Team-BHP - Buying from AliExpress
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Buying from AliExpress (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/216733-buying-aliexpress-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4853746)
Bought this HDMI to USB capture device for $9.

This thing's going for 4000 + delivery on Amazon India.

I bought this PCIe to M.2/NVMe adapter and got it in about 20 days: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/M-2-...098405257.html

These are very hard to find in India and one that I found was over 3000 (now no longer in stock).

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrman (Post 4812828)
Same here. I have 6 packages stuck, which I had ordered in march. Didn't know we will also go into a lockdown. In some cases, the seller has extended buyer protection for 30-60 days. Ive not asked for refund yet, as the prices are not too high and the goods may arrive anytime after flights resume. Don't want to keep something which I have not paid for.

So I got 5 out of the 6 products I placed. One product- Lenovo USB-C laptop charger vanished into oblivion. I had to raise a dispute and ask for a refund. Got it.

Aside, any recent experiences from Aliexpress?
I came to know some sellers now use Special Line- YW shipping, which is routed through Malaysia and then sent to India. Most other methods of shipping are suspended to India or prohibitively priced.

Has anyone bought the miniPCs on aliexpress ? Have a couple of unused monitors that I want to connect to and run different applications for music, video, camera etc.

See that the prices are good even with fan and are small sized too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrman (Post 4885880)
So I got 5 out of the 6 products I placed. One product- Lenovo USB-C laptop charger vanished into oblivion. I had to raise a dispute and ask for a refund. Got it.

I've had one or two packages arrive after 90 days! Mostly India Post is to blame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrman (Post 4885880)
Aside, any recent experiences from Aliexpress?

I've been ordering throughout the last 6 months and have been receiving stuff pretty fast... about 25 days for the last 2 packages!

I ordered Mi Band 5 after waiting for it to launch in India. Right after I ordered, there are rumors of it launching here on the 29th! The first seller asked me to cancel and I reordered from another seller who shipped it same day. It is using SF eXpress with a full form of Shunfeng. Apparently it is one of the biggest courier companies in China. They have twice weekly flights of cargo 747s to Delhi from Hong Kong. So after a week of no updates it now shows that the item has arrived in India at an overseas distribution center. I assume it means it has already cleared customs unless it means the customs facility? Nothing has happened for about 3 days after that. India Post doesn’t show any info nor can I find out which courier partner will deliver it. Has anyone received anything via SF Express?

AliExpress should have the slogan: "Browse it, Buy it, Forget it"!
It takes forever to deliver most of the items, it's really frustrating. But you get the items for cheap. Other option is Paytm Mall where you can find some items for lesser price than Amazon/Flipkart. In my opinion, it's best to use AliExpress for shopping non electronic items as most of them are available here and not much difference in price. No point in waiting for months.

Hello AliExpress Shoppers :

My Xiaomi Airdots were Ordered on 2019-09-25 & were received in a week. Totally happy with Airdots, as they don't fall while running. Last week dropped the case, ' L' flew out & is not working.

Gave it to Mi India service center saying it's a gift, without bill. They checked it & are ready for full new replacement, if I provide them any India within warranty bill. Mi India service center also could not differentiate Airdots S which is all they sell & my previous generation Airdots.

I messaged my AliExpress seller who provides two year warranty, but item has to shipped back to him in China.

Local courier charging ₹2000 for shipping 100 grms (New IndiaAirdots cost ₹1800). India Post may charge around ₹500, but do not accept electronic & also scan before loading.

Will appreciate any advice on what I should do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritz3645 (Post 4897830)

Will appreciate any advice on what I should do.

The morally/legally correct way : pay for a new pair (as shipping to China practically is the same or more).

The jugaad way : search for a contact via friends and family on someone who has airdots and a bill which you can leverage (mutual understanding between you and the owner required of course).

[
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 4897857)
)

Morally/legally correct way has jugaad built-in

With Mi airdots in India I get six month India warranty. In warranty period I get my damaged piece replaced from Mi India Service center. Now I have two pair of Airdots.

Problem : Two pair of airdots is the problem. People around me will prefer any gift of their choice, than free new airdots. So was thinking of shipping back & accept it as cost of refreshing whole set.

Let's see, still undecided.

Today there is auto ₹228 discount at AliExpress. I wanted Mi Airdots S, but ordered Xiaomi Air2 SE. Only issue was lack of white case cover. Seller's shipping to India are in a minority now.

I will not have made a China order, but did as every wireless headphones is made there.

[quote=ninjatalli;4897857] : Thanks a million for guidance on going the ethical way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobogris (Post 4895537)
I ordered Mi Band 5 after waiting for it to launch in India. Right after I ordered, there are rumors of it launching here on the 29th! The first seller asked me to cancel and I reordered from another seller who shipped it same day. It is using SF eXpress with a full form of Shunfeng. Apparently it is one of the biggest courier companies in China. They have twice weekly flights of cargo 747s to Delhi from Hong Kong. So after a week of no updates it now shows that the item has arrived in India at an overseas distribution center. I assume it means it has already cleared customs unless it means the customs facility? Nothing has happened for about 3 days after that. India Post doesn’t show any info nor can I find out which courier partner will deliver it. Has anyone received anything via SF Express?

Received my Mi Band 5 after about 40 days. SF Express uses India Post for local delivery. No customs duty was charged. It took around 15 days to clear customs vs. the 2 to 4 days it used to take earlier.

Just read sad news about Govt’s decision to ban AliExpress. It’s unfortunate for end users as same items will continue to sell on places like Amazon for ridiculous prices.
Are there any alternatives to AliExpress ? There is one site banggood that I can think of. Any others? Guess it’s time for a VPN for real !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambodara (Post 4938998)
...Guess it’s time for a VPN for real !!

A VPN may help you browse and order, but what about Customs creating trouble?

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPS_Guru (Post 4939042)
A VPN may help you browse and order, but what about Customs creating trouble?

There’s no way customs department would know if a shipment has come from AliExpress website as the sender’s address or the package has no mention of it. But if they decide to stop processing of all shipments originating from China, then we’ll have a problem.