Team-BHP - Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/202802-malpractices-flipkarts-big-billion-sale-9.html)

My god, this is insane!

I would gladly pay a bit more and pick from a physical store than risk having this kind of experience. FK was never really a go-to place for me anyway but after reading through your horror story, I am certain I am not going to use them for any big ticket item. They have lost all the focus in trying to rake up the numbers. Really sad to see them go down this path.

I've had good experience both with Amazon and Flipkart. I always try to stay away from these "luring" sales largely because of the complications involved. But to lock an account and then to delete it later is an uncalled-for act. It's very unfortunate that Flipkart took this kind of an ignorant decision. This creates doubts in minds of customers like me. They should revert their decision, and put the issue to rest.

Flipkart lost one more customer after going through their response to Pramod`s concerns.
Yes, in any business at some times their would be conflict between service provider and the customers. But service providers needs to be fair when they have 100% control of the situation like superseding the login accounts and refund due to customers. Service providers can't unilaterally decide on action in those cases. It will not be a natural justice. If customer decides to challenge in the law of court and willing to take the pain of going through the hassel then without doubt customer rights will win.
More importantly they lose many more exciting and potential customer, like in this case. Bye FK, you have lost a good customer and may be many more unless you address concerns expressed in this forum.

Yesterday I was shocked at what Flipkart has the gall to ask its customers, calling it a 'survey'.

Ever been blatantly asked such info at any brick & mortar store!?
Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-screenshot_20181020130121138_com.flipkart.android.pngMalpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-screenshot_20181020130110947_com.flipkart.android.png
Frankly, I can & do easily find most stuff for way cheaper offline at famous locations/markets.

Brick & mortar stores are better as we often get to speak with people who know their stuff and are giving real honest advice. Edit : Sometimes there'll be scammers but one learns to judge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsivj (Post 4481122)
... My worry on refund is what if the refund comes after the Use by date. I wouldn't be able to use it.

Slightly off topic, but which card was that?

For most prepaid cards even after the original card expires you can ask the balance on it to be transferred to a similar other card that would be issued to you (subject to the card replacement fees) so worry not.

My personal experience with Flipkart has been rather nice, but I haven't shopped much on it lately.

My personal experience has been good so far even in the big billion day sales. They do jack up prices for a lot of items during sale and then discount them as a promotional stunt. This time ordered a iPhone 7 32 GB which costed around 33k only which i felt was VFM. Also ordered a Meguiars car wax which is yet to be delivered as they screwed up the packing so when it came it was leaking in the packet. Now awaiting the re shipment.

Just an hour ago, I received a call from them. It was a nightmare to converse with the customer care guy. They are so trained to repeat what they say, they sometimes don’t make any sense. Long story short, the call center guy just told me that “due to high returns the account is frozen”, I asked him if it’s my fault? To that he repeated like a broken record that “the account is frozen due to high returns“

I told him to cancel my gift cards, he said he will do that, it took me almost 15 minutes to convince him. He asked about my last order bein still active. I asked him to o cancel that as well since it’s not yet shipped, he goes on hold for a minute and tell me due to a system issue he can’t can cancel it and asked for 1 more day :Frustrati

I asked him to document our discussion and send a mail, this is what he sends.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-0b0b915a275f443f8f4ff31a356907ea.png

Looks like my battle with them is far from over.

I would like to thank all my tbhp friends who have shared this on their Facebook walls and Twitter, this call happened mainly due to that else they were not communicating at all with me.

Pramod

If I am offered same deal between Flipkart and Amazon, I would prefer Amazon for their faster and efficient delivery. Cancellations are rare with Amazon (at least in my experience). Even if Amazon is slightly more expensive, I would prefer Amazon.

I once bought a CD from Flipkart in 2011 which had the MRP labelled out with a higher price and discount put on it on their website. I promptly complained to Flipkart over this malpractice to which I never received a reply. I have not shopped for a single rupee since 2011 from Flipkart. Clearly, they do not know how not to miss the woods for the trees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay81 (Post 4481930)
If I am offered same deal between Flipkart and Amazon, I would prefer Amazon for their faster and efficient delivery. Cancellations are rare with Amazon (at least in my experience). Even if Amazon is slightly more expensive, I would prefer Amazon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells Bells (Post 4482147)
I have not shopped for a single rupee since 2011 from Flipkart. Clearly, they do not know how not to miss the woods for the trees.

Similar situation. Initially I used to use Flipkart over Amazon because it was an Indian company and I wanted to support an Indian business over a foreign one. But the Flipkart delivery guys were consistently pushy and rude, despite several complaints to Flipkart. So I stopped shopping on Flipkart and now don't even bother to check if they have a better deal than Amazon.

Also, visited a Blue Dart collection center a couple of weeks ago to collect something, saw the courier employees literally throwing parcels from one end of the room to the other to sort them out. Several parcels, some of them looked like smartphone shipments, were literally sent crashing on to the floor! :)

I have been actively using online shopping websites in India since 2010 and have experience with near about everything, from very mature websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Myntra to several obscure ones. My experience with Flipkart has been generally good. I have used Flipkart for several big ticket purchases like TV, fridge, washing machine, phones etc.

However, I feel that rather than the likes of Flipkart deteriorating, it is Amazon which has raised the bar high which others are not able to match. It was common with Flipkart to commit a delivery date and then go completely silent as the promised date goes past. In fact, I ordered a laptop bag from Flipkart last Friday and it hasn't shipped yet. With Amazon, I would probably have had the bag in hand right now.

Few years ago, Flipkart would get away with bad customer engagement because others were worse. Today, there are organisations better than Flipkart.

I've had my fair share of bad experiences with Flipkart and so, always prefer Amazon over Flipkart. But the worst of them all is Snapdeal.. they only seem to sell fake products.

I also had a harrowing experience with Flipkart once in 2015 when I purchased a phone. I paid 70 rupees extra for next day shipping as I had to start for a weekend trip immediate next day.

During the whole day, Flipkart's customer torture executives kept telling me that it'll arrive by 9 PM. I had stayed till that time in office to just to receive the phone. As expected, it didn't arrive at all.

I went on with the trip with wife's phone. It never occurred to Flipkart that people usually don't come to office on weekends when they tirelessly tried to deliver phone at my office. As my phone was unreachable, they hurriedly cancelled my order and refunded everything to my wallet!!

After coming back, I called them and their famous customer torture executives told me that it can't be transferred back to bank account. In the end, I decided to end my torture by ordering the same phone again and prayed for it's delivery. As a compensation for the torture, they gave 70 rupees extra as they were not able to make the next day delivery. The phone arrived and we lived happily ever after, until my son developed a liking for the sounds that phones often make when smashed into floor.

In the aftermath, I deleted my Flipkart account and swore to never buy from them again and almost exclusively stuck with Amazon until last year.

After coming to Pune, Amazon started treating my pincode as some lowborn. Time and again, it cancels the products, delays the deliveries and to top it all, loses them. The issue with loses is that, I have to make a call to cancel the infinitely delayed products. Their system can't flag orders which have been delayed for too long. And I used to order so much that I myself used to forget stuff that I ordered. It did give a nice feeling while receiving the refunds for these, like sometimes when I find the lost 100 rupees note in my pocket.

As an adventurist, I created a Flipkart account and have started ordering with them again. Flipkart usually delivers faster than Amazon on my pincode.
Till now, there hasn't been any problem. But, I know I am screwed if and when something goes wrong.

But then, dear Flipkart shoppers, there are people who buy cars from Skoda dealers or do option trading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atnyia (Post 4482456)
Their system can't flag orders which have been delayed for too long.

Which is a very weird miss from Amazon especially when buying from 3rd party sellers there.

I have had to face two occasions where the sellers just gave fake shipment information and Amazon support [god bless them] could only send them mails asking for updates.

Speaking directly to the sellers was a horrendous experience :deadhorse

This whole thing seems like an elaborate way to scam many customers.:Frustrati

Amazon is anyday better than Flipkart for some reason. Though both does business in similar lines - like spiking up prices before a Grand Sale or whatever they call it.

By the way some good news from the Amazon.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-amazon_mail.png

I know the difference isn't much, but the gesture matters.clap:

@pramodkumar,

Do update us about the cancellation request for the last order.

Also I am assuming you have recorded the conversation between you and the customer care.