Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 17:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Spiderman 3

hello all,

this is thread is just to vent my disgust against the new sp3. Saw it last night and i am lucky that i saw it at cheaper theatre (coz of lack of tickes in the mulitplexs) and not at an expensive one.

acc to me this is one of the worse super hero films along with super man 2.
- i mean when i want to see a super hero film. . i want to see a super hero film and not an EMOTIONAL DRAMA. this felt like KARAN JOHAR directed the film
- spider man has becom FAT. you cant help but notice his double chins.
- what is wrong with the actors. . . spiderman CRYING ????? guys. . .everyone was crying. . . even the villains (sandman) was emotional and crying in the end.
- now this is the biggest one...LACK OF ACTION.
- venom spiderman looked really SLACKED...he was not dangerous, nor funny . . . no imagination.
- visually there was not much diff between sp2 and sp3.

am being so critical becase i was expecting a lot from this film.

Cheers
Old 6th May 2007, 21:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

I havent seen the flick, but if it sucks then so be it
Old 7th May 2007, 10:14   #3
Team-BHP Support

saw it yesterday. And have to say that i agree with almost everything he said! seems hollywood is turning bollywood! Songs, love story...***!!!
Old 7th May 2007, 10:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

1 and 2 rocked, this one is pathetic. I would rate it 5/10, all for the CGI.
Old 7th May 2007, 11:08   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I went yesterday, to an expensive multiplex to see Spidey3.

As a plotted, thinking movie, I think it's either aimed at very small kids or at mentally deficient people. Mind you, I enjoy CG and action, but my idea of a fun action, thinking movie is either the Matrix series and Batman Begins.

Coming back to Spiderman3, let me make one thing clear. When I got past my expectations and packed my brain in my bag, I had an absolute blast.
It was pure cheese. Right from a singing crying and dancing (yes, dancing) spiderman, to the little kids crying "awesome" at every little spidey trick, to the (hot) reporter with a thick brit accent, sounding like an essex girl with soup in her mouth.

I have always loved Venom and to tell you the truth, I think he was done perfectly. The problem is that Topher Grace (That 70's show) is well, topher grace and his expressions, even as venom, take the focus away from Venom. But the snarl and the face, perfect and scary.

The sandman was probably the best done CG and again, excellent. The human touch was a bit much. I like my villians to be evil, but then thats me.

Harry the Goblin was nicely done, new mask, new look. Great smile for the ladies, too much emotion.

Lets face it guys, the plot is thin. I won't spoil the movie, but even logically (those that have seen the movie will agree) that logically it doesnt quite fit.

Black spiderman rocks!! I had goosebumps. What a costume and some of the shots are par excellence.

If you can live with the cheese (Sure, there's an american flag at the end, but doesnt the world begin and end in the USA?), I think it's a movie most boys will watch anyways. Let's face it, we owe ourselves, the CG industry and most of all spiderman that.

After accepting that the movie was silly, my friends and I whooped and clapped every time spidey saved the day. It was worth the 200 bucks. I say, go watch it.

And remember, the butler did it.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th May 2007 at 11:13.
Old 7th May 2007, 11:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
hello all,

this is thread is just to vent my disgust against the new sp3. Saw it last night and i am lucky that i saw it at cheaper theatre (coz of lack of tickes in the mulitplexs) and not at an expensive one.

acc to me this is one of the worse super hero films along with super man 2.
- i mean when i want to see a super hero film. . i want to see a super hero film and not an EMOTIONAL DRAMA. this felt like KARAN JOHAR directed the film
- spider man has becom FAT. you cant help but notice his double chins.
- what is wrong with the actors. . . spiderman CRYING ????? guys. . .everyone was crying. . . even the villains (sandman) was emotional and crying in the end.
- now this is the biggest one...LACK OF ACTION.
- venom spiderman looked really SLACKED...he was not dangerous, nor funny . . . no imagination.
- visually there was not much diff between sp2 and sp3.

am being so critical becase i was expecting a lot from this film.

Cheers
Saw this movie last night was just abt to start a thread on this

damn almost a 3 hr movie a very typicvall hindi movie with the drama and family issues and the sinding and dancing .,... the movie sucked big time ....
Old 7th May 2007, 11:22   #7
BANNED

I too saw this movie on Saturday and felt it was a waste of time and money. Spiderman 2 was the best. Spiderman 3 was worse than a hindi movie.

I went to new Sterling multiplex to see the movie and I must warn others to please avoid the theater at all costs if they want to have an enjoyable expereience. Old sterling was very good and had a good charm. New one is the worst theatre. There is no space to breathe and no ventilation, the movie started late and they were not lettign us into the theatre because they had not finished cleaning, the seats were very bad and cramped and lots of people like me who booked back row seats were given seats right in the front even after assurances from the ticket counter. Even after the movie the pain did not end. It took very long for my car to come from the valet because there is only one entrance for entry and exit. It was the worst expereince i have had in any multiplex or even old theatre. Sorry to hijack the thread but I felt I must warn others.
Old 7th May 2007, 12:00   #8
Team-BHP Support

I knew someone would start a thread here on the Spiderman 3. While the effects are good, the story line was more of bollywood than anything.

I did not find it good.
Old 7th May 2007, 12:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

I simply loved the BLACK SPIDEY. Loved him dance too. And yes it helped matters that I watched the movie with a 2 year old in the seat next to me.

Yes the movie drags in the middle but all is forgotten when Spidey swings in. And yes I clapped too everytime Sipdey saved the day.

ps - In the middle of a heavy scene - my friends kid got up and asked his Dad - "Papa , where is Spiderman ? And the he goes "tish tish" with his wrist pointing to his dad.
Old 7th May 2007, 12:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Saw the movie last Sunday and the overwhelming response from the audience (premiere was hosted by the company I work for) was that it was like 'a hindi movie'.

My son wasnt overtly impressed with a Spiderman who spent more time getting entangled with women than entangling baddies in his web and he didnt like the overall senti-venti atmosphere. Since that is the target audience I guess the film hasnt lived up to expectations.

Personally I didnt like the movie very much either.
Old 7th May 2007, 12:54   #11
BHPian

Nope; didnt like it either; excessive CG; too much blubbering by spidey (what was that???) and i especially didnt like spidey's girlfriend (again)
Old 7th May 2007, 13:28   #12
Team-BHP Support

The high point of the movie was when he wore the black Spidey suit and did things he really should have done before!
Old 7th May 2007, 14:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

I liked it. Happen to be a fan of comics.

it sure has some, actually 2 touchy scenes.
Old 7th May 2007, 18:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

i enjoyed the movie and infact almost cried when Harry died. bollywood...yeah sure...it has its touch! but over all time pass.

but i didnt like sandman at all. infact through out the movie my gf kept asking me, where did the sand man come from? (yeah right! dont ask).

i liked the spidey dance.
Old 7th May 2007, 19:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Wow so I am not the only one who thinks it had Bollywood touch.

What I hated most about Spidey2 * 3 is that almost every tom, dick & harry know that Peter Parker is Spiderman, I mean how come all the villains know who is Spiderman...

The action & CG is really what makes it worth the moolah

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks