Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2020, 00:50   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
I can understand how risky it would be to transport the migrant labours by Air Force planes. That eventually would mean exposing our Air assets to CORONA, imagine a situation if anyone of any air base gets infected with COVID 19 while transporting the migrant labours, can we run the risk of isolating the whole air base??? Think about it. It's a bigger issue than thinking about only your maid.
IAF aircraft was also involved in evacuation of Indians from Wuhan along with Air India. This shows your premise is wrong
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 01:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Armed Forces salute the corona warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Do not feel in the least bit embarassed by churlish opinions
I have gone through all posts in this thread and did not notice any churlish opinions (may be 1) or personal attacks . There was one place where word "condemnable" was used by a member, but that was reply to a specific comment.

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th May 2020 at 01:08.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 04:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
You have the right to condemn my point of view. I just replied to a point where it was stated that migrant labours could...
"Our government" - is actually made up of a bunch of people. They've proven time and again that most of them work in their own selfish interests. This is the reason that the public rightly holds them in complete contempt. We all admit that there are exceptions - brilliant, dedicated and selfless people who have ploughed through the system and made far reaching changes - which only proves the rule.

Let's also admit that "saluting the corona warriors" is the outcome of the collective diseased thought process of this bunch of people who are completely disconnected from the general public. What do they expect, that the long suffering public will suddenly see them as full of compassion for the doctors, nurses and medical staff? It would be much better if tangible assistance in the form of equipment and human resources were provided to them.

Coming to airlifting our poverty stricken people back to their homes, I see no reason to deny them the same privilege accorded to the upper and middle class, even when we know that these classes were/are responsible for spreading the virus with the tacit consent of the government. Something you cannot accuse a class of people who have never been abroad and are actually victims of the classes the government wants to lovingly airlift, whether carrying the virus or not.
Until we have people in the government who put the welfare of the citizens above their self serving interests, we can never have a just and fair society as envisioned by our Constitution.
mvadg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 07:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

I feel the the government could have allowed 3-4 days to pass after announcing the lockdown, to ensure the repatriation of migrant workers, and then started the enforcement. This could have solved the problem in the beginning itself, when there were less than 600 cases in the country. But the fact is the almost all governments of large countries (with sizeable population and economic assets) are currently struggling to plan short and long term measures. Let us not look at examples like Hong Kong, Taiwan or Sweden etc.
Old 6th May 2020, 07:56   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: This discussion has run its course. Closing thread.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks