Team-BHP - Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/202802-malpractices-flipkarts-big-billion-sale-24.html)

Just beware of the issues Flipkart is facing and do not indulge in any big ticket items. This is the first time I faced this issue. I just ordered M2 Macbook Air during the BBD sale and also a powered Sony subwoofer. Macbook Air never got delivered.

The refund worked fine though. So, it is not easy to be like Amazon, it shows. The price offered by FK was around 89k with my i5 Air was supposed to be taken as buy back which will bring the Air to 72k. But they missed delivery dates two times. Stay clear of Flipkart until they sort out their logistics issues.

Ordered a WD Blue NAND 3D 2TB SATA SSD from flipkart. Price was 7900 during BBD sale. I had an option to choose between seller CORSERA or MPDSLERetail. The latter is said to be FK’s in-house seller (remember WSRetail in the old days?).

I received the order today and the SSD is manufactured in Jan 2021. I have registered it on WD website and though the registration is successful, the warranty expires in Feb 2026 (not as per box that states 5 years warranty). Flipkart page states a 3 years warranty so I guess they know that they are selling an old/obsolete stock.

Now sure about the next steps but planning to keep it as updated price are north of 11k now.

Flipkart did not supply an invoice by the way. And I realized that FK does not offer one (unlike amazon). It was an open box delivery and I do not remember the delivery guy throwing away the bill from inside the package. Who cares for those physical bills anyway when we get invoice download option in the app itself?

I have been favouring FK over amazon lately but if they cant even provide a bill/ invoice, I will shift to amazon for the better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddleShifter (Post 5645721)
Flipkart did not supply an invoice by the way. And I realized that FK does not offer one (unlike amazon).

You can download invoice from your order page.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-screenshot-2652.png

You do get an option to download the invoice and they even send it on your Email ID as well.

Thank you friends. The option to download the invoice was not present in the app, email or desktop web version even though the product was shown as delivered. I pulled the trigger too soon as I have just received an email stating that the product is delivered and invoice can be downloaded now. The option to download the invoice is now available in all channels.

I usually do not download an invoice unless I have bought a product with disputable characteristics such as old manufacturing date etc. Amazon offers the download invoice option immediately compared to FK.

Flipkart site is totally unpredictable and fails to load pages when somehow the system "thinks" and finds out that the deal is so sweet that perhaps the consumer is taking "unfair" advantage and you know what it does? a. declines a payment on a credit card that is already saved on flipkart / used in past transactions, b. credit card debit takes place after giving OTP but fails to confirm the order and so on.

I faced decline of my order on the last day of this year's big billion, that finally I gave up. Luckily in my case the discount after 12 midnight on that same item was better (2000/- off on a high value item) than the discount when big billion was active.

The biggest scam related to online buying, not necessarily Flipkart, is Refurbished or Renewed. Seriously, how many Indians are well versed in understanding what is on offer and boy oh boy the prices of these second-hand products seem to be following the trend of second-hand cars in the auto industry.

As for Flipkart, during the Covid period when dental hygiene was at its peak, I had ordered a set of Colgate mouthwash. Incredibly, the seller had pasted his own MRP on top of the actual price. I complained to Flipkart, but nothing came of it. I stay away from buying anything from Flipkart after that. I must say shopping on Amazon has been quite the contrary, they have always (for each of my nit-picking) refunded the entire amount whenever I have been dissatisfied. It is the only reason I have continued my membership and buy from the Amazon platform even though I find better deals elsewhere.

I do not use Flipkart because I had a very embarrassing issue 2 years back. I ordered one double door fridge from Flipkart which was supposed to be a gift for someone's marriage. The order was placed 10 days before marriage so that the delivery happens before the marriage. The tracking worked fine till 3 days and after that it kept showing that it was lying in some warehouse near Gurgaon. Waited patiently for 2-3 days, but no update from Flipkart. Marriage happened, folks shifted to their new house and the fridge was still in transit. Best part, customer care was clueless and finally one day received*a call from a person who was more like a delivery agent, mentioning to me that it can't be delivered. They cancelled the order as they tried multiple times reaching my place, but were unable to find the address which was a lie. They never called me to ask for the address and tried multiple times without reaching out to me once and that too when I was calling FP's customer care daily.
This entire episode took more than a month to get my order cancelled and The newly married couple bought the same fridge from a local shop after waiting for 10-12 days. To this day, whenever I go to their place and see the fridge I feel sad and embarrassed :(

Thanks,
Slushmaster

The last item that I purchased on FlipKart was a perfume in 2021, post Covid binge, now I know "what was I thinking".
Dior Sauvage, it was in Pakka original bottle and perfect packing. Sadly, it turned out to be total fake.
Don't have FK App on my phone, nor seen it's website after it. I rarely shop stuff online, better-half has completely decamped to Amazon and has been fairly happy with it.
Whatever little shopping that I do, it's mostly in Physical stores or during trips abroad.

Many, like me, have come to full circle on eCommerce!

Buying a reputed perfume like Dior, online, is never a good idea
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharya (Post 5646115)
Dior Sauvage, it was in Pakka original bottle and perfect packing. Sadly, it turned out to be total fake.

Flipkart as a platform is simply unreliable. Period.

Personally dislike everything about it, including the UI. The bugs are endless, esepcially during festive sales, when pages simply fail to load.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 5646187)
Buying a reputed perfume like Dior, online, is never a good idea

Well if you recall the Covid times, especially just after the first Lockdown, when people were deprived of things in life that we usually take for granted.

There was no sign of Travel opening up, locked at home for months, with no intention of going out to shop, it all resulted in impulsive purchases. :eek: