Service provider's own website 27 11.16%
Oldschool offline methods (e.g. cheque drop) 5 2.07%
Other (please specify in your post) 3 1.24%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2020, 00:48   #46
BHPian

Re: How do you pay your monthly bills?

I use auto-debit wherever there is predictability on the amount (EMI and likes). Everything else is track and manage and use payment options best suited at that point in time for eg credit card points, debit card promos. In the US, some credit cards have quarterly promos on better cashback on certain spends.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 08:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

For most of the government services - eg. BSNL, MSEDCL etc. I prefer going to their website directly and paying the bills. For everything else and offline purchases, I use BHIM UPI to scan the code and pay up; as I find it fast and convenient. Once upon a time, I used to pay using Google Pay, but their rewards have become far and few in between (just a "Better luck next time" scratch card), so I am less motivated to use that now.
Old 10th September 2020, 09:14   #48
BHPian

Online for all bills since some years.
I choose longer payment periods where possible (landline/mobile/broadband bills etc).
The rest viaapps -When the cashbacks were good Paytm, now primarily via Payzapp and Amazon. Only exception is the school fees that I pay via billdesk.

I never set an autopay option, since I want to have an eye on the details.
Old 10th September 2020, 09:25   #49
BHPian

I prefer PhonePe/Amazon Pay for most recharges and bill payment. I use Jio app/site for recharge since they provide tax invoice for such transaction which is requisite for office claims.

For many apps, Bharat Bill Pay is backbone, so we are using their services even while using apps or websites in many cases. The poll data may seem skewed with this fact.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 10:29   #50
BHPian

I started with direct online payment on respective sites through netbanking some 10 - 12 years back. Then started using Payzapp which was giving cashback of about 5%. Later on came across Google Pay and found it very easy to use and the rewards were also good initially so was using it for almost all bill payments but now there are hardly any rewards, on the contrary Payzapp continues to offer 5% cashback (with a limit) so now back to Payzapp.

Otherwise paying to the grocery store or Medical shop I just scan their UPI code and pay via google pay.
Old 10th September 2020, 11:34   #51

Bill payment experience has come a long way since my childhood. Now almost all payments can be made online from comfort of home. If there is any bill payment for which I need to fall back to old methods ( cash/cheque payment), there is very good chance that I shall discontinue the service or change the provider and I am certain that I represent a large section of people here.

Personally, I pay most of recurring bills through bill payment option in UPI apps BHIM or Google Pay. Apart from being safe, I get timely notifications in app whenever a bill is due for payment. Only time I go to website payment is for insurance premiums.

Direct debit from my bank account has never been my favorite as I don't feel comfortable in giving access to account. For the same reason, I use net banking payment as last resort if no other payment option is available. The only case where I allow autodebit my bank account is for loan EMI and SIP payment.

Thanks to recent government push for digital payment and even this COVID situation (if I may), grocery and other petty shopping have also become cashless. I need not to worry about forgetting my wallet at home or wasting time in ATM queue.
Old 10th September 2020, 14:27   #52

I have used all the methods listed. Currently, using amazonpay, paytm and freecharge to pay bills because of the offers they are providing.
Old 14th September 2020, 10:38   #53
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I opted for Bill desk, Bill Pay method. Having interacted with Bill Desk officially, I clearly know them how they operate. Started as a small company in Mumbai and have grown big with security upgrades as well.

Apps and Mobile wallets are very convenient during travel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks