Team-BHP - Your Favourite Host? (television presenters)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Your Favourite Host? (television presenters) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/2154-your-favourite-host-television-presenters.html)

Its simple.. Vote for your Favourite "television presenter" as overall (the one who u love to watch the most), and list them below as per:
the - Review Skills, Driving Skills, Humor & Looks.
You can select also a host that i've not listed
(egs Damon Hill *Occassional at TG but still counts*
*Tom Ford the Fat Bloke from Fifth Gear and James May from TG* )

As Overall vote I went fair and square without even a blink of an eye - for - Tiff Needell

Now my list, as how I love to watch em'

Review Skills
Tiff Needell
Jason Plato
Richard Hammond
Jeremy Clarkson
Quentin Willson
Vicky Butler-Henderson

Driving Skills
Tiff Needell
Jason Plato
Vicky Butler-Henderson
Richard Hammond
Quentin Willson
Jeremy Clarkson

Humor
Jeremy Clarkson
Richard Hammond
Jason Plato
Quentin Willson
Tiff Needell
Vicky Butler-Henderson

Looks
Vicky Butler-Henderson
Jason Plato
Tiff Needell
Richard Hammond
Quentin Willson
Jeremy Clarkson

I dont know if this has been done before or not, but I havent seen it since a month so thought, lets try.
Chip in with your views ..

Tiff is a very good presenter and driver, but there's more to a presenter then just that. You need to get people interested in what your talking about and nobody does it better than Jeremy Clarkson.

His reviews are such that even a bloke who knows nothing about cars will find himself watching his videos. I've personally seen this happen.

Tiff is very informative, especially in the Mclaren and Enzo videos. I think Tiff would be a better person to judge a car, but Jeremy can still present a car in a better way.

Regards...
Shan2nu

#1. Jeremy Clarkson - Best overall
#2. Tiff Needell - With his racing background, he obviously has the best driving skills
#3. Quentin Wilson - Most polished of the lot
#4. Steve Berry - Mr. DUKATEH
#5. Michelle Newman - I don't know if you guys remember her

Jeremy all the way, though I prefer to watch Tiff ripping a car apart. After all, he is a chap who almost made to Formula 1 racing.

Butttttttttttttt when it comes to reviewing a car, offering unbiased opinions on it and making it fun (even for non-car people) there is no reviewer that comes even close to Jeremy Clarkson.

GTO

Jeremy Clarkson rocks...i love his humour and Vicky Butler-Henderson i just find her hot!!!

Tiff Needel really works for me. so much experience as a driver, no one really knows better to push a car to the limit. Clarkson used to be my favourite, but he's become monotonous now, the same old attitude has been around for years. i hate the way even Top Gear mag sees him as their USP. and he never has anything nice to say about any car. and everytime that he does try to drive a car really hard he ends up in a spin.

and next is of course, Vicki-Butler Henderson. man she is the ultimate fantasy.good driving skills too.
apart from all the essentials. a killer combo, dare i say.

Tiff is a class act, its all about the driving but i enjoy Jeremy's sarcasm and nasty comments, makes for interesting viewing, esp the one where he is with the lambo test driver. he will diss a car if its crap and commend it if it its good. No BS!!

caue i think jermey clarkson is the more popular one!!!!1

For me it has to be Tiff Needell. He has a great combo of presesntation and driving skills and the way he handles those cars. Jeremy is great too but his style has been the same over the years. I like him for his one liners and punchlines which are very entertaining.

Vicki has to be there on the list as well. Hottie chick, good presentation and she rips cars well too. I liked the wauy she ripped the 360 Stradalle in a 5th Gear episode.

The other guy I liked was Quentin Wilson for his very quiet and sober handling of the show. Michelle part of Top Gear long back , liked her for the same reasons as Vicki ... great chick, good know how of cars

Boy after taking these names cant wait for another season of Top Gear and I really wish they aired 5th Gear episodes too

the description said "your Favourite "television presenter" as overall"

so i voted Jeremy. I remember the first time ever that i watched top gear i was SHOCKED at the way he was just ripping a car apart on international tv!! because i wasnt familiar with his style of discussing all the bad stuff first and then reclaiming its reputation with the good stuff.
His lines are great, i wonder if most of them are his or he has some great scriptwriters!!....and true about him being so entertaining that totally non car people can watch it and enjoy!

-R

Compare JC to our own BBC wheels presenters...

Those guys NEVER have a bad thing to say about what they drive for fear of making the company angry, and not getting cars to test in the future. What a load of crap. And don't you love it when they say "now to test the ride quality" and then they take an E class onto dirt roads!!!! *** are they thinking???

for me it's very close b/w jeremy and tiff. at times though i believe jeremy is a wee bit slanted towards brit cars.....my 2 cents. watchin tiff do burnouts and slides is awesomw maann........cud watch it all day long.

Tiff and Jeremy, it was an awesome pair when they were together. Its great that they're apart now, coz that means we have very good shows on our hands, even though we dont get to watch 5th Gear here, but u can download most episodes from the P2P programs available, all over the place.
Anyway I voted for Tiff Needell, but its too close. Its like :
Jeremy can present a car better from outside, and Tiff can do better than anyone when he's on the HOT Seat. And thats the reason I picked him.
Though Jeremy is losing that spark now that he had when Tiff was still in TG. That old team of TG got the best out of him. QW, VBH and ofcourse "Michelle Newman" aditya pointed her out, dont know where she dissappeared.
Jeremy has started comparing supercars to Hampers and Food. I mean COME ON !??!
Seriously
Plus he has all this sarcastic comments for Tiff's Show. Like (Now moving from the Fifth Gear, to the Top Gear in 6speed GB manual cars) or 'Yes .. The 5th Gear is a bit slow..' etc etc with a smile and wicked eye towards the Camera.. I hate it when he does that. But still he remains my second favourite after Tiff. VBH and Richard Hammond are very good successors to both Tiff and Jeremy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Jeremy all the way, though I prefer to watch Tiff ripping a car apart. After all, he is a chap who almost made to Formula 1 racing.

He did make it to Formula 1 although only for 2 races in 1980 for the Ensign team - the Belgian GP at Zolder and the Moncao GP at Monte Carlo. Although he didn't qualify for the Monaco GP, he is still officially listed as a driver.

My list of favourite TV show presenters consist of
1. Jeremy Clarkson. (For TG)
2. Jeremy Clarkson (For Motorworld)
3. Jeremy Clarkson (for Inventions that changed the World).
And, I dunno if that is due to his scriptwriters, but his articles are great too. I have personally seen 2 people who werent interested in cars at all (my Dad and a friend) now regular watchers of TG just because of Jeremy and his punchlines. That guy is fantastic.