Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2007, 19:16   #1
BHPian

how does one buy on ebay?

I wanted to purchase the IR remote that is selling for 90 cents (an additional 11 USD for shipping).
Tht’s what we call 2 rupees ki murgi, 20 rupees ka masala.

Anyhows, So I register on eBay, giving my email id and name and address and all that. Go to the email inbox, see eBay’s mail, click on the verify a/c button. Confirm that the a/c is verified.

I go to the item, bid. I am asked to confirm my bid by re-entering the password. On doing that, a page opens, which says verify credit card details (or some such). On clicking that link, nothing happens- I get another error message- not allowed etc etc.

I go to myebay, and there is no mention of me having bid anything.

I write to e-bay. Their customer centre replies that I shud go to site map and under seller, click on place credit card on file and enter details. I click on that link, and again the error message.

So I write again. This time I am told to get some sms verification. I do that- enter the required codes etc. On bidding again, the whole process follows!!!!!!!!!!!

An email to the seller asking if theres another way to pay (directly thru paypal) doesn’t evoke any response. And other remotes on BH etc are branded stuff with prices starting at 30USD.

How do you guys purchase from ebay? Not sure if their customer care can help me anymore? Any tips/ suggestions?

Cheers
Ajay
Old 27th February 2007, 21:36   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I'm having similar credit card verification issues for the past two days on ebay. i have a verified paypal account and have already purchased goods from ebay but now this. :(
Old 6th March 2007, 19:44   #3
BHPian

Hey AZA, I figured out my problem. I was doing it from my office laptop with all its aresnal of cookie blockers and what not. From my antiquated home comp, it was a breeze.

cheers
Ajay
Old 6th March 2007, 20:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Some Mastercard users have been reporting similar issues. Are you guys using Mastercard? Mastercard has made some changes in the verification system over the last month. They've asked all payment gateways to make some changes to comply. The payment gateway I use for my websites has stopped taking Mastercard since the last 2-3 weeks, pending the completion of the changes. This could be one reason for your transactions not getting through.

Last edited by hydrashok : 6th March 2007 at 20:39.
Old 6th March 2007, 21:17   #5
BHPian

are you buying from ebay.in or ebay.com ?

It looks like .com and I was not aware we can buy from US site where we can pay in dollars.
Old 6th March 2007, 21:50   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

navdeep : make an account on paypal.com for online transactions.
Old 7th March 2007, 23:03   #7
BHPian

Yup it was mastercard. And it was from a HK based seller. I payed via pay-pal. And even if u dont use paypal, u can use ur india cc for international sites as long as u have an international cc. But keep in mind RBI regulations and stuff like that

Cheers
Ajay
Old 29th December 2007, 11:29   #8
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I recently opened account on paypal.com for purchasing items on ebay.co.uk.
I had entered my credit card details, now this page is coming which says, it will charge 1.95$ and will pay back it in paypal a/c.
See Image here
Is it safe to do that ???
And in case, if i dont do it, can i use paypal for payment ???
Please suggest.
Old 30th December 2007, 17:06   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi Guys,
I recently opened account on paypal.com for purchasing items on ebay.co.uk.
I had entered my credit card details, now this page is coming which says, it will charge 1.95$ and will pay back it in paypal a/c.
See Image here
Is it safe to do that ???
And in case, if i dont do it, can i use paypal for payment ???
Please suggest.
Yes it's safe, they will charge you $1.95 on your CC after that you've to enter 4 digit code that paypal will give you, you can see that code on your statement it will be like(ExposeXXXX) after you've successfully verified your account now you can send unlimited money , if you don't do that you'll not send more than $50-100 .

PS- How to verify Shipping Address ?

Last edited by unknown : 30th December 2007 at 17:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks