Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2004, 18:28   #1
snoopy41

Please bear with me but am really seriously looking for a clean used Daewoo Nexia,,just to refresh everyone memory(no i havent quite lost it yet),, specs

DOHC 1.5 litre,,develoing 94 bhp@ 5500 rpm and some really serious torque figures,,trust me ..this car had everything from 14 inch wheels to leather like gorgeous interiors,,and this engine with a turbo and intercooler ,,freeflow and a K&N would develop more than 150 bhp ( same as the skoda petrol turbo),,which maxes out at 219 kph ,,but this beauty weighs only 1100 kgs,,so its power to weight ratio would be AWESOME),,can anyone advise if someone knows someone who wants to sell

Old 12th October 2004, 20:32   #2
bhp
BHPian

i think nexia is very difficult to get bcoz they were hardly sold in the market . but u have an unique choice shortlisted for you .
Old 13th October 2004, 02:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (bhp @ Oct. 12 2004,19:02)]i think nexia is very difficult to get *bcoz they were hardly sold in the market . but u have an unique choice shortlisted for you . *

All the Best
Old 13th October 2004, 05:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]DOHC 1.5 litre,,develoing 94 bhp@ 5500 rpm and some really serious torque figures,,trust me ..this car had everything from 14 inch wheels to leather like gorgeous interiors,,and this engine with a turbo and intercooler ,,freeflow and a K&N would develop more than 150 bhp ( same as the skoda petrol turbo),,which maxes out at 219 kph ,,but this beauty weighs only 1100 kgs,,so its power to weight ratio would be AWESOME),,can anyone advise if someone knows someone who wants to sell
All that is ok but, why Nexia? There are many cars in the same segment which have a better tuning potential and are far lighter too. The TC'd City 1.5 in Bbay with less than 150bhp does 100kmph in under 8 secs. Imagine one with more than 150bhp, we're looking at figures close to 6.5-7 secs.

Shan2nu
Old 13th October 2004, 12:45   #5
Tom
BHPian

wht about cost factor?
Old 13th October 2004, 14:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well all i can remember about the nexia was its terrific ride quality and interiors that even today can put quite a few cars to shame!

Revv
Old 13th October 2004, 15:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nexia goods

1. Comes prety cheap 2000 models for 1.3 to 1.50 approx
2. lovely beige interiors
3. powerful 94 hp engine
4. Ride quality is good
5. IMO the car is looks good too , its length is a facination to many even today.
6. FE not so bad 8 kmpl
7. 14" tyres

te bads
1. Poor leg room at rear
2. Slight heavy car 1100 kg , ride quality is still good
3. parts difficult to source, but not impossible
Old 13th October 2004, 15:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Well all i can remember about the nexia was its terrific ride quality and interiors that even today can put quite a few cars to shame!
Exactly, it's a great car if you want to be driven around town. The handling however is nowhere close to that of the others in it's class. The Nexia was never a boy racer type of car.

Shan2nu
Old 13th October 2004, 16:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think lamborghini owns a Nexia
he would be the best person to comment on the car.
Old 13th October 2004, 19:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dipen @ Oct. 13 2004,14:12)]5. IMO the car looks good too , its length is a facination to many even today.

Totally agreed on that mate...whenever i see a Cielo or a Nexia on the road...I just keep thinking of its enourmous length..a true luxury liner.
Old 21st October 2004, 21:18   #11
BHPian

A bit off-topic, but personally I think the Nexia/Cielo shape is quite out. I don't like the rear and the general side profile of the car. I remember liking the first Cielo way back in 95 or 96 whenever it was first launched, but over the years I forgot all about it. Now when I see it, I just turn my eyes away.

<off topic>
I have liked many cars and disliked them after a few years. I remember I used to hate the Zen when it came out, but then I quite liked it when I got one. Didn't like the Ikon initially, but now its not so bad. I found out that the Ikon appealed to me only with a mesh grille in the front, not the other grille with just horizontal vents like an AC. I also dislike the Lancer LE vertical grille and slightly modified rear. But these are minor things. I'm wondering if in a few years, I'd begin to change my feelings for the Lancer. I'd hate that...
</off topic>

- Aalaap
Old 25th October 2004, 07:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nexia is a pretty good car.Its got that sturdy feel and the ride quality is awesome.Modifying a Nexia can really prove its might over other cars.It has the engine which could be taken to the max of 150hp-170hp.Its really a stormer of a car barring its weight which is the only drawback.It looks pretty decent too and id modified well,can be an eye-catcher for sure.
Will let u know if i come across any snoopy.

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks