you. Hope you have it. If you have send it to Flipkart and ask them to process refund. It is their headache to get the phone.

Most online sellers have QC at their gate exit stage with proof. If a customer received defective product, the seller will put it on the transit/delivery company. This is the reason delivery companies will dodge picking up the defective product so that they can avoid the hit to their revenue due to their delivery executives follies . Very cheap and disgusting practice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thanixravindran (Post 5361869)
When they do the reverse pickup, the company generates way bill and you need to sign iit. The invoice will be of 0 value due to GST complications. A copy of the reverse pickup way bill will be provided to you. Hope you have it.

I don't have anything. Usually Flipkart or Amazon doesn't provide such a receipt when they pick up return. He shown me everything on his mobile. I missed taking a screenshot of the same. I was too naive to believe that Flipkart is a sane company:Frustrati

Terrible experience.

We as customers are often apprehensive insisting procedures be followed by the book, out of a misplaced sense of 'why piss someone off, they wouldn't cheat me'.

Do NOT accept a tampered package. If it's something urgent and/or not easily available, verify contents in delivery agent's presence before accepting. If they refuse (time/policy constraints), reject the package. No amount of 'must have it now!' is worth the hassle.

When refusing a delivery, please ensure it's marked as such on their device before delivery person leaves your presence. Most delivery guys walk away saying they'll do it later. Most do, some don't and nuisance ensues.

When returning something, insist on getting a copy of the pickup waybill/shipping label (or a picture in case of a digital label). There will always be one, logistics partner won't pickup without it as they use it to trace the package through their systems. If you don't get one, you're essentially at the mercy of the logistics company until the package is delivered back to source and acknowledged. There are enough absolutely crappy ones out there (looking at you, Delhivery).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 5361912)
I don't have anything. Usually Flipkart or Amazon doesn't provide such a receipt when they pick up return. He shown me everything on his mobile. I missed taking a screenshot of the same. I was too naive to believe that Flipkart is a sane company:Frustrati

When they pick up, your order page will get updated with that status. If it didn't, then the delivery guys are scamming you. And it is highly possible that it was them who pilfered your original phone and replaced it with an old one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonfire (Post 5362073)
When they pick up, your order page will get updated with that status. If it didn't, then the delivery guys are scamming you. And it is highly possible that it was them who pilfered your original phone and replaced it with an old one.

It is either the seller or delivery people. Flipkart is handling it very poorly!
In fact their support people have no clue. They just repeat the same thing, we have escalated and team is working on it. Meanwhile I am getting all these "pick up scheduled" messages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 5362159)
It is either the seller or delivery people. Flipkart is handling it very poorly!
In fact their support people have no clue. They just repeat the same thing, we have escalated and team is working on it. Meanwhile I am getting all these "pick up scheduled" messages.

Do you have CCTV footage showing you handover the product return? If you live in a society or apartment that logs the visit of service personnel with name and mobile number, you can ask the details. Or whether any SMS came when the reverse pickup was scheduled with the agent mobile number so that you can call him and ask to update in system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 5362159)

If you are getting "Pickup Scheduled" messages even after they "picked up" the device, then its obvious who the culprit is. You should have recorded the IMEI numbers and made video proof of it before handing it back to them. Now you have no proof, only accusations.

Update on my ordeal with Flipkart.

I sent a legal notice through my lawyer on Monday this week. They received registered copy on Tuesday and on Wednesday they initiated the refund.

Until I sent the legal notice, they were taking me for a ride, shamelessly I would say because I lost the count of calls I made and the number of people I scolded in their customer support. Each time the man/lady from customer support would start with "what is the problem you are facing" while they are sitting on an existing case. I have never seen such an incompetent customer support in my life.

I was prepared to go to the court if that is where it ended as I had gathered all the proofs I can - security came recordings, copy of emails, recordings of phone calls, SMS, screenshot of APP etc.. I even asked my lawyer if I should go after them seeking compensation for all the mental agony and time I lost. He suggested me not to, because it will be time consuming and the compensation may not justify the extra effort.

After 21 days, and more than 21 phone calls and emails, did I win? I don't think so because all I got was my own money back. Still a loser :Frustrati because the phone was supposed to be a gift for my son's birthday.

Flipkart has ironically put this tweet

https://twitter.com/Flipkart/status/...qhQkEoVSLSaKXg

Quote:

Originally Posted by thanixravindran (Post 5370763)
Flipkart has ironically put this tweet

They are a bunch of crooks, these Flipkart guys!

After an episode of utter carelessness and apathy similar to yours, I have completely stopped ordering from them.

Largely due to the morons at Flipkart Customer Care and partly due to the geniuses that run the show at eKart, I have decided not to give them even a paisa of my hard earned money.

An occasional miss in logistics is acceptable, but a complete disregard for the time and trust invested by the customer is not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 5369355)
After 21 days, and more than 21 phone calls and emails, did I win? I don't think so because all I got was my own money back. Still a loser :Frustrati because the phone was supposed to be a gift for my son's birthday.

Congratulations on getting your OWN money back after a gruelling 21 days. Unfortunately due to our legal system, where anyone can cheat us without a care in the world, we're at the mercy of these thieves.

FK is amongst the more notorious ones for not initiating refunds even when its legitimately due. I had a small loss with them a long time ago and decided its easier to just write it off. Wonder how many people feel the same and hence how much money these crooks make without delivering any product. Also wonder how they account for this stolen money, inspite of auditors auditing their books.

We have purchased big items like Aircons, mobile etc, but never faced any problems. The only thing that I can think of is that I do a thorough due diligence about the seller, and also look only at flipkart assured items. For our recent mobile purchase, we had opted for the one available with the open box policy.

Recently, my house help had a bad experience with Flipkart. He had ordered a small lamp/diya from Flipkart and the deal turned out to be a nightmare.

He placed the order on Aug 30th and opted for COD.

It was delivered on Sep 3rd. When opened, he found the item was broken. The item was returnable until Sep 11.

On Sep 4th, he reached out to me to help open a return request using the app on his phone. The return was scheduled by their system for Sep 14th.

On Sep 12th, the return request was cancelled from the system's end. Reason given was the order is past the return date!

Yesterday, he reached out to me again to check the status of the return as 14th had passed and no one came to pick up the broken item. It took me some time but finally, I understood the ploy used by Flipkart to cheat their way through - assign a pick-up date which is after the last return date of the order and then, cancel the order after the last return date is gone.

It goes without saying that there was no easy way for me to raise a grievance. As it was a small ticket item so I asked him to forgive/forget and move on.

With another BBD approaching, I thought of sharing it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 5402992)
Recently, my house help had a bad experience with Flipkart. He had ordered a small lamp/diya from Flipkart and the deal turned out to be a nightmare.

He placed the order on Aug 30th and opted for COD.

It was delivered on Sep 3rd. When opened, he found the item was broken. The item was returnable until Sep 11.

On Sep 4th, he reached out to me to help open a return request using the app on his phone. The return was scheduled by their system for Sep 14th.

On Sep 12th, the return request was cancelled from the system's end. Reason given was the order is past the return date!

Seriously?? This is atrocious. I thought the returnable date is something as till the day I can raise return request. These companies are stooping low with each experience I am reading. Anyhow, we have moved out of Flipkart long time ago and now a days mostly going to offline stores and reduced Amazon also.

First off, I would like to thank the Team-BHP community to no end!

This thread has saved me from becoming another victim of FraudKart and their notorious logistics partner, EKART.
Kindly spare a few minutes to see how I dodged the bullet!

I had been yearning for a hardcore gaming phone for a long time. After endless research, shortlisted the ASUS ROG Phone 5s. Unfortunately, Flipkart is the sole marketplace where ROG phones are sold by 3rd party sellers.

The ROG Phone 5s (8GB RAM /128GB ROM) listed on ASUS website for INR 49999/-
Special price on Flipkart - INR 46999
Exchange for my poor M31s and I had to part with INR 42xxx

Attached screenshot will speak for itself.
I had to take the delivery in person as the device to be exchanged is the phone I am using at the moment.

On 01st Oct, there was no contact information for the deliver agent available by noon. I figured right away, the delivery was not going to happen as scheduled.
Called Flipkart several times, subjected to the same head breaking charade.

I was going to be unavailable to facilitate the exchange and take delivery of the item until 05-Oct. Finally rescheduled delivery for 05-Oct.

After numerous phone calls and 'chat support' queries (the infamous close ended loop of 'customer service'), the contact number (without name of delivery agent) came through in the morning (05-Oct).

I called the number at least 20 times in a span of 7 hours. No answer or disconnected after few rings.
The EKART rodent finally answers the call for the first time, refuses to give his name, has the audacity to ask my name. He stated, "I have not been able to answer any phone calls today, Whenever I answer, the call drops".

I could hear his colleagues laughing in the background. One of them pretended to be another customer. He then asked that fake customer if he was able to get through in any attempts for contact.

Sorry for this long post, ladies and gents.
I am profusely grateful that I came across this thread, as I was struck in limbo about the decision of cancelling my order. My long standing dream of owning a top tier gaming phone will be buried, for now.

But I have come out through the other end, wiser.
Best part, I had set up COD as payment method. In hindsight, probably the only right thing I did, considering how this travesty played out.