Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 10:16   #16
BHPian

Well,It is about time someone shoots these crazy truckers point blank!!!!!!

Also at the same time there are truckers who are well behaved, They dip for you, If you are trailing them, They will let you know you when to overtake and stuff.. But the whole image is spoilt by these 'Truck Racers'

Hope everyone involved in the accident are doing okay, May god bless them!
Old 26th April 2007, 10:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

These truck drivers are a menace ...something should be done to educate these people on road sense ..i guess it holds true for all the commercial and a few private vehicle drivers too though.

Really sad , hope the injured pull through
Old 26th April 2007, 10:23   #18
BHPian

God have mercy on people who drive like this.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Well,It is about time someone shoots these crazy truckers point blank!!!!!!

Also at the same time there are truckers who are well behaved, They dip for you, If you are trailing them, They will let you know you when to overtake and stuff.. But the whole image is spoilt by these 'Truck Racers'
I have noticed that its the tipperwala's who are decidedly most rash, especially when unladen.. They normally have multiple short trips to make in a day and drive rashly to increase the number of "trips" they can make.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Absolutely right. There are some excellent truckers who drive very safe & help the smaller faster vehicles in overtaking, giving way, dipping their lights in the night etc.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:37   #21
Team-BHP Support

I agree with that statement. Some truckies made my day while i was doing my trip from Bangalore to Kerala last Xmas. A wave and a small beep on the horn to thank them and encourage their kinds. On the other hand, the less said about the mad bus drivers in Kerala, the better.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:32   #22
Team-BHP Support

The trucks when laden are overloaded by anywhere to 125% to 200% of the recommended weight. This totally messes up their handling and dynamics. So you can't blame truck drivers all the time. When the truck owners buy new trucks, first thing they do is reinforce the chassis and suspension for twice the prescribed weight.

We have building construction happening on a site situated on a small hill, so the road is uphill. Therefore overloaded trucks fail to climb this gradient, but properly loaded trucks can. The stone supplier refuses to send the truck with 100% load saying he will lose money. Therefore he still sends 150%-200% load, we off-load 50% at the foot of the hill and get it on a short second trip. We have to pay extra extra loaded/unloading near our site. And the police love over-loaded trucks, they are a major source of income for cops.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The trucks when laden are overloaded by anywhere to 125% to 200% of the recommended weight. This totally messes up their handling and dynamics. So you can't blame truck drivers all the time. When the truck owners buy new trucks, first thing they do is reinforce the chassis and suspension for twice the prescribed weight.

We have building construction happening on a site situated on a small hill, so the road is uphill. Therefore overloaded trucks fail to climb this gradient, but properly loaded trucks can. The stone supplier refuses to send the truck with 100% load saying he will lose money. Therefore he still sends 150%-200% load, we off-load 50% at the foot of the hill and get it on a short second trip. We have to pay extra extra loaded/unloading near our site. And the police love over-loaded trucks, they are a major source of income for cops.
Samurai san.. THe trucks designed in india are designed to carry 150-200% of the prescribed weight... That is the only way in which you can conquer the market...

handling.. Dynamics!!!!!!!!! have you heard of any truck in India which has handling and dynamics??? THe designers just Put wheels... some torquey diesel engine....; 6X2, 6X 4 or 4 x 2, 4 x 4 , as the case maybe.. beef up the suspension.. , check for fuel efficiency with 100% load.. thtz it.. you got a truck...

"Buy my truck... eventhough it is rated for 15 tonnes you can carry 20 tonnes and nothing will happen"... It will pull too if well maintained...

The catch is there are limit on road axle loads.. which are conveniently forgotten by the owners and is a source of income for the cops...
Old 26th April 2007, 17:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the police love over-loaded trucks, they are a major source of income for cops.
Talk of this, infact remember watching a kannada news channel broadcast a hidden camera shoot done by two reporters.
The reporters posed as guys who wanted to setup a mining industry and had gone to meet the cops for having their trucks run(read overloaded) on the mangalore route.

The cop says " namage varadalli correct aagi duddu bandare saaku,nimage yenu thondare irodilla " ( just make sure that the money reaches us on time on a weekly basis and you wouldnt have any problems) .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 26th April 2007 at 17:26.
Old 26th April 2007, 20:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I agree with that statement. Some truckies made my day while i was doing my trip from Bangalore to Kerala last Xmas. A wave and a small beep on the horn to thank them and encourage their kinds. On the other hand, the less said about the mad bus drivers in Kerala, the better.
with u...I have always experienced that the truckers are the one well aquianted with highway rules and follow it as well....

Abhi
Old 26th April 2007, 20:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Well, there are two types of truck drivers. The local ones who operate local transport trucks carrying sand/stone/water etc. Then there are the long distance truck drivers who spend all their life on the highways.

It is the former type who give bad name to truck drivers. The long distance truck drivers are usually very sober drivers who follow all the rules.
Old 27th April 2007, 10:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, there are two types of truck drivers. The local ones who operate local transport trucks carrying sand/stone/water etc. Then there are the long distance truck drivers who spend all their life on the highways.

It is the former type who give bad name to truck drivers. The long distance truck drivers are usually very sober drivers who follow all the rules.
Spot on, Could not agree more.. I didnt have any major issues with truckers on to way to cochin and back to bangalore,

Have you seen the long distance buses with 100 100w lights and as soon as they see you they put up the entire carnival show so that thier path is clear???

Volvo guys are okay I feel, I take the car to the pavement if I see them overtaking and coming towards me.......
Old 27th April 2007, 11:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

@Knight Rider...i have faced same situations....but driving on mangalore to Udupi is always a challenge....local busses makes sure that one doesnt hav a good comfortable drive unfortunately local traffic cops hardly take notice of this...
Old 27th April 2007, 16:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
local busses makes sure that one doesnt hav a good comfortable drive
hehehe... Talk of Du****ba travels and the menace they create driving between Kundapur and Mangalore.

Like Samurai said, long distance truck drivers are well mannered when it comes to traffic rules, but what about the drag races they indulge in ?
Ever noticed , 2 long distance truckers taking up the whole road and dragging at 20 kmph ??
Old 27th April 2007, 18:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Ever noticed , 2 long distance truckers taking up the whole road and dragging at 20 kmph ??
I have not seen any...ya once/twice from Krishnagiri to Hosur stretch where everyone is climbing a steep climb...but that was a genuine case & nothing like dragging...generally truckers are the best of the lot...

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks