Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 23:22   #61
BHPian

Re: Do you actually use LinkedIn? What for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Not quite sure how Linkedin works in other parts of the world. Here the basic package is completely free of charge. However, there is also a premium plan for which you pay.

https://premium.linkedin.com

does anybody use these premium plans? If so, any experience that can be shared?

thanks

Jeroen
Had used this for 6 months a couple of years back. It was around Rs.1.6K per month ($25 abroad) for the subscription. Based on my usage here are the few things which was really helpful.
1) Who all has viewed your profile. If it is a person with a recruiter account it wouldnot show you his name but only the organization name.
2) Inmail - You can message any one including people whom you are not connected to.
3) It also claims that your profile will be more searchable and you can also search more profiles/jobs
JayKis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 07:44   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anybody use these premium plans? If so, any experience that can be shared?
I tried it for a couple of months (last year or so). The first month was free and I forgot to unsubscribe and got charged for the 2nd month; and at close to SGD 40.00 (~USD 30.00) it was quite steep. Personally I did not see any added value with the premium subscription. It shows some added statistics, who viewed your profile etc. For people who are actively looking for job prospects maybe the premium subscription add some value.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 07:52   #63
Team-BHP Support

I keep getting emails inviting me to the premium option for a month, but have always ignored it. I believe my requirements from this platform are met with the basic package. If someone checks out my profile in Private mode, the onus is on them to get in touch, rather than me follow up with them.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 07:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

My LinkedIn app has started crashing on my Andriod phone. Phone used is Samsung S9Plus. This has probably started after the recent security update from andriod few days back.
Anyone experiencing the same ?
Old 27th August 2020, 08:30   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I tried it for a couple of months (last year or so). The first month was free and I forgot to unsubscribe and got charged for the 2nd month; and at close to SGD 40.00 (~USD 30.00) it was quite steep. Personally I did not see any added value with the premium subscription. It shows some added statistics, who viewed your profile etc. For people who are actively looking for job prospects maybe the premium subscription add some value.
If you're applying for jobs, then it brings the response higher up in the list of applicants. That would be helpful if there were fewer applications, but typically there are hundreds/thousands of applicants on each posting. Within that, even if just a single digit percentage is applying with paid accounts, it's not much help.
Apart from that, it also allows you to see how you place amongst all of the applicants. There must be other features too, but nothing that I've found to be indispensable.
All of these analytics must be insightful, but they are of Jack-diddly use to someone who only wants a job.

Last edited by mayankk : 27th August 2020 at 08:49.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 14:32   #66
BHPian

There should have been a poll attached to this discussion. IMHO LinkedIN cannot be compared to social media platform for sales. I am talking about LinkedIN sales navigation tool. It lacks the potential for sales. Their primary revenue should be from premium memberships and jobs. Professionally speaking, its the best that you can get for networking or contacts. I am listing the core benefits:
1. Stay up to date with competition
2. Millions of pages to follow
3. Tons of free knowledge which no university can impart
4. Contacts Contact Contacts.....
5. Direct connect with relevant personnel
6. Career highlights

There is a reason why India is one of the top contributors to LinkedIN. Also important point to be noted is that top brasses of almost all Fortune 500 companies use LinkedIN, so there is something special about it ??

Quote:
Not quite sure how Linkedin works in other parts of the world. Here the basic package is completely free of charge. However, there is also a premium plan for which you pay.

https://premium.linkedin.com

does anybody use these premium plans? If so, any experience that can be shared?
I have been using the premium package since couple of years (I get it reimbursed by my company). It completely depends upon what you intend to do on LinkedIN. Personally, I use it as a showoff badge. Secondly, I get to send few direct messages to unknown people (this is the best feature). Thirdly, I get to be on top noticed profiles if at all I am looking for a job. Finally, you get access to LinkedIN learning. If you are a wise man (which I know you are as I have seen your profile already), you should give it a pass. A 37 old person like me will be using it for progress in career.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th August 2020 at 20:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you
spoth001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 11:09   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm facing a really annoying issue these days with Linkedin. Not sure if its the same case with others. I am very choosy in liking posts on LinkedIn since it shows up on our activity as well as other's feeds. Hence I only like posts which are relevant to my profession and reflects my opinion in a good manner. However these days if I look at my own activity, it shows up that I have liked posts which I have never and would have not even liked such posts. Sometimes these belong to a competitor or even something which might not reflect a good image about myself.

I'm really not sure why this happens. My account isn't logged in from anywhere, and neither can I imagine someone logging into my account just to like random posts on my behalf. Has anyone faced this issue? How can we prevent this from happening? I end up scrolling down on my own activity and unlike such posts but this is happening on a daily basis.
Old 9th August 2022, 11:53   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I'm facing a really annoying issue these days with Linkedin. Not sure if its the same case with others.
Same issue here. In fact, I don't 'like' any post on LinkedIn as I don't like cluttering up my own profile with the Activity tab. However, from time to time I do find random posts there and then I have to go and manually unlike them.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks