Team-BHP - Buying from AliExpress
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Buying from AliExpress (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/216733-buying-aliexpress-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawhat (Post 4749589)
Apparently the virus can be lethal for up to 9 days. So a late arriving package is actually good for the time being.

I had placed an order for Inter cooler pipes in December '19 and due to some custom issues, it went back to the supplier and when I raised a dispute it was shipped out again 2 weeks back and yesterday I got it delivered to my office address.

I have bought lots of small stuff from Ali and they usually come packed well though they take time to deliver. I was about to order something last week but put it off due to the Corona reason.
Yes, the credit cards don't ask for pin when used in foreign based sites, only few retailers abroad use this verification.

I have ordered a small item from AliExpress. Will be shipped through Aliexpress standard shipping. I wanted to know if they are shipping the orders on time or should I prepare myself for a long wait?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4761496)
I have ordered a small item from AliExpress. Will be shipped through Aliexpress standard shipping. I wanted to know if they are shipping the orders on time or should I prepare myself for a long wait?

Thanks.

I ordered an item just before outbreak. It didn't ship for at least two weeks. I mailed them asking them to cancel the order but that did not work and one fine day it was shipped. The item reached my home in record time (approx 5 days) and the item didn't even spend a whole day at the customs. Probably they didn't even touch it.

I stashed the item away without opening, and am yet to figure out what to do with it. I know am being paranoid, but I have watched too many shows like Dr House.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 4761506)
I ordered an item just before outbreak. It didn't ship for at least two weeks. I mailed them asking them to cancel the order but that did not work and one fine day it was shipped. The item reached my home in record time (approx 5 days) and the item didn't even spend a whole day at the customs. Probably they didn't even touch it.

I think I will have to wait considering the outbreak is at the peak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 4761506)
I stashed the item away without opening, and am yet to figure out what to do with it. I know am being paranoid, but I have watched too many shows like Dr House.

Actually I am not worried on that front. WHO has certified that it is safe to accept parcels from China. Max livable period of the virus is 9 days- so after that it should be totally safe.:)

Regards,
Saket

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4761496)
should I prepare myself for a long wait?

I had placed an order for a couple of stickers on 20/02/2020.
Even the though the shipment was ready for pickup by the 21st, it was only picked up on the 27th.

The last update is on the 28th, stating departed country of origin.
Let's see when does it finally make it here.

Attaching a screenshot for your reference.

Buying from AliExpress-aliexpress-screenshot.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverKill (Post 4762092)
I had placed an order for a couple of stickers on 20/02/2020.
Even the though the shipment was ready for pickup by the 21st, it was only picked up on the 27th.
The last update is on the 28th, stating departed country of origin.

Thank you for sharing this information. The status of my order is 'shipped' since today morning. They have provided a tracking number but it is not traceable on the carrier's website. So, either it is not actually picked up or probably is not updated. It is a small package- a watch strap.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4761515)
I think I will have to wait considering the outbreak is at the peak.

I placed three orders in the month of Feb alone. First order was on 12th Feb and the others on 23rd Feb. I already received the order placed on 12th Feb even though in the past such orders have taken me more than 2 months.
Order was received on March 2nd so that took just 20 days!

Here's a timeline-

Buying from AliExpress-snip.jpg

EDIT-It looks like Customs aren't opening packets like before as there was zero customs delay

lol:Hahaha... They are hell scared themselves. I think this might be the best time to order whatever we want

^^ Thank you so much. My order has been shipped and it has been picked up by the logistic partner. So, looks like its business as usual for them. Taking cues from the replies here and my own recent experience, I have placed another order today :D

Hope to receive the items soon. Will update.

Regards,
Saket

Query on my friend's behalf:

He placed an order on aliexpress today and paid through debit card. Money was deducted but the order status is saying 'closed'. On clicking details, it says that the order was closed due to security concerns relating to the account. The money has been deducted as stated. There doesn't seem to be any customer support which can help immediately. Anyone had a similar experience- how was it solved and how soon?

Thanks.

I ended up placing another order yesterday encouraged by the fast delivery times. The seller shipped it in a record 6 hours after I placed the order! Will update as when I receive it and if any customs was paid as this is relatively high value order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4762830)
He placed an order on aliexpress today and paid through debit card. Money was deducted but the order status is saying 'closed'. On clicking details, it says that the order was closed due to security concerns relating to the account. The money has been deducted as stated. There doesn't seem to be any customer support which can help immediately. Anyone had a similar experience- how was it solved and how soon?

This will happen if there is usage of coupon in the order and there is a reason to believe that it is used by same person by creating multiple accounts for coupons. I guess, he should have used a card which was already used in another aliexpress account + coupon. The amount will get refunded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimalan (Post 4764884)
This will happen if there is usage of coupon in the order and there is a reason to believe that it is used by same person by creating multiple accounts for coupons. I guess, he should have used a card which was already used in another aliexpress account + coupon. The amount will get refunded.

Oh ok! Yes, that was the case. He did use a coupon. Thanks for this information. That was helpful.

Regards,
Saket

I had an outstanding experience shopping on AliExpress. I have not paid customs duty for my purchases till now. However, my luck ran out recently when I bought a wireless charger. The postman came with a demand of 2,000+ as duty for an item that did not cost that much. I asked him to send it back.

The seller saw that the status showed that the item was not delivered, and asked me to contact the post office. I told them about what had happened. They told that the item would be returned, and offered a refund after deducting the shipping charges. I don't think the item would be shipped back (based on what the postman told me), so I declined the offer and raised a refund request for half the amount paid. The offer was accepted by the seller, and I received the refund after a few days.