Team-BHP - Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/21263-whats-best-way-transport-car-bike.html)

Hi Guys...!!!

Need some info on:

The best way of transporting a car ....across 3000kms(Delhi to Kerala)....By road, truck or train? which is the best possible option???

If anyone has 1st hand experience of it pls share it....

PS: Tanveer i think u got your Indica from Bangalore to Delhi ...Can u pls share your experience...

Regards
KP

drive it down buddy !! thats the best option ;)

otherwise gettin it into a car-trailer ( in which the manufactureres transport new cars ) is the best option, although it might costly. Dont even look at any other means IMHO

edit : which car is it ?? and if you decide to drive it down, do tell me.. am available as a driver :-D

Just drive it..

BTW which car do you want to transport ?

There was a similar thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...lp-my-car.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen_Power (Post 372195)
Just drive it..

BTW which car do you want to transport ?

Would love to drive all the way.......but not possible at the moment.....

Its a Zen....

Its a really long distance...although road is a good option..it aint the best for this distance.Try the Railways...bit complicated but its way better.

I would suggest a trailer. Get one that transports cars. It might cost you approx 20-25K at the max and i fu hire the entire trailer, itl be damn expensive. I agree with you that over such a long distance one should'nt get the car driven as there are always complications. Its safer by the truck. By the train, ull get into a lot of formalities. I dont know if the dstate and city ur transporting to has octroi, coz if it does, just off load ur car just outside the city limits and drive it in, hence saving you octroi charges on the spot.

I would suggest a trailer too. But make sure they load the car safe enough.

We've had a bad experience once with a Sumo getting lots of scratches. It was being sent from Delhi to Trivandrum. But a Zen in the same trailer came scratch proof. Later we found out it was due to some ropes etc they used to load the vehicle into the trailer. And a rope used to hold the vehicle on place also added the wounds.

Even my Alto was transported in a trailer to Pune from Chandigarh. It's the easiest method, I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 372270)
I would suggest a trailer too. But make sure they load the car safe enough.

We've had a bad experience once with a Sumo getting lots of scratches. It was being sent from Delhi to Trivandrum. But a Zen in the same trailer came scratch proof. Later we found out it was due to some ropes etc they used to load the vehicle into the trailer. And a rope used to hold the vehicle on place also added the wounds.

Any contact details about the trailer agency....also cost involved???

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 372270)
Even my Alto was transported in a trailer to Pune from Chandigarh. It's the easiest method, I guess.

Pune to Kerala????
Are u facing any prob in running out of state reg vehicle in Kerala?

I'll get you the details of the trailer agency. The alto was transported by AGARWAL packers and movers. The car was very nicely taken care of. Would suggest them for you too. A bit expensive though.

Pune to Kerala??
Ofcourse, by now I had taken possession of this li'l one and what else but drive? I did it thru the coastal roads of NH17.

Most of our transportations were preferred due to the fact that only then the costs would be bared by the company. In case of a drive, it wouldn't be.

I transported my Santro from Mumbai to Delhi and back in a trailer. They charged 4000 one way and they werent bad except for a few scratches on the way back. I got it done from Tirupati Balaji Movers and Packers which were the cheapest and allowed you to keep stuff like matresses in the car which makes it a lot easier if you are moving. Aggarwal Packers are supposed to be the best though they are a lot more expensive and dont allow anything inside the car.

How about flying it across ? Our M800 flew from Assam to Trivandrum.
Though a very fast mode, cost might be a deterrent here, I guess.

Flying the car down is no longer an option, becasue the only aircraft capable of carrying the 800's was the A-300 which is no longer in service by Indian. No other aircrafts on Indian routes are capable of carrying a car in its belly!!

what about the A 320.

why dont you ship it ?

I don't think its a good idea to drive the car, distance being too much. either by urself or by someone else.

One of my friend, last year, hired some company to drive his car from Delhi to Hyderabad. The driver hit somebody on road somewhere in Rajasthan. Since then, the car is confiscated ( is this what you call it?) by police and there are 2 cases going on in court, one between my collegue and the deceased man's family and the other between my collegue and the company he hired. Poor fellow has to go to Jaipur from Hyderabad every month to attend the hearings. Imagine, he lost his car so had to buy a new one. And all the expenditures.. air trevel plus leaves he had to take every month.

I know, this is one odd case and things like this don't happen very often.. but who knows.

I suggest you train-route.