Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2007, 16:32   #1
BHPian

Cars Vandalised at Star News office

Hey people , being an avid car enthusiast, it literelly got my eyes watery, a very bad sight to see specially for car lovers.

Time : 4.00 pm - 4.25pm
Place Star plus Office Mahalaxhmi

Report: A mob of some 25-30 ppl approx. vandlised around 35 cars, cars that were ranging from chevrolets to honda civics to tatas. The men had orange flags in their hand and hammers, broke the outside of the star plus office, threw stones on the building broke glasses, and the cars were literally been battered with hammer breaking wind sheilds, to denting them with the hardest blow in anger to knock it down completely. Hammers being hit on the bonnets and hood and doors and every part of the car that were parked in the premises of the Building

Dont know the reason why it had happened please check on the news channels. But being a car lover got me really down seeing people doing such stuffs. The are also has some accords and merc parked dont know whether they have been also stoned. will check it rite away as it i complete the report.

I am supporting any thing here in terms of Politics or Racism or anything that has caused this but i am against this rude behaviour towards the cars. if the Mod wish to close the thread i am ok with it. But its just that seeing the cars at those sights made me right this report.
Old 16th April 2007, 16:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Has it something to do with the Tata Memorial rape case?
Old 16th April 2007, 16:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

Whatever the case may be, this is no way to react. Especially when its supported by the Govt. we have apparently voted into power.
Old 16th April 2007, 16:54   #4
BHPian

Are these people going to take India forward ?
There are so many people in every corner of the country who have the time and energy to make their presence felt.
Old 16th April 2007, 19:30   #5
SLK
Senior - BHPian

yup... very bad.... these guys should be tortured 3rd degree.... and that too should be shown on TV.

BTW... are we also joining the news media... "BREAKING NEWS"?
Old 16th April 2007, 21:19   #6

It seems these fanatics were protesting against a STAR news story about a Hindu-Muslim couple who were present in their studios at the time of the attack. The whole issue reminded me of what Mark Twain once said-' There are only 2 things infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
Old 16th April 2007, 23:44   #7
BHPian

very well said gunner
Old 17th April 2007, 00:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
The whole issue reminded me of what Mark Twain once said-' There are only 2 things infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
Albert Einstein said that, not Mark Twain.
Old 17th April 2007, 02:09   #9
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Albert Einstein said that, not Mark Twain.
yeah!.... for a minute.. I was like... did Einstein copy .... Mark Twain!
Old 17th April 2007, 02:34   #10

Don't want to go off topic guys but I actually double-checked on that and surprise surprise..some websites mention Mark Twain but most of them credit it to Einstein. In any case, as C.P Scott once said-'Comment is free, but facts are sacred.'

P.S-I think we ought to start a thread on quotes!
Old 17th April 2007, 04:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

That is definetely Einstein!! One of my favourites by Mark Twain is while he was addressing a Press Conference: "The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated"
Old 17th April 2007, 05:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

You guys are way OT. And forget cars, people were beaten with iron rods.
Old 17th April 2007, 08:01   #13
BANNED

The 'MORAL BRIGADE 'as they call themselves are the ones who were behind this ... Its a pity that mentality like this still exists around here . I wonder what they proved by doing this ... ??

Also the Richard Gere and shilp kiss onstage has raked up an issue .. forces saying that Indian culture is one where women are respected and Shilpa giggling while getting kissed oin the cheek showed that she didnt mind being kissed and infact encouraged Gere to kiss longer . I wonder where these forces are when women get bashed/killed/maimed for dowry or when they get raped - hjow come we don't see them doing anything about that .

I tell you ... they all a bunch of HYPOCRITES --- who need to be made to vanish from this country .

Last edited by ajmat : 17th April 2007 at 08:17.
Old 17th April 2007, 10:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
The 'MORAL BRIGADE 'as they call themselves are the ones who were behind this ... Its a pity that mentality like this still exists around here . I wonder what they proved by doing this ... ??

I wonder where these forces are when women get bashed/killed/maimed for dowry or when they get raped - hjow come we don't see them doing anything about that .

I tell you ... they all a bunch of HYPOCRITES --- who need to be made to vanish from this country .
And how many of these so called moral brigade cadets themselves do these things. These are just show. Poor cars. Its a pain for all those who love cars.
Old 17th April 2007, 11:04   #15
Team-BHP Support

Really sad to actually see the way the cars were being smashed on TV.
Lots of hard earned money which was washed down the drain all due to some hypocrites who believe they are above the law.

The footage shown by Star News shows how the morons defiantly carried out their attacks, even as a riot police van was pulling up. Obviously the cops didnt do anything during the process, save for addressing the media after the incident.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks