Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2021, 13:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advertising to Automobiles. Is it worth a career switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I thought about your question for a while. Why not do BOTH? You have advertising experience and the auto industry (along with FMCG) is a Top 3 advertiser in India, as a category. I'm sure as an enthusiast, you will bring unique perspectives to the table.

Join a car manufacturer or work on a big auto account through an agency. That way, you'll combine both. It's also a lower risk, logical move.
I think you need to plan the transition better.

If directionally you are clear, then start something with low capital investment in the Auto space. It can be a detailing shop or a blog or a free banner for new launches. - Build Credential.

Speak to people from Auto Marketing departments, a lot of Indian Auto companies cannot afford IIM guys in the marketing department (as the industry is very conservative when it comes to salaries), connect with their CMOs for possible synergies (Ather, Hero, TVS being some of them). Also remember, Auto industry is a combination of Pre-Manufacturing (OESs), Manufacturing (OEMs) and Post Manufacturing (3M kind) companies. Ensure you connect across the board - Build Network.

I would suggest you do not transition from advertising (a desk job) to a workshop (a shopfloor job) that will be wasting a lot of skills you have in your specialization. Look for areas which will marry the two - Identify Synergies

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks