Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 10:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean's new documentary on Netflix

Myth & Mogul is a documentary series that delves into the controversial life of John DeLorean - the man behind the famous DeLorean coupe that featured in the 'Back to the Future' movies.

Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean's new documentary on Netflix-screenshot-20210817-103651.jpg

Directed and produced by Mike Connolly, the series includes interviews of some of the most influential people in John's life. These include his third wife, Christina Ferrare and son Zachary. Connolly has also taken inputs from Journalists Gail Sheehy and Ralph Nader as well as those who worked at his company.

DeLorean is credited for being the brain behind the Pontiac GTO. He left General Motors to set up his own car company in 1973, which came to be known as the DeLorean Motor Company (DMC).

The famous time machine from 'Back to the Future' was built from January 1981 to December 1982 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. A total of 9,000 cars were produced before DMC went bankrupt. The situation was so dire that John even resorted to cocaine trafficking to keep his company afloat.

This is the story of the rise and fall of John DeLorean - a charismatic engineer who set out to build the car of his dreams.

TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 13:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean's new documentary on Netflix

Seems like an interesting watch. Will definitely see it.
Old 18th August 2021, 12:26   #3

Ah! Back to the Future.. the car that kicked off.. (well after KnightRider..) my "I want that" thought process..

I wonder though, which would be more appealing IRL to most people here?? minus the "special features" from the movies/ show.
Old 19th August 2021, 10:21   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There have been a ton of John DeLorean movies & documentaries in the recent past. I've watched them all, and still went on to see this one. Primary reason = automotive movies / documentaries are so rare that whenever something releases, I immediately add it to my watchlist. Like throwing meat to a hungry tiger .

Happy to report that this one offers something different. There is a LOT of previously unseen historical footage & the storytelling style is top class . I strongly recommend a watch to BHPians.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks