Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2007, 12:30   #1
BHPian

Thanks TBhpians

I would like to thank all the tbhpinas for making a difference in my motoring life. Though i have been driving since i completed 11 years, getting trained by the drivers we had employed. I always had this thought that i was an invincible driver. I used be a very fast driver and at times very RASH(because of my road rage), i have never scratched my car(touch wood) despite a lot of close calls which includes the "yamadharma rajas" of the Indian roads. I always get in to a road rage using abusive, foul language, sometimes even uncontrollably infront of my parents.

After being a passive reader of this forum , i find a lot of change in my driving style, i would say i have graduated in to a matured driver.This means i have un hooked my rash driving part, with the speed part still there.My road rage has come down drastically and im really proud of it now. My wife is really surprised by this change(She also plays a vital role in reducing my road rage). Poor soul She learnt all the foul and unparlimentary language (in English, Tamil, Malayalam) from me. For this i owe a lot to this forum and all he tbhpians, I really salute everyone out here for making a change.

Now i find a relaxed myself driving.(Peace and calm prevails inside my car. More happier to drive and really enjoying the drives)
Old 7th February 2007, 13:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well Evo we are very proud & happy to know our advice has made a difference to your driving style & lead you to enjoying your drives more!

Wecome to the forum hope you pick up more tips here which make you a better & safer driver & let you enjoy the unmatched pleasures of a nice drive!
Old 7th February 2007, 13:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

What you have felt is the Team-BHP effect, which has happened to many of us here too, including myself. Good to know that this forum has had the same effect on you too. cheers
Old 7th February 2007, 13:22   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Great. I can now worry about 1 less driver on Bangalore roads endangering my car.
Old 7th February 2007, 13:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations evo8! And welcome to the world of stress free motoring.
Wish I could say the same about me. But, I am YET to see the light
Old 7th February 2007, 13:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

@Mag & evo8 , count me also in. Used to be this aggressive driver. Since I have joined t-bhp my attitude has also changed on the roads. Sobered down a lot, got rid of my so called invincible attitude towards cabbies, auto drivers, BMTC bus drivers et all....
Tend to give everyone a chance to realize their mistake and not growl at the very 1st instance. Needless to say I insist on driving with the seat belts now, be it family, frends or colleagues.Thanks to Team-BHP.
Old 9th February 2007, 00:51   #7
elf
BANNED

Yes, my driving style too has changed. I don't drink & drive anymore.

No thanks to TBHP for that though - my crotch warmed Chablis was getting cold again due to my air-con. Something which I don't enjoy. Hence I stopped.
Old 9th February 2007, 11:05   #8
BHPian

...I think the "Team-BHP" Syndrome is highly Infectious
Old 9th February 2007, 11:29   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
No thanks to TBHP for that though - my crotch warmed Chablis was getting cold again due to my air-con. Something which I don't enjoy. Hence I stopped.
I'm surprised that the engine bay or the space inside a muffler wasnt considered for the Chablis warmup. It would have even tasted different - like the smoked Johnny Walker.

elf, you're slipping. Sign of advanced dementia.
Old 9th February 2007, 18:26   #10
elf
BANNED

If it ain't crotch warmed, it ain't Jack. No, not Daniels. Jack Chablis.
Old 9th February 2007, 18:43   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to team-BHP evo8. I can safely guess that elf and theMag have not contributed to your maturity.

Enjoy your stay here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks