Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2020, 09:03   #61
BHPian

Re: 4G connection quality of Airtel / Vodafone going down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
Nah.You have complete choice of the recharge that you want to do. They can't deny you the services if you're using a talktime only recharge. That's violation of net neutrality. Rest assured you will be able to use your smartphone with talktime recharge only.
Really? Then there is an issue atleast for me and some others. I'm able to keep SIM active only when I recharge with certain unlimited or combo plans, and normal talktime recharges don't work at all

Last edited by gusfring : 17th December 2020 at 09:04. Reason: Typo
Old 17th December 2020, 09:20   #62
Team-BHP Support

Vodafone network has gone bonkers lately. At work, my desk is located inside the building where there aren’t any windows or openings. Jio has complete coverage whereas Vodafone has like 1 or 2 bars on the network. Really sucks when I take a call and it drops. I’ve to walk to the nearest window to speak.

I’ll be porting to Jio once the latest bill is generated.
Old 17th December 2020, 09:40   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been moving around quite a bit over the past couple of months. Have been carrying an Airtel and a Jio hotspot to be able to work. Got in the habit of checking speeds at different spots and times. Few observations:

*At places where both services work, Airtel is always faster than Jio. BUT there are a few places, especially in small towns and remote places where Jio is the only one that works.
*Line of sight with the tower makes a HUGE difference. Have seen literally double the speed on the terrace as compared to inside a house on the ground floor.
*The density of active users also makes a big difference. Usually get much better speeds early morning and late evening. This was really obvious once when I worked from a small town for a couple of days where the majority of people used to just pass through during the daytime and it remained empty in the evenings.
Old 17th December 2020, 10:55   #64
Team-BHP Support

I was using Jio data for a while since lockdown on the phone, recently moved back to Airtel and surprisingly the connectivity seems to have improved a lot now in Bangalore. Maybe lockdown has helped take off excess load from the data network and has made it back to usable lol. Just checked 78 mbps speed was never seen by me on Airtle. Though upload was still at about 5 mbps.
Old 17th December 2020, 11:31   #65
Senior - BHPian

I am at hometown, which is not a city/town. There is no other house within 100-200M radius. My Broadband was down and had to use Airtel 4G. Surprisingly was getting 60-70MBps in a remote place, upload was quite low at 1-2MBps.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 18:04   #66
BHPian

Reviving this old thread.

Is anyone facing connectivity issues with Vodafone recently?

I hardly get connectivity at my place in Bangalore, since the last few weeks. Registered a complaint on their app and as usual no response.

Last edited by 115 : 6th January 2024 at 18:04. Reason: minor typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks