Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Will you visit a restaurant right now?
Yes 44 13.97%
No 271 86.03%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2020, 23:41   #46
BHPian

Re: Restaurants to reopen from today. Guidelines? Best Practices?

It will take almost an year for eateries to reach pre lockdown volumes provided a vaccine comes out. I haven't even ordered home delivery forget going out to eat. And this is true for more than 90% people in my vicinity.
Old 12th June 2020, 05:02   #47
BHPian

As a restaurateur, it is slightly disheartening and demotivating but times are getting better.

The good thing we notice is that most owners are now taking onus for health and safety which was lacking before. They are using cleaning stations for staff the right way and taking care of their customers properly.

Since we operate an open kitchen american-diner concept(shakeshack-esque) it is a lot easier for us because people can see their food being cooked and served which instills a lot of confidence. Even pre-covid we used to sanitise our kitchens multiple times which is paying off a lot now since our regulars know the quality and care we provide and appreciate it.

Business is getting better, albeit 1/4th of what it was. My hopes are it will get back to normal numbers around november-december and people with more info in their hand will get used to the 'new normal'.

But I sincerely hope, restaurant owners will use this as an opportunity to improve the terrible hygiene issues they overlooked at one time.

Restaurants to reopen from today. Guidelines? Best Practices?-img_5344.jpg

That's me in the white shirt with our 'branded' masks on the frontline.
devilwearsprada is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 06:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Have been ordering food right through the lockdown either through Swiggy or restaurants that have home delivery.

However it would be long before I venture out to a restaurant as I feel risk levels are higher.

The main reason that I eat out is the food - not the ambience, need to go out or a change of scene. And as food is coming home, visiting restaurants becomes redundant.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 12th June 2020 at 11:55. Reason: Typos
Old 12th June 2020, 10:36   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
How do you sanitize the boxes? Sanitiser, diluted dettol solution or something else?
Mostly Sanitizer (I have purchased a container of it from supermarket - read "NOT HOARDED", bought it last month and it was available in plenty), diluted bleach soaked cloth or dettol disinfectant spray.
amods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 10:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
As a restaurateur, it is slightly disheartening and demotivating but times are getting better.
Good luck buddy! Will definitely make it a point to drop by next time I'm in GGN and grab a shake - I see a lot that interests me.
v1p3r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 12:19   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

But I sincerely hope, restaurant owners will use this as an opportunity to improve the terrible hygiene issues they overlooked at one time.
I feel for you but things I hope will only get better. I will definitely love to visit your SHACK and grab a quick bite, the place looks neat. I certainly hope the sheer paranoia subsides in the coming weeks and people start to adopt to the new normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Good luck buddy! Will definitely make it a point to drop by next time I'm in GGN and grab a shake - I see a lot that interests me.
Plus 1 to that
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 15:08   #52
BHPian

I think its still very risky to go to a restaurant right now or for that matter to any place where general public visit, now that the covid-19 cases are rising phenomenally. The biggest threat are the asymptomatic cases who can land up anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
How do you sanitize the boxes? Sanitiser, diluted dettol solution or something else?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I bought these surface sanitizing wipes named Wiclenz from Shell Bunk. They cost 399/- for 80 wipes. I use them to wipe my car internals like the steering wheel, gear knob and other things where we normally touch. I think you can use them to sanitize boxes too. It is manufactured by Baroda Pharmaceutical Industries. Hope this helps you.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2020 at 18:48. Reason: Mod note attached.
Pkumarblore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 16:09   #53
KGS
BHPian

In my area the day McD opened, there was a huge traffic jam and the traffic police had to manage the long queues. Only take away / drive through option was open with no breakfast options or Shakes, still people jumped at the first opportunity as crazy.
Personally, I have avoided ordering or eating outside food since Feb end.

However, I have some close friends who are avid foodies and love to cook, so we shared the delicacies prepared at home.

For restaurants, I am still not comfortable visiting. May be in a couple of months when things start to settle I will visit a restaurant, but for now, my vote is for no.
Old 12th June 2020, 16:35   #54
BANNED

Quote:
As a restaurateur, it is slightly disheartening and demotivating but times are getting better....

Do you have a branch in Mumbai or Pune? If yes, I will visit this weekend. If not, once interstate travel eases a bit more, I will ride to NCR to give you some business. God knows that I need a ride, and I am sure that you can use the business.

By the way, congratulations on sounding so positive and constructive. You are a bigger man than me. Keep your head up.

Cheers
Old 12th June 2020, 17:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Hi @devilwearsprada - I would definitely love to give a visit for a quick grab. Menu has a lot of things which interests me, can you please share name & location of the restaurant.
Old 12th June 2020, 18:11   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Do you have a branch in Mumbai or Pune?

By the way, congratulations on sounding so positive and constructive. You are a bigger man than me. Keep your head up.
Haha, not yet sir but maybe one day in the new few years. If we all come together with positivity, consumer confidence and safety increases. God bless us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Hi @devilwearsprada - I would definitely love to give a visit for a quick grab. Menu has a lot of things which interests me, can you please share name & location of the restaurant.
Hey Karan, this is at Nirvana Courtyard. Its called “BobsXSocal”. Do come by anytime mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post

Plus 1 to that
See you soon then, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Sounds great, lets catch up over coffee and turbos whenever you are here!
devilwearsprada is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 20:30   #57
BHPian

We ended up eating at a McDonald’s today. We had gone to a mall but the restaurants and food court there were not open. A smaller mall next door had an open McDonald’s. Although we normally avoid fast food, today we had no other option apart from going hungry. There were a few other customers. We felt quite safe as hands were sanitised at entrance and the employees were thoroughly sanitising each table and the floor. I have no worry about eating out as long as the place is large or not too crowded. I think now is the best time to eat out as everyone is implementing safety measures and taking precautions. After a few weeks people will get lax and it will be back to usual lack of hygiene.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 17:53   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Enjoyed the snack, but really sad to see everything disposable. Laminated paper boxes, plastic packets for chutney, plastic spoons, cups.

So we'll just have an even bigger plastic waste problem down the line. Great.
Some good news:

https://theprint.in/health/todays-pp...-surge/478760/

"Today’s PPE kits could be tomorrow’s roads, fuel — CSIR’s plan to tackle Covid plastic surge"

Most Viewed