Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 15:54   #1
BHPian

Drive & Listen: A fun website that lets you virtually take a drive around the world

I'm sure we all miss traveling and driving a fair bit. I was randomly browsing on the internet when I came across a super fun website called Drive & Listen. Drive & Listen allows you to virtually take a drive in various cities around the world and tune in to their local radio stations while you're at it. I personally love it, a great way to kill some time, look at the roads and car cultures in other cities around the world and also get a little taste of the local culture with their radio stations.

The only Indian city available so far is Mumbai. But there are tons of cities from all the world right now to help you spend hours on the website without getting bored.

Drive & Listen is a fun side project created by a student named Erkam şeker.

Note: I have no personal affiliation with this project, I just found it on the internet and thought it was worth sharing.
Attached Thumbnails
Drive & Listen: A fun website that lets you virtually take a drive around the world-screen-shot-20200814-3.52.23-pm.png  

Drive & Listen: A fun website that lets you virtually take a drive around the world-screen-shot-20200814-3.52.55-pm.png  

Drive & Listen: A fun website that lets you virtually take a drive around the world-screen-shot-20200814-3.53.18-pm.png  

TejasKinger is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 16:50   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Drive & Listen: A fun website that lets you virtually take a drive around the world

Looking at the website intially I was like,

"What's the big deal?"

Have thrown away irreversible stuff called time at all those YouTube videos seeing the exact stuff. For years!!

But then, it actually is fun. Aggregating all those videos into easily switchable city options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
The only Indian city available so far is Mumbai. But there are tons of cities from all the world right now to help you spend hours on the website without getting bored.
Delhi is also there now. Though the radio stations options in both the cities are limited
Ironic that in Delhi it is showing narrow inner city roads, while for Mumbai it is pleasantly wide and disciplined Bandra-Worli sea link.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 17:13   #3
BHPian

re: Drive & Listen: A fun website that lets you virtually take a drive around the world

Contrary to it's name, one cannot drive. After reading the description, I thought it would be some Need for Speed kind of scenario, where you drive around down at different locations.
Should be (correctly) renamed to Sit and See.
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 13:15   #4
BHPian

Re: Drive & Listen: A fun website that lets you virtually take a drive around the world

As said by RedTerrano, website tite is misleading. But, must praise that student to create this website.

If I have to watch such driving videos, I will use the Youtube. Its a lot more user friendly to watch.
Mynameis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 16:30   #5
BHPian

Re: Drive & Listen: A fun website that lets you virtually take a drive around the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
I came across a super fun website called Drive & Listen. Drive & Listen allows you to virtually take a drive in various cities around the world and tune in to their local radio stations while you're at it.
Thanks for sharing this website. Really loved it. I have only been driven in other cities around the world where work has taken me and I can easily relate the realistic cab riding experience to this added to switchable radio station and realistic street noise.

Loved the Worli sea link drive in Mumbai, last seen it in 2010.

Its more of Ride and Listen than Drive and Listen
haisaikat is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks