Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 16:08   #31
BHPian

Re: Lost money on air tickets due to the pandemic

After checking this thread, I went to MMT website through which I had booked ticket for BOM-BLR for 5 passengers. One leg was with Go Air and one with Spicejet. Today when I logged into MMT, I see option to request refund. I selected the option for both flights and submitted my request for refund. Now the "My Trip" page says "Refund in Progress" and below it says..

If claim is approved
Expect refund by 23 Nov - 28 Nov

Does anyone think I will actually get refund or I have still coordinate with airline to ask for refund? If yes then does anyone have proper email ids for both go air and spicejet? I am not confident MMT will chase for my refund and I want to also initiate communication with Airline from my side.
Old 29th October 2020, 16:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
HI all. I have a situation and need information to connect with Makemytrip (MMT). I had an air ticket for family from Go Air booked via MMT for a travel in August. Go Air cancelled this flight and they have now refunded my entire amount to MMT.
How do you know Go Air has refunded to MMT? I just initiated refund request (on MMT) for a Go Air flight booked via MMT but I have not contacted Go Air directly yet. Can you help as what I should do?
Old 29th October 2020, 16:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
How do you know Go Air has refunded to MMT? I just initiated refund request (on MMT) for a Go Air flight booked via MMT but I have not contacted Go Air directly yet. Can you help as what I should do?
I have received a credit note from Go Air with the refund value. Spoke to them over a call as well and they confirmed this. You may call Go Air and check with them. The usual waiting time is about 15-20 mins.

Only challenge will be to connect with MMT for getting it back (either a credit / refund).
Old 30th October 2020, 11:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I have received a credit note from Go Air with the refund value. Spoke to them over a call as well and they confirmed this. You may call Go Air and check with them. The usual waiting time is about 15-20 mins.

Only challenge will be to connect with MMT for getting it back (either a credit / refund).
So I contacted Go Air today morning and they said that out of total 14K amount, they have refunded Rs. 1200 on 20th June (travel date was 04th June) and about Rs. 13.5K was refunded on 17th Oct. They also sent me the details. Check the attached pic, is this what you got too ?

Need to also connect to spicejet and see if I can get money there and yes like you I need to connect to MMT as well. If you find any success, please do let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost money on air tickets due to the pandemic-go-air.jpg  

Last edited by raksrules : 30th October 2020 at 12:01.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 16:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
So I contacted Go Air today morning and they said that out of total 14K amount, they have refunded Rs. 1200 on 20th June (travel date was 04th June) and about Rs. 13.5K was refunded on 17th Oct. They also sent me the details. Check the attached pic, is this what you got too ?

Need to also connect to spicejet and see if I can get money there and yes like you I need to connect to MMT as well. If you find any success, please do let me know.

Yes this is what I have received. Sure will let you know if I am able to connect with MMT. One thing is sure, never again I will book from them. Even smaller players like Easemytrip have refunded to me for another booking. This stonewalling is not expected from the.
Old 30th October 2020, 17:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Yes this is what I have received. Sure will let you know if I am able to connect with MMT. One thing is sure, never again I will book from them. Even smaller players like Easemytrip have refunded to me for another booking. This stonewalling is not expected from the.
Here is one more update. MMT somehow messaged me few hours back on whatsapp saying they have initiated refund to my original form of payment. Check the attached screenshot.

I did not contact MMT to get this done. The only thing I did was yesterday I initiated refund request through their portal but didn't talk to any human.

Now coming to my spicejet ticket, I called them and they told refund cannot be done and money is in credit shell till 31st Mar 2021. I told them I won't be travelling and we have aged people and infant on itenary and they gave me email id of their customer relations to ask for refund. I have done that, lets see what happens. I don't have high hopes.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost money on air tickets due to the pandemic-mmt-refund-initiated.jpg  

raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:59   #37

I had also booked tickets with GoAir via MMT. Upon uploading the cancellation confirmation email from MMT, a credit voucher was issued with a lot of conditions. Tried reaching MMT's customer care service for a couple days via Phone/Email/Twitter/website, but to no avail. Finally wrote an email to their management, and got a call within 30 minutes and refund initiation SMS/Email within 45 minutes of sending out the email. 5 days later got full refund to the original payment mode.
abhi.modi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 19:23   #38
BHPian

Did anyone here get money back from Spicejet? Seems they are not bending and giving money and instead giving that credit shell only. On MMT it shows...

Quote:
The airlines have decided that there will be no refund and only a rescheduling option is made available. For the same, airlines have created a credit voucher equivalent to the booking amount for your ticket, which means, you can pick a future travel date without any rescheduling charges.

Credit Voucher of Rs 10,276 available for PNR XXXXX
You can book your flight for new travel dates, using the Credit Voucher made available in your account. Only the fare difference will apply. In case your chosen new flight costs less than the available Credit Voucher, the residual amount will remain active in the same PNR. You will be able to reuse the remaining amount for future bookings for the same passenger.

Restrictions on New Bookings
You can book new flights for any sector of your choice till travel date 28th February, 2021.

Restrictions on Traveller Names
Names of all the travellers in the new booking should be exactly the same as the previous booking for which the credit voucher was created.
This is really bad and makes sure that I never use spicejet ever. There are so many restrictions and what happens after 28th Feb? Is my money gone? This is literally stealing.
raksrules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 10:32   #39
BHPian

Ok so I got reply from spice jet who first told refund won't be given but when I asked what happens post 31 March 2021 if I cannot utilize the amount and they told it will be refunded.

On a side note, I am yet to see the MMT money refunded back to my credit card. They have told till 05th Nov 2020 so I will wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost money on air tickets due to the pandemic-a2c32f7c6b824fde805f6b25bda978a4.jpeg  

Old 23rd November 2020, 16:05   #40
BHPian

I had booked twice for my family to travel in April-May 2020. Both were using Yatra. For my mom to fly to Houston from Chennai on April 30th and return in mid-August and for myself, wife and kid to go to Sydney May1st for a 2 week vacation. The Houston trip was with Emirates while the trip to Sydney was with Scoot.

Scoot was prompt in first offering vouchers and then giving option of choosing full refund/vouchers. By 22 May, Scoot mailed me that they had refunded the travel partner Yatra. However, Yatra didnt pass on the money for a good 3 months. On 17 Aug I got my refund minus Rs. 4500/ Multiple emails sent to them came with standard automated replies saying it will be processed in 30-45 business days. No way to reach them over phone.

Emirates took their sweet time to respond. I got the refund through Yatra only in September.

Funny thing is the "low-cost" airline refunded faster than the "five-star" airline.

Will definitely not book with Yatra again for sure.

Thanks
Madhav
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:14   #41
BHPian

One thing this pandemic taught me w.r.t airline tickets is to try and avoid buying from 3rd party websites and buy from airlines itself as when things go sideways, the airlines will probably help you better if bought from them directly and if we bought from an agent, they will put all responsibility on the agent.
Old 5th April 2021, 12:43   #42
BHPian

Bumping this thread as back in Nov 2020, I had mentioned that Spice Jet told me to wait until 31-Mar-2021 and I had setup reminders to check. I emailed them few days back and today they told they have initiated the refund to MMT and I have to now contact MMT for refund back to card.

Bumped this threads so people who may have forgotten they have money stuck with airline credit shell can contact them for refund.
Old 5th April 2021, 12:52   #43
BHPian

One of the best experience I have had is with Easemytrip. They have been reachable and extremely fast in making refunds / claims unlike MMT. Their coupon codes are also better than MMT .
Grapevine is that MMT is suffering shortage of people and they are not able to cope up with the backlog. Hence they are resorting to auto closure of service tickets in 10 days even if there is no action done from MMT.

PS: I am nowhere linked to EMT. Sharing here purely based on my positive experience.
Old 11th April 2021, 16:31   #44
BHPian

Does anyone know how to get in touch with actual person at make my trip. Their bot is useless and keeps saying my ticket is not eligible for refund. Spice jet already confirmed me they initiated refund and MMT is the middle man I need to talk to them to get money back. But their customer care number has no way for us to connect to a real person and nothing on website to ask for refund. They have my 10K now.
Old 11th April 2021, 17:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I finally received the refund of GoAir and Air Asia and Air Indonesia, last week. Unfortunately, it’s just the MMT wallet balance and I have no means to transfer this from the Wallet to the Bank account.

I had almost forgotten and given up on this given that I had booked 14 months back. With that state of mind, I actually feel a lot good though it’s lying as part of a travel company wallet.

I’ll update on ease of use, no sooner I’m able to use the same for any bookings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks