Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you have picture/emblem of God on your car?
Yes - visible (eg. on dash) 85 57.82%
Yes - but not visible from outside (eg. inside glove box) 12 8.16%
No 50 34.01%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2007, 22:09   #46
BHPian

i have a pure silver idol of lord Ganesha on the dash.....
Old 6th April 2007, 23:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
God is everywhere and in our hearts but that does not stop believers from visiting Kashi / Rameshwar / Mecca / medina Vatican / Golden temple / Velankanni / shirdi / sidhi vinayak etc.. isnt it?

If we take the sentence " god is everywhere " in a literal sense, then there would be no temples / mosques/ churches / gurudwaras anywhere in the world.
I was only speaking for myself & i do not do those things you have listed out.
And i do not have anything against people who do. Peace.
Old 6th April 2007, 23:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Or the rosary strangling you. Which is why I pray before leaving, "God please don't strangle me in case I have an accident. I am human."

Hmm nice one, My Mom believes that in case i meet with an accident someone will see the cross & call a priest.
Old 7th April 2007, 00:56   #49
BHPian

I have placed the picture of sai baba in my parcel shelf (adventure). I havent pasted it because i havent got the picture i wanted.

I wanted a picture in which baba is siting (near peppal) wearing white clothes. I am in search of it.
Old 7th April 2007, 10:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

Someone could think he is driving an ambulance & give way. Now that would be interesting.
Old 7th April 2007, 10:55   #51
BHPian

EL,

I have full respect for your views as well. I had said " to each his own " in the beginning of my post.

Absolutely no offence meant to any one , Believer / non believer / rationalist / agnostic / whatever.

Peace.

Last edited by w 12 : 7th April 2007 at 11:12.
Old 7th April 2007, 11:15   #52
BHPian

i have small sized ganpati and shrinathji on my dash and other ganpati on the inside rvm.

their presence in my car gives me peace of mind.

Mansi
Old 7th April 2007, 12:05   #53
Suryam

Slightly off topic:
Putting a sticker/idol(Symbol) is personal choice for religious believers. I found having a idol/sticker helps(atleast for me) in following ways to me(for others it may differ or they may have different openion):

* When I start car, I can pray for preferred divinity about my/other-safetey on road . That Symbol REMINDS me about such prayer -- one can do this thing without such Symbol(but it is a personal choice)

* When ever some traffic incident(persons, traffic situation, some despair condition while driving) that irritates, this Symbol can give some positive feelings -- which I cannot describe. The incident can some rule breaking guy comes from left & overtakes, etc. At that point there is no point of getting irritated and make myself full of negative feelings.

* I feel always guilty(this point again may be controversial,my personal feeling and not meant to offend any one's openion), if my car CAN contain stickers of Concorde(my car dealer); my comany gate-pass-stickers; or some teddy bears at front/back;some stickers of dogs at rear;self mad body graphics;etc, BUT NOT of the Almighty-Symbol who has given me all things. Yes I can keep(& keeping) that feeling in my heart. But this feeling is reinforced by having such Symbol in the car -- just like doing self-hipnotism before mirror, or saying to self that we CAN-DO something for solving difficult problems that do arise in our daily life.

* I do agree with some members that this feelings can be kept in side heart(not to show others, keep it in MIND-only). As we are controlled by 5-SENSES and MIND, I want to beef up positive feelings via MIND + SENSES(Symbol -EYE, Devot-Music- EAR,etc) also -- different people can have diff. approaches, but no one can say that theirs is best. IMHO any approach is good as long as we don't hurt others/other's feelings either by mentally/phycially/verbally.

* I also agree with other members, just by having these Symbol in car, that person really may be something else(which should be taken-care/judged by that person only) -- you see world is so complex

Last edited by Suryam : 7th April 2007 at 12:09.

Old 7th April 2007, 15:55   #54
BHPian

Idol of Lord Ganesh on the Dash...

All my life I have believed that i have a 36 ka aakda with this particular deity, things happing the opposite of whts intended whenever i pray to him etc etc...

Yet i went and affixed the idol on the Dash...

Now i wonder why my car keeps getting hit so frequently

Last edited by ajayclicks : 7th April 2007 at 15:57.
Old 9th April 2007, 11:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Dude, with all due respect, put up a red cross and a shield, maybe someone will call an ambulance and the cops.
You really want that? In India? LOL
Old 21st November 2010, 12:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

Maintained my car clean of any idols or stickers until I got married. Then one of the first things my wife did was put a ganesha idol on the dash .

Anyway that car is no longer around. Now I need to say ridiculous stories of sticker glue being carcinogenic inside a car's closed cabin, to keep the new car clean .
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

I have Lord Ganesha's idol (the storage space near Gear lever) and Sree Muthappan's pic inside dash storage.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:29   #58
Senior - BHPian

I have a lord Ganesha's idol placed in one of the cubby spaces provided in front of the gear assy in my Fiesta. This idol is not stuck/pasted upon my wife insistance.

IMO the idol or for that matter anything on the dashboard is distraction esp those springy ones which clatter whenever the car moves on rough surface.
Old 27th November 2010, 19:25   #59
BHPian

imo, thats quite a tacky thing to do. Especially the sticking on the dash. Then in the same car you will see the guy drinking, smoking weed etc in front of the idol. What a joke,.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks