Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:33   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Good samaritan policemen who uphold the police force's good name

‘Knight In Khaki’: This Nagpur cop Head Constable Sudhir Khubalkar has so far traced 64 missing people in 11 months: The cop has gained this unique expertise and has mastered the art of tracing missing persons from crowded islands of lost souls!

The missing and lost persons are located by him even in crowds and thereafter he has been responsible for relocating them back to their respective homes. The Police Commissioner has entrusted Sudhir Khubalkar with the duties of tracing such missing or lost persons whose photos have been provided to him with the list by the city police. The cop has travelled near and far to undertake the noble job sometimes in unreserved rail bogies. He has also sometimes offered food from his meagre personal resources to the traced, missing person.

Sudhir Khubalkar's services have been recognised and he was felicitated by Dr Ravinder Singhal, the Police Commissioner.

Quote:
Call him an angel in khaki or knight in shining armour, a Nagpur cop has brought smiles in scores of households wracked by trauma or the sudden vacuum of a child gone missing.

Head constable Sudhir Khubalkar of Shantinagar police station has crisscrossed the country to track down 64 missing persons, most of them women in 11 months, an extraordinary feat that drew the attention of the city’s top cop, Ravinder Singal. Spending his own money to undertake these trips, he travels general class in trains, even squatting on the floor, while on his mission. His friends say he’s driven by a spark of compassion that catapults his otherwise mundane life to glory.

This year, eight girls went missing. Barring one, Khubalkar tracked down the other seven. “These women and girls were in the age-group of 18-80 and had to be tracked down from various cities, including Delhi, Agra, Ghaziabad, Prayagraj and Ujjain. My efforts ensured reunion with their family. Some had eloped, others left home after a tiff in the family, mental distress or even a reprimand by parents,” said Khubalkar, adding he brought back women who had left with children.

With govt allowances a pittance, Khubalkar said, “I hop onto unreserved train coaches and once travelled to Nagpur with a runaway girl and her friend on a general coach with barely space to stand. Often, I pay for their food and since I cannot afford much, I depend on snacks and cheap meals. There have been times when the family of missing persons would send their private vehicles to bring their children back home,” said Khubalkar, adding he gets support from the police cyber cell to track down missing persons.

“We trace locations on cell phones, analyse call details, zero in on the most called numbers and collect intelligence on the ground to track the missing,” said Khubalkar, adding women and girls are eloping with strangers after befriending them on dating apps.

Khubalkar, who has done 32 years in the force, was assigned the duty of tracing missing persons in May last year. He seemed to have taken the task to heart and carries a list of missing persons and their photographs with him, whether on duty or on leave.

“I was heading to Tekdi temple with my wife Kiran. On the way, I could spot an injured man on a footpath near Morris College T-point. And he turned out to be the one of the missing persons on my list. Immediately, I coordinated with my police station and got him reunited with his family. Humanity is my religion,” said Khubalkar, who was on cloud nine after being praised by the police boss.

Khubalkar has an eye for scanning the crowds on roads, footpaths, shrines, bus stops and railway stations, where missing persons are likely to be found. He doesn’t stop till he succeeds. “I get immense joy when I see happiness on the faces of reunited families,” he says.
The link:-

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../108660223.cms

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 22nd March 2024 at 12:35.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 21:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

A cop Mohammed Hadis of Nagpur, who is a police driver hopped on a scooter and gave a good chase to a cab to nab four women thieves, who belonged to an interstate gang, yesterday 07/04/24. The gang also comprised transgenders and men. The gang saw two of its male members get arrested by the police, during early hours the same morning and were planning to flee the city.

Hadis, the cop had also abandoned his early morning breakfast for Ramzan to undertake the noble job of arresting the gang. The gang had during the past days robbed ladies who came on cars to weekly markets in different localities, looting substantial cash and valuables.

The police team had reached the Nagpur railway station on a Bolero driven by Hadis to nab the gang members. Hadis was waiting near the Bolero, when a scooterist alerted him that four women had boarded a cab to flee. Hadis told the scooterist to take the pillion seat and drove his scooter chasing the cab. He intercepted the cab one km away from the railway station. The four women were nabbed thus. The cab was booked for Itarsi from where the gang of four intended to move to Delhi by train. The gang comprised six women, three males and two transgenders. Two men and four women have been arrested.

The news:-

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../109115867.cms

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 8th April 2024 at 21:50.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 07:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Kudos to these personnel from Maharashtra Police for feeding hungry persons.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=NnVzG8

(Video by Atul S. - it's on my FB page. Pls check if it is viewable, else can be deleted by Mods)

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 28th April 2024 at 07:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks