Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2020, 17:34   #61
BHPian

Re: Truecaller identifies 29.7 billion spam calls, 8.5 billion spam SMS for Indian users in '19

Some update on the Truecaller for iPhone.
Quote:
In a bid to improve the spam filter and other services on the iOS version, the company has released a new update. Once upgraded to the latest version 11.12, Truecaller will offer real-time caller identification and also block spams. Also, the interface gets revamped on iPhones (and iPads).
Source
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:41   #62
BHPian

Re: Truecaller identifies 29.7 billion spam calls, 8.5 billion spam SMS for Indian users in '19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
What I wonder, when people use TrueCaller is, Google Phone app has block/spam option. If someone flag it as spam, you can view it and you can flag it.
I know Google is not good guys, but they are lesser evil in my opinion.
I would also strongly recommend using Google Phone App. It looks so damn good with caller identifiction as well as spam reporting/blocking. No upgrades, no intrusive ads. Super clean, minimal look.

Thanks for bringing it up.
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:14   #63
BHPian

It is deeply concerning when the data of 80 crore citizens is up for sale on an independent website, and also on similar sites on IndiaMart. https://www.databaseprovider.in/?gcl...RoC_U4QAvD_BwE

This site also claims to be truecaller verified. It is also the top site when you type Indian mobile number data base. Goes to show how much profit they earn because they can afford these keywords on google. Data privacy has become a joke in our country.
Cessna182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 14:04   #64
Team-BHP Support

Any of you getting SMS / e-mail from Truecaller to verify payment credentials [those of you on premium subscription]?

This is the SMS.
Attached Thumbnails
Truecaller identifies 29.7 billion spam calls, 8.5 billion spam SMS for Indian users in '19-famb5i1vkaiyebd.jpg  

Old 1st October 2021, 14:56   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any of you getting SMS / e-mail from Truecaller to verify payment credentials [those of you on premium subscription]?

This is the SMS.
Yes, i did get it. You will have to verify your card once more.
Old 1st October 2021, 15:37   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Yes, i did get it. You will have to verify your card once more.
But why do I need to? I already renewed in August.
Old 1st October 2021, 15:49   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But why do I need to? I already renewed in August.
One has to verify the card on Google Play as the RBI has issued a circular wherein all standing instructions like auto payments for whatever one has opted for using a credit/debit card will not be done automatically and will be declined from 1st October 2021. It doesn't matter if the renewal was done on 30th September.

Link
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 21:20   #68
BHPian

Guys, I wanted to upgrade to Premium, but True Caller is not accepting ICICI Bank and SBI debit cards and Google Pay. Is this some issue with my account or is it on their system? Which payment mode are you guys using?
I am surprised that I had my ICICI Bank debit card linked to Playstore which I had used to buy many apps but now it's not accepting. What could be the issue?
Old 2nd October 2021, 14:39   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, I wanted to upgrade to Premium, but True Caller is not accepting ICICI Bank and SBI debit cards and Google Pay. Is this some issue with my account or is it on their system? Which payment mode are you guys using?
I am surprised that I had my ICICI Bank debit card linked to Playstore which I had used to buy many apps but now it's not accepting. What could be the issue?
Quoting myself.
Found out that there is an option to redeem Google Playstore code. This code can be purchased from Paytm and used for payment for Truecaller subscription. Started with a 6 month one.
Old 1st February 2022, 20:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Has anyone been able to use TrueCaller on their Iphone? I’m unable to get caller id to flash on the screen when a call comes in. Have enabled TrueCaller in call blocking and identification.
I posted this on the Iphone thread as I wasn’t aware about this one. Reposting here since it’s more relevant.
Old 24th June 2022, 08:10   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I don't know how anyone lives in India without TrueCaller . Helps me avoid spam calls & messages on a daily basis. This call, just seen at 8 AM (obviously declined). What's more, with important clients etc., it helps me know who is calling before answering. That's just invaluable information.

Truecaller identifies 29.7 billion spam calls, 8.5 billion spam SMS for Indian users in '19-20220624-08.06.10.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 09:23   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't know how anyone lives in India without TrueCaller
Almost all of us unlucky guys who have an iphone
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 10:52   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how anyone lives in India without TrueCaller . Helps me avoid spam calls & messages on a daily basis. This call, just seen at 8 AM (obviously declined). What's more, with important clients etc., it helps me know who is calling before answering. That's just invaluable information.
My Samsung Android phone has this service called Hiya which also does the job well. Since Hiya does not access the users' contact book, as I believe, it does not have a database of all numbers and hence does not show the name of the spam caller. As per there website, they rely on sophisticated AI/ML stuff to figure out whether it is spam.

Truecaller identifies 29.7 billion spam calls, 8.5 billion spam SMS for Indian users in '19-screenshot_20220624104359_phone.jpg

As you can see I did pick up this call and it did turn out to be telemarketer.

Last edited by DigitalOne : 24th June 2022 at 10:53.
DigitalOne is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 11:22   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Almost all of us unlucky guys who have an iphone
I don't know what is wrong, but on mine, sometimes it does show up. Simultaneously or a few seconds later (and not before as in Android & if the details are present on Truecaller).

Try getting Gold .
Old 24th June 2022, 13:04   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how anyone lives in India without TrueCaller
I am the one ! I never have installed TrueCaller in any of my phones. Didnt want to give them my contact list.
My number still doesnt exist in their directory. I am so proud

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks