Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2020, 00:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Covid-19: Make a donation to feed the daily wage worker

@Mods - since a lot of people have expressed anguish and worry at the fate of daily-wage and lower income groups, could you please share these links to donate as a sticky maybe?

https://www.fueladream.com/home/campaign/21255

https://www.feedingindia.org/donate

Not affiliated with either, just used both to donate. Every little bit helps.
v1p3r is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 08:12   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Covid-19: Make a donation to feed the daily wage worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
@Mods - since a lot of people have expressed anguish and worry at the fate of daily-wage and lower income groups, could you please share these links to donate as a sticky maybe?
Thanks for sharing, v1p3r! Moving your post to a new thread. We had also added it to our news section & homepage yesterday - link.

Covid-19: Make a donation to feed the daily wage worker-annotation-20200327-081031.png
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 10:55   #3
BHPian

Helping the daily wagers as much as I can. Painful to see their plight and heart goes out for them. Wish the government and authorities were a little more sensitive and considerate towards them. While the lockdown is the need of the hour and I absolutely support it, the implementation should have been more organized.

Just fail to understand how the government didn't see it coming. Announcing relief package on the very first day and assuring this section of the society who is prone to suffer the most in these times would have prevented the chaos and agony they have to endure.

I appeal to everyone to please contribute as much as you can and help them in this testing time .
Col Mehta is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 11:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
[B
Not affiliated with either, just used both to donate. Every little bit helps.
Thank you for starting the thread. I had donated to feeding India a few days ago. I think what holds many of us back is not knowing about the genuineness of the organisation and not knowing if ultimately the people who are entitled to the benefits are receiving them. By sharing details of organisations we know do a great job we can help those looking to donate and those looking for donations.
Tjax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 18:43   #5
sgm
BHPian

I have received this from a very reliable source where many of us contribute towards people's medical emergencies. I am not connected to Dream India Network though.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19: Make a donation to feed the daily wage worker-img20200327wa0009.jpg  

sgm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 23:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Received this from a group I trust. It's a document where all the separate organisations have been collated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tn4...TD6Df3lI1/view

Please give generously
v1p3r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 23:45   #7
Team-BHP Support

I have contributed to

www.feedingindia.org

www.hasirudala.in which target vulnerable waste collectors and sanitation workers

www.safaindia.org

I am trying to focus on NGO's as opposed to official ministerial crisis funds as distribution is more efficient. Am looking out for more organisations which strike the right chord with me.

Last edited by ajmat : 30th March 2020 at 22:09.
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 00:37   #8
Team-BHP Support

For people understandably skeptical of donating to faceless organizations, consider helping out the needy in your local communities.

My apartment's RWA committee identified daily wage laborers and other needy in the vicinity, put together ration bags (rice, flour, pulses, cooking oil, sugar & salt) and handed them to the people directly over the weekend.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 08:59   #9
BHPian

All the normal NGO's in the current situation are not able to feed the needy. So when you donate please consider their accessibility and efficiency too. I am working with some other volunteers to feed the needy in Hyderabad. Now we are feeding up to 1200 people every day. Police is with in distributing the food. But the scale is so much. we are in touch with all the heavy weight NGO's, but because of lockdown they are also having their own limitation. So we are in touch with Municipal Administration to see that how we can sustain this effort for long time. So my recommendation is to see who is the NGO that can work directly with the state Govt to feed the needy .. And more than this, please pay your daily worker in full or in advance, that is the best help you can do at this point of time
anumod is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 09:44   #10
BHPian

Also important is how we engage with the maids/servants employed at home. There are plenty of residents who have temporarily stopped their service and sent them home etc. There are also lot of people who deduct/cut their wages.

We need to realise that these workers too should be paid their usual/full wages during this period. In fact, we are supposed to do so, even as we go away on vacations, trips, and so on. It is always important to reassure the workers working in the informal and unorganized sectors.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 09:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Donating to organizations near home whom you know well is better. I am not doubting the pan national organizations. But, I know one where the RWA in one of big apartments is conducting food preparation and donation everyday by also involving the police. I donate to them.

Please make sure your donation goes to the needy as fast as possible. Some big relief funds including that of govt will have no plan on actual usage (not unusual for our country).
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 10:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
www.hasirudara.in which target vulnerable waste collectors and sanitation workers
A typo there: www.hasirudala.in

I have also contributed to this organisation. Moreover, the police in our area are coordinating food supplies in the nearby localities. Few people in our colony are working with them for procurement of food and reaching out to these people. Most of us are also contributing towards this effort. Agree with the sentiment to pay your domestic help in full and in advance. That's the least we could do.
pnredkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 21:17   #13
RGK
Senior - BHPian

We at our office go for a T break regularly to a nearby shop. Tea masters (daily wage workers) always offer high-quality chaai for us. We have pooled a small amount of money and planned to give to the daily wage workers in the shop.
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 12:01   #14
BHPian

Is there any reliable NGOs working for feeding homeless people in and around Pune? I would like to contribute.
Old 31st March 2020, 14:06   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here is another excellent organisation from Bombay, that my cousin is affiliated with. Same group that organises the Blind Man Car Rally.

Covid-19: Make a donation to feed the daily wage worker-whatsapp-image-20200330-19.00.21.jpeg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks