Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 15:08   #1
BHPian

They spent 15 bucks....

They spent 15 bucks to tell me that they did not receive 10 bucks from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is bharat sarkar for you.

I had changed jobs in bombay (where i used to live earlier), and even after 4 years, my pf is not yet transferred from organisation 1 to organisation 2.

PF office in bangalore (where I am now) doesnt help as its not their jurisdisction.

So I decided to file an RTI application. Not sure what to do abt the prescribed fees, in whose name chq (of Rs.10) to be made etc. Get in touch with an NGO who tells me that there is a UCR division in all major postal officies, I can pay cash there, and they will submit my request to the concernend people.

I go to Jaynagar PO (nearest to my house), educate them abt this concept and do the required. Jayanagar PO forwards my application to mumbai EPFO clearly stating tht the prescribed fees has been paid under UCR etc.

EPFO rejects applicaiton saying you have not enclosed dd of Rs.10 favoring so and so, and sends the same to me via speed post!!!!!!!

Atleast now i know in whose name the dd has to be made, tho have half a mind to complain first that information is being denied even though prescribed fees has been paid.

Cheers
Ajay

p.s. i hope that they atleast got a jhatka that some one used RTI to figure out what happened to his PF money.
Old 11th April 2007, 15:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

you made my day at 3:30pm.
ajay, Is there any specific reason as to why you opted for a transfer of PF?
I know on a long term the returns is a little high.

I know of a colleague who hasnt yet been able to transfer a PF account funds from a company where he worked 5 years ago. Thanks to the system.
He currently is in the 3rd job since leaving that company and has given up hopes of getting the money.
Old 11th April 2007, 16:44   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread could turn out to be about how to transfer PF's .. I'm in a similar situation reg the transfer.

Ajay, how did you end up not paying the fees? Honestly, I hope you didnt expect the info without paying the required fees ..
Old 11th April 2007, 17:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This thread could turn out to be about how to transfer PF's .. I'm in a similar situation reg the transfer.

Ajay, how did you end up not paying the fees? Honestly, I hope you didnt expect the info without paying the required fees ..

I have paid the fees. The govt has directed postal authorities to open a UCR counter at major post offices. You pay 10 bucks to them, and handover ur application. They forward it to the concerned dept, saying fees paid. The PF official is conviniently overlooking this.

To the other question, why not withdraw- suppose its 50K. I will get only 35K now as tax will be deducted. Plus am not facing any economic crises... money will get utilised in buyin a camera lens- which will result in a sulking spouse

Cheers
Old 11th April 2007, 17:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
He currently is in the 3rd job since leaving that company and has given up hopes of getting the money.
I am a marwaari baniya and i will chase them till the end of the 3 worlds before I give up.

Cheers
Old 11th April 2007, 17:24   #6
BHPian

I think the government is trying to set up a permanent PF account for all. They came to our company last year and took our details and they said they would be providing us with Social Security Numbers (Its just called so, nothing like what they have in US) and also a card which would give the details of the PF account number etc. So, even if you switch your job, all you have to do is provide this account number to the new company and they will start crediting the PF into this account.
Old 11th April 2007, 17:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Here is my experience with SBI credit cards.

I made my final payment of Rs.6000 plus ignoring the .65 in the end. SBI faithfully sent me statements every month for the next 24 months increasing the payable by .02 every month. They should have roughly spent 600-1000 Rs. for recovering the .98 paise that was due in the last statement before they realised what they were doing.
Old 11th April 2007, 19:24   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

EL, While on the subject of fractions, the banks see it in a different way. When the number of transactions goes into the lakhs, the amount can end up becoming Huge.

Any change in this practice will need a change in policy, and possibly RBI approval.
Old 11th April 2007, 19:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Is there any specific reason as to why you opted for a transfer of PF? I know on a long term the returns is a little high.
AFAIK, interest accumulation doesnt get affected when you shift from one company to another. Once you withdraw the amount, you cannot reinvest it in the new PF account.
Old 11th April 2007, 19:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
They have roughly spent 600-1000 Rs. for recovering the .98 paise that was due in the last statement before they realised what they were doing.
Uugghh... I thought HSBC was the only one.

In my case i dont owe the bank any money, i still get a monthly statement "pls pay Rs.0.0 by ......"

By the end of the year i will have a kilo of waste paper from HSBC alone.

God please grant REAL BRAINS to these nitwits.

And E_L, i seriously doubt they have realised it.
Old 11th April 2007, 19:47   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Here is my experience with SBI credit cards.

I made my final payment of Rs.6000 plus ignoring the .65 in the end. SBI faithfully sent me statements every month for the next 24 months increasing the payable by .02 every month. They should have roughly spent 600-1000 Rs. for recovering the .98 paise that was due in the last statement before they realised what they were doing.
Banks or even government offices don't have choice of using common sense. They have very strict rules about accounting for every paise, so they have to pursue it at any cost. I know about a case where the state government sued a person for 15 years incurring huge cost for collecting 5 rupees. Apparently there is a government rule that says they have sue to collect any outstanding payment.
Old 11th April 2007, 22:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

I can understand the govt being stupid with rules dating back to 1857, how can a modern credit card company be so penny wise & pound foolish ??
Old 12th April 2007, 12:10   #13
BHPian

To come back to point, RTI is a very useful act. It is the first act in the history of India that talks about citizen's right and Government's responsibilities. All prior laws talked about citizens responsibilities and Government's rights and were deliberately meant to harass people.
Old 12th April 2007, 16:14   #14
BHPian

Agreed, but very conviniently they have imposed a Rs.10 fee that PIOs insist should be submitted via a DD; hoping that the hassel of getting a DD made will put off a good amount of applications.

Ajay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks