Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2004, 19:47   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Palio-fans,

Just checked out a new Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX up for sale.

1. 600 kms on the odo (Transport between showroom and Kurla plant + 8 test drives)
2. White Colour
3. ABS/Airbags equipped model.
4. Power everything (Steering, windows, central locking). Rear wash/wipe and much more.
5. 14" standard alloy wheels.

This car is unregistered and price is fixed at 3.7 lacs on the road, including taxes and registration. A one year factory warranty will also apply. Build date is July 2001 but the car has been in the Kurla factory only except for test-drives. The payment can be made directly to Fiat India or to the showroom.

I honestly checked this car out wanting to pick it up, but the car has been touched up and repainted at specific spots. There is rust on some fender edges and the RHD headlight has faded (This will be changed under warranty).

Driving the car was sheer pleasure as I dont know of any other hatch in India with such acceleration and a to-die-for engine note. I especially love the way the nose of this Palio elevates under hard acceleration. Took some corners fast and wow!! This car handles like no other.

But I am not picking it up as I want something more brand new. Its worth a look for 1.6 GTX die hard fans.

Call Adil / Suneeta at Shaman Auto - (022) 2422.8686 or 2422.8383.

GTO
Old 22nd September 2004, 23:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its damm expensive
I had just given N_C a contact number for a 1.6 Palio GTX 2002 for sale without airbag/ABS that too for 2.35 quoted price.

Even if the car has just done 600 km, the depriciation is according to 2001 year .the body and the steel is old.GOD know if they have ever changed the oil or not ?

A normal 2001( NOv - Dec) GTX can be had for 2.05 to 2.20
Add 25000 for the ABS and airbags and another 25000 for its low mileage.
Still the right price according to me would be 2.75 ( also remember the car has slight touch-ups and a bit of rust). Also we all know how beautifully the test cars are run.
Old 25th September 2004, 17:16   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just read in the latest Autocarindias Helpline section. A dude bought an old stock 2002 Palio and had terrible problems with everything. Rust, suspension, engine...the works.

Not recommended.

GTO
Old 25th September 2004, 23:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 25 2004,15:46)]Just read in the latest Autocarindias Helpline section. A dude bought an old stock 2002 Palio and had terrible problems with everything. Rust, suspension, engine...the works.

Not recommended.

GTO
Must be one in a hundred i guess......

A lot depends on how one maintains it.
Old 26th September 2004, 11:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 25 2004,22:22)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 25 2004,15:46)]Just read in the latest Autocarindias Helpline section. A dude bought an old stock 2002 Palio and had terrible problems with everything. Rust, suspension, engine...the works.

Not recommended.

GTO
Must be one in a hundred i guess......

A lot depends on how one maintains it.
Hey X-Machine

I think GTO here was referring to this particular GTX and therefore advised against going in for the white Palio for sale he mentioned of due to its age and the fact that its been lying around for so long in the showroom's godown.

Revv

P.S. This isn't a one in hundred problem. Fiat has shown inconsistent build quality in the recent past and its actually turning people away from the showrooms.
Old 26th September 2004, 16:27   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Think about it. Would you ever hear a Hyundai dealership sell you a 3 year old car for a discount? Or Hyundai as a company sell you an old stock Santro at a 2 lac discount?

They would probably do it within their circle (to employees, suppliers) but never to the end customer. They rightly know that theres too much at stake.

And yes, X-Machine I was referring to this particular Palio 1.6

GTO
Old 26th September 2004, 20:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Even i was referring to the same.
I meant that,maybe the problem persists in this car ONLY as the owner must`ve not maintained it well.

But as u also mentioned bout the recurring inconsistent built quality of the Fiat,which i wan`nt much aware of.
Take my words back...
X

Old 6th October 2004, 14:37   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

guys ivenot noticed and diff in the build qualities and ive gonr through a uno D, siena D and using a palio GTX

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks