Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2019, 11:13   #1
BHPian

16-year old boy develops a drone that can destroy landmines without human risk

A 16-year-old boy from Ahmedabad, Gujarat has invented a drone named ‘EAGLE A7’ which he claims can detect and destroy landmines without any human risk.

“This tech is not available anywhere else.
It has multi-spectral land mine detection technology which can detect mines,” Harshwardhansingh Zala, the designer of the drone, told ANI about his invention.

Quote:

Zala has also received many offers from abroad, however, he wishes to help the armed forces through his tech. “I’ve received many offers to go and work abroad but it is my wish to develop this drone and deploy it to serve the Indian Army and CRPF, to save our jawans from being martyred,” he said.

Moreover, flying drones or remotely-piloted aircraft have become legal in India starting from December 1, 2018, with the National Drones Policy drafted by the Ministry of Civil Aviation coming into effect. The policy called “Drone Regulations 1.0” clarifies where, when and how drones can operate within India. The aviation regulator, DGCA, has designed five different categories of drones as Nano, Micro, Small, Medium, and Large.

Under this new policy, Nano drones which weigh less than 250 grams or equal doesn’t need registration or license. However, drones belonging to the remaining categories will need to be registered on the Digital Sky portal, following which a Unique Identification Number (UIN) or Unmanned Aircraft Operator’s Permit (UAOP) will be issued by the DGCA.
Source:
https://www.financialexpress.com/ind...mpression=true

Proud of this Amazing talent from a 16 year Old Indian
Wish him more success and glory.
Hope his achievements make India Proud.

Last edited by JS Kwt : 25th January 2019 at 11:35.
JS Kwt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 12:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 16-year-old Ahmedabad boy develops drone ‘EAGLE A7’ that can destroy landmines without human ri

I am sorry to be a skeptic but this feels like Ramar Pillai’s water based petrol.

There are multiple kinds of landmines- some being pressure sensitive while others employ motion / vibration detectors, magnets to sense a heavy vehicle approaching etc. Still others are remotely triggered by radio control, or use old fashioned tripwires. Varying sensitivity too, some just need you to step on them while others need a heavy vehicle to pass above them to trigger the device.

The one picture I can see in this video uses what looks like either sound or radio waves being broadcast from the drone - which might trigger some mines but not all.

Using drones is certainly an idea others have tried though - eg https://www.theverge.com/2016/7/19/1...ne-kafon-drone which first uses metal detectors and gps to locate buried mines, and later goes to each located mine with a robot arm that places a small explosive charge over it, which is then detonated to explode the mine through sympathetic detonation.

Last edited by hserus : 25th January 2019 at 13:11.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks