Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2021, 07:17   #76
BHPian

Re: Amazon has a big counterfeit goods problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
After a couple of disappointing experiences with mail order purchases i have come to the conclusion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepug View Post
Had an interesting experience with Amazon to share...

Fed up with the response send a mail to Jeff Bezos...
Lesson : there should be an army of people monitoring the
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
Even if they deny the return, keep writing them emails, with a written obtained from the service centre about yours being a fake one, even a screenshot of your Mac failing to recognise the drive in the attachments and also keep the Head of Amazon India or National Consumer Forum’s email in the CC.

Consumers are very powerful these days.
We are drawing the wrong conclusion here. I've been through a different experience with Amazon dot com. They refunded my money for something they did not have on stock (a Diwali gift, disappointingly enough), but refused to refund the foreign exchange transaction charges. I got "rubbish people" from an Indian call center sending me template responses for months ! Currently we are in the honeymoon period with these e-commerce sites and their employees have been instructed to "be nice to customers". The real failure lies with our government for failing to protect their citizens adequately, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. We are at fault too for not taking this up seriously with the government bodies. And as with everything else we will paying heavily for this lapse on our part in the near future.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 08:29   #77
BHPian

Re: Amazon has a big counterfeit goods problem

My favourite engine oil (Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40) is available on Amazon via Cloudtail for 2.5k. Shell petrol pumps sell this at MRP, which is almost 5k. Is there any way to verify that the product sold by Amazon is genuine?

I’ve seen similar deals for books, PS4 games, and other items all the time, and it’s always been a good experience, so I’m asking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks