Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2020, 18:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Advice on payment gateways

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Jugaad which is working well for me: I have opened a Google Pay for Business to which I have linked my current account. Currently there are zero charges charged by Google. If anyone scans or sends by UPI, it is instantly in my bank account. Only catch is that it is currently restricted to 10 lacs every month (more than enough for me, but unsure of your use case).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks Avdhesh, I could setup the account in less than 10 minutes. Logged in to the google account using same credentials that we have for our google business listings and the account was setup immediately. One needs a clear copy of PAN and rest everything is automated. Google does a test transfer of Rs 1 to your account and if everything matches you are done. I tried a test with Rs 100 and it was credited in full.
Thanks avdhesh15 & Turbanator for this.

1. Does Gpay for business works only with current account or can i set it up for the time being with SB account also?

2. Will they allow generation of payment link which can be shared with the customers or only scan option?

KK
Old 9th July 2020, 18:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
1. Does Gpay for business works only with current account or can i set it up for the time being with SB account also?

2. Will they allow generation of payment link which can be shared with the customers or only scan option?
You can try, I think it will work with SB. Is your business listed with google? I found it easier in case it is.

You get a UPI address which is your Mobile number followed by @okbizaxis. You can also share the QR code via WhatsApp or a similar way with customers. I don't think a separate transaction link can be generated for an amount., though I am maybe mistaken.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 09:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don't think a separate transaction link can be generated for an amount., though I am maybe mistaken.
Partially true however Google Pay like all other UPI based apps does give an option to request desired amount of funds from other party which is not exactly like payment link but does appear in other person's app as a specific request from the seller and needs to be approved.

However if there is a dedicated payment link functionality then i am not aware of it too. This is what i could locate on web - Create Payment Requests

Hope this helps.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 11:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Should not be an issue. Lots of individual professionals don't use current accounts but their personal savings accounts for transactions (e.g. freelance consultants).

Quote:
No individual links - only QR code scanning and UPI handle. If you want payment links, you will have to go to Razor Pay etc. I have setup customized payment links on RP for different category of customers with no issues. The backend is very simple and straight forward. Just that the charge is 2.36%.
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 12:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Should not be an issue. Lots of individual professionals don't use current accounts but their personal savings accounts for transactions (e.g. freelance consultants).

No individual links - only QR code scanning and UPI handle. If you want payment links, you will have to go to Razor Pay etc. I have setup customized payment links on RP for different category of customers with no issues. The backend is very simple and straight forward. Just that the charge is 2.36%.
Thanks. By the way, the 0.36 is the GST and you can you input tax credit of that if you are GST registered.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 15:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. By the way, the 0.36 is the GST and you can you input tax credit of that if you are GST registered.

KK
Yes. I expense 2.36 because mine is a GST free product
Old 11th July 2020, 01:12   #22
Team-BHP Support

It's been years since I last did a comparison. Have been using ccAvenue all along, so will just add a few points on them:

1) They seem to have the highest number of accepted cards / banks / payment methods. So if reach is important to your online business, this is worth considering.
2) Their checkout process isn't as slick as some of the competing gateways, and this is a concern as every fraction of a % matters when it comes to conversions.
3) Support is slow to resolve issues.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 14:55   #23

From a buyer perspective, i stick to only gpay, amazonpay or paypal if not using credit card. This is only because of their amazing dispute resolution.
From a seller perspective, payu is the only gateway i have used. Their service charge is flat 2% and have no opening or renewal charges.
PayU is pretty easy to setup and we haven't faced any transaction failures till now.
Cannot comment on their dispute resolution as we haven't faced a need for dispute resolution in our use.
AkhilR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 18:48   #24

We have using Razorpay in our app for around One & half years. We are satisfied with the whole process. Most of the users are familiar with Razorpay interface so that helps in building trust during the whole transaction.
We never had a disputed transaction so can't comment on that.
I am in no way associated with Razorpay I am just a satisfied customer.
EVMAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 19:26   #25
BHPian

Noticed some posts that say there can't be a payment link with UPI. That's not true. I have used UPI extensively with links and QR codes. Please note:

1. A QR code is simply a graphical representation of the payment link itself. I create invoices where the QR code itself is clickable on the soft copy of invoice pdf and of course when you are viewing the invoice PDF on a mobile. Same QR code is scannable.

2. QR codes can be static - where the payer has to enter amount and message etc. or dynamic such as in my invoice example above the amount and message are pre-filled. I use the message part for identifying the payer when the the transaction comes to my bank statement.

Only issue sometimes is that some banks are nasty and mess up with the message contents that reaches your statement of account. You can talk with them if that happens as the rules require them to retain the notes. But majority of the well behaved banks do retain the notes.

UPI is the most cost effective method and has put pressure on all sorts of intermediary driven mechanisms like cards and gateways. Probably that's why it's not publicized much about.
mayuresh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 11:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Noticed some posts that say there can't be a payment link with UPI. That's not true. I have used UPI extensively with links and QR codes. Please note:

1. A QR code is simply a graphical representation of the payment link itself. I create invoices where the QR code itself is clickable on the soft copy of invoice pdf and of course when you are viewing the invoice PDF on a mobile. Same QR code is scannable.

2. QR codes can be static - where the payer has to enter amount and message etc. or dynamic such as in my invoice example above the amount and message are pre-filled. I use the message part for identifying the payer when the the transaction comes to my bank statement.
Thanks mayuresh, this info helps.

Can you guide how to generate a generic payment link where the customer has to input the amount and also the specific payment links which the vendor can pre input the amount and share with the customer.

KK
Old 28th July 2020, 19:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So here i am requesting BHPians to post their experiences in using the payment gateway, from the seller point of view and what are the critical things to consider while choosing the right payment gateway and easy to miss conditions/issues.
Apologies for the late reply.

Served as CTO for PayU in a past life. Some great advice in this thread already.

Happy to get onto a call some time and elaborate on specifics. Please feel free to DM should the need still exist.
Old 28th July 2020, 19:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mayuresh, this info helps.

Can you guide how to generate a generic payment link where the customer has to input the amount and also the specific payment links which the vendor can pre input the amount and share with the customer.

KK
Had PM'ed you the details. Feel free to get back if you have further questions.
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 20:11   #29
Team-BHP Support

Any of you using Samsung Pay? Would like to know your experience.
Old 28th July 2020, 20:12   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Had PM'ed you the details. Feel free to get back if you have further questions.
Best will be to post here as well for benefits of other readers unless there is something confidential.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks