Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2019, 21:28   #1
BHPian

Disney marketing to kids through the Byju's app

Disney marketing to kids through the Byju's app-byjulearningapp.jpg

This topic has been on my mind ever since I watched the ad for Disney Byju's Early Learning app featuring Frozen 2. Seems like Disney had this brilliant marketing idea of tying up with Byju's for a learning app for kids where it can directly market it's products to kids in the guise of fun learning. Now the kids, definitely would be pestering their parents to take them to watch Disney movies and buy Disney merchandise with a new found enthusiasm!

This is nothing new. Companies have targeted kids in their marketing strategies for decades now, though it was mainly on television. Now as households ditch cable TVs in favour of going digital (link (Cutting the cord - Ditching Satellite TV)), so have the companies.

I am not an user of the Byju's Early Learning app nor do I have any kids. What do BHPians think of this strategy from Disney and other companies in general, trying to influence the kids? As parents, does this make your parenting difficult?
Old 1st December 2019, 19:55   #2
BANNED

Re: Disney marketing to kids through the Byju's app

None of the kids watch Disney cartoons.
They watch Japanese cartoons doremon and shinchan.

Parents need to watch out for the advertisers in Disney tv channels and on their YouTube one.
They promote adult content.
Example the Cadbury ad is adult themed. Yet they and the advertising board have the gall to show it on kids cartoon shows.
It’s the insidious things to watch out for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks