Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 16:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pune: 39.69 km road constructed in just 24 hours

Pune-based Rajpath Infracon has constructed a 39.69 km road between Pusegaon and Mhasurne in Satara in a record time of 24 hours. The single-lane road was completed with the help of the Maharashtra state government's public works department (PWD). The work has been recorded in the Limca Book of Records.

Pune: 39.69 km road constructed in just 24 hours-6746d702c23711eba84418a2b8c7293d_1622484529140.jpg

Bituminous concrete was used for the construction of the 3.5-metre wide road. It was completed with the help of about 474 workers and 250 vehicles and equipment.

The company had planned to construct a 30 km stretch of the road in a day. Instead, the team of workers managed to construct 39.69 km of road between 7 am on May 30th to 7 am on May 31st.

Thanks to Siddharth for sharing this information with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Source: Hindustan Times

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd June 2021 at 16:42.
TusharK is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune: 39.69 km road constructed in just 24 hours

Wonderful achievement. Positive side of this is, this project shows how our country can progress if we give 100% focus, dedication and sincerity in what ever we do.

Taking this as inspiration, if other parts of the country also start completion of their projects with top notch quality in similar pace in parallel, am sure we will have wonderful infrastructure in next 5-6 years.

Negative side of the story: They have completed 39 kms road construction in 24 hours. Not sure how many days does it retain the condition. I only hope that it is real road construction and not black painting of the path. If government has taken so high interest in completing the road, the devil inside me thinks what could be the real motive for the government?

I am not aware of the answer. I only wish my devil inside me is wrong.

Last edited by gkveda : 3rd June 2021 at 17:07.
gkveda is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:49   #3
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, great achievement and it just shows that where there's a will, there's a way!

I wish the same company can be awarded the work contract to get the Satara-Pune stretch of the National highway completed as well, it has been languishing in a pathetic state for years now.

And, it's not too far from where this record was achieved

Last edited by NPV : 3rd June 2021 at 17:50.
NPV is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:17   #4
BHPian

Awesome achievement. Since 2014, when Shri Nitin Gadkari took over the reigns, such news of speedy infra has become quite frequent. I pray this becomes the norm rather than the exception and we get smooth surfaces to travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I wish the same company can be awarded the work contract to get the Satara-Pune stretch of the National highway completed as well, it has been languishing in a pathetic state for years now.
+1
I think GoI should come up with a scheme. Give targets and allocate points. When a new tender comes up for grabs, companies who earned good points in their previous job get an extra weightage. Let us start rewarding achievements.
RedTerrano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Pune-based Rajpath Infracon has constructed a 39.69 km road between Pusegaon and Mhasurne in Satara in a record time of 24 hours.
Thanks for Sharing and its really a great achievement. Given the lockdown situation there would have been no hindrance in getting this done. Govt should use this lockdown in not only curtailing the spread, but, also to ramp up some infra projects, city cleanup project similar to the one conducted by Chennai Corporation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wow, great achievement and it just shows that where there's a will, there's a way!
A true statement right. I'm remembered of a similar achievement by the Indian Railways Waltair division in completing a subway project with in 5 hours.
Source
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 19:21   #6
BHPian

A great job done, if I am not wrong we recently broke a world record for making 37Kms of highway in a day which was a huge jump in comparison to our older standards and now 39.6Kms itself makes me feel proud!

But I would love to see this road 1 year down the line. Even the worst built roads last around a month without potholes.
I am sure I won't be disappointed to see this road long gone

But still, I am waiting for that day to come when I would be driving a car with a coffee mug in my left hand without fear of spilling it in my "Tesla" because of a speed-breaker or a pothole
Rambo-RS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 05:33   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post

+1
I think GoI should come up with a scheme. Give targets and allocate points. When a new tender comes up for grabs, companies who earned good points in their previous job get an extra weightage. Let us start rewarding achievements.
I was briefly working for Hongkong govt project as a software developer in building a web application that does the exact same thing you mentioned. They already have a similar system for building constructions where the contractors are assessed and given a score based on several parameters. Even the assessment is conducted at random and with random sampling of locations( that was the toughest part to code for us , as it involved coming up with random sampling logic, which is hard to beat). I always wondered if something like this exists in India.
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 08:23   #8
BHPian

Not a naysayer. But having lived in Pune for many years now, I would be really interested in revisiting the road condition after the monsoons!!

And in my humble opinion, such records and record creation attempts should be discouraged. And how long do those road last should be recorded and recognized.
Sanjunair5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 10:05   #9
BHPian

3.5m wide road means it must be a rural road. I wonder why all the rural roads are not concrete-based. If the roads inside villages, cities, and even highways can be based on concrete why not these rural roads?

Concrete roads can easily last 10 years or more while bitumen roads can't go past 1 or 2 years in most cases. Based on a state govt report, Bitumen roads cost 60% of concrete roads. In the longer term, concrete roads will be much cheaper and better.
sri_tesla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 11:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
.... In the longer term, concrete roads will be much cheaper and better.
No really a direct answer to this, but, you will get the gist of how the machinery works. Read on..

There was once an honest and hard working contractor in Wayanad, who paved 26kms of road through the forest. The road stands strong even after 13+ years. Word is that the contractor never got any more work.
dhanushs is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 11:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Mumbaikars would give 48 or even 72 hrs if they can fix the WEH (Western Express Highway) where all commuters do is EXPRESS their agony on the slow movement of traffic on poorly built and poorly maintained roads
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 11:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

First thing I remembered after reading the thread title is this

Hope quality is good! and it lasts few years at least.

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th June 2021 at 12:02.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 02:04   #13
BHPian

Hope they prepared the old road well to do the black topping effectively. Nowadays, they just keep building on top of the older layer and the Shoulder becomes too high and causes problems specially for Two Wheeler riders who are sometime forced to the egde / Shoulder of the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks