Team-BHP - Recommended water purifier?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Recommended water purifier? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/24222-recommended-water-purifier-11.html)

Planning to go for Kent Grand RO+UV water purifier.
Any info on the following will help.
1. Maintenance costs - parts replacement and AMC
2. Good dealer to buy and Service in Bangalore

Had to drop earlier plans due to various reasons & now thinking about it again. The problems are:

1. Our apartment does not have fresh water supply...
2. I am tired of drinking can water knowing that its not clean enough. Every time the water has a different taste. Kent guy claims it to be from kormangla taalaab.

I earlier did a TDS test of normal tap water in the kitchen (borewell i think) & the TDS number was 900+.

What should i do to get clean drinking water:
1. Get a high-end model water purifier to be fitted to normal tap water?
OR
2. Order bisleri 20lts can from their website - assuming they will deliver it without tampering?
3. Dont see any option here.

Hi,
I have a bit different requirement. the Municipality water is bad, dirty. during water scarcity, society orders local tankers, quality is even worst; filled in basement tank, eventually pumped to overhead tank and supplied to individual flats. If I fill a bucket of this water for few hours, could see 'muddy' deposits on the bottom. I cant get my house's overhead tank cleaned every month. I have a AquaGuard running fine since 7-8 years for drinking/cooking purposes (this upgrade is not urgent to talk about). But the direct dirty water is used for bathing etc which is a very big concern to me, especially in monsoon like season.

I tried small cheapo filter and even cloth tied on the tap, but not of much use.

has anybody come across filter, which could be attached to taps in bathroom ?

thanks,
Pranav

@quadra,
I would suggest you go for RO+UV water purifier. You can get clean water any time and works out cheaper than Bisleri, considering the amount of water used for cooking and drinking. One more advantage is that you are sure that clean water is available all the time. Delivery of Bisleri cans suffers when there is a transport strike or the delivery boy isnt available....

@Pranav,
Check out ZeroB Multigrade filter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadra (Post 2470451)
Had to drop earlier plans due to various reasons & now thinking about it again. The problems are:

1. Our apartment does not have fresh water supply...
2. I am tired of drinking can water knowing that its not clean enough. Every time the water has a different taste. Kent guy claims it to be from kormangla taalaab.

I earlier did a TDS test of normal tap water in the kitchen (borewell i think) & the TDS number was 900+.

What should i do to get clean drinking water:
1. Get a high-end model water purifier to be fitted to normal tap water?
OR
2. Order bisleri 20lts can from their website - assuming they will deliver it without tampering?
3. Dont see any option here.

If the TDS level is 900+ you need a RO water purifier. This water is not suitable for consumption (cooking and drinking). Hence your option is to buy an RO water purifier. A 20 Litre can will last only 2 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pallavi (Post 2470728)
@quadra,
I would suggest you go for RO+UV water purifier. You can get clean water any time and works out cheaper than Bisleri, considering the amount of water used for cooking and drinking. One more advantage is that you are sure that clean water is available all the time. Delivery of Bisleri cans suffers when there is a transport strike or the delivery boy isnt available....

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodpk (Post 2470844)
If the TDS level is 900+ you need a RO water purifier. This water is not suitable for consumption (cooking and drinking). Hence your option is to buy an RO water purifier. A 20 Litre can will last only 2 days.

Thanks Pallavi & Pramod. A known is using kent grand+ connected to regular tap water so i am inclined towards this model. And since this model allows to control the TDS, he has set it to 100.

BTW, what are you guys using for drinking water?

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadra (Post 2470857)
Thanks Pallavi & Pramod. A known is using kent grand+ connected to regular tap water so i am inclined towards this model. And since this model allows to control the TDS, he has set it to 100.

BTW, what are you guys using for drinking water?

I am using a Kent Grand ( RO + UV) water purifier for the past 1 year.

We have been using a local make 6-stage RO purifier (Aqua Excellz) since 3+ years. They service the purifier (clean the filters & check water inlet/outlet) every 4 months. If you take their AMC, they change all the filters once every year. The purifier costs much less than Kent or AquaGuard. The TDS levels of purfied water have always been around 60.

We have purchased a TDS indicator to make sure that guy is not showing wrong TDS numbers when he comes for servicing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pallavi (Post 2470728)
---
@Pranav,
Check out ZeroB Multigrade filter.

Hello Pallavi,
thanks. I had read about this, but it says only of filter element, not the entire unit.
Even I spoke to Kent for their TapGuard (KENT RO) - but they didnt recomment for my specific requirement. I have been speaking to few local mfgs and would update about the developments.

FYI - came across AR WATER FILTERS - I have just put an e-inquiry.

thanks,
Pranav

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2456478)
I am extremely satisfied with EcoCrystal RO Elite version of water purifier.

How much it costed you?
Can you please share their contact details? Contact Us page is not loading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blorebuddy (Post 2521871)
How much it costed you?
Can you please share their contact details? Contact Us page is not loading.

It cost me around 11.5K 2 years back. Absolutely satisfied with it. Here is contact details.

Ecocrystal Private Limited
Survey no : 114,
Site no: 115 / 116,
Rajapalya, Hoodigarden,
Whitefield Road,
Mahadevapura Post,
Bangalore - 560048
Karnataka
INDIA

Tel: +91-80-28416952
+91-80-28416953
Fax: +91-80-28416953
E-mail: info@ecocrystal.in

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pallavi (Post 2470871)
We have been using a local make 6-stage RO purifier (Aqua Excellz) since 3+ years. They service the purifier (clean the filters & check water inlet/outlet) every 4 months. If you take their AMC, they change all the filters once every year. The purifier costs much less than Kent or AquaGuard. The TDS levels of purfied water have always been around 60.

We have purchased a TDS indicator to make sure that guy is not showing wrong TDS numbers when he comes for servicing.

Pallavi, is their website, .:: aquaexcell.co.in ::. ? Which model are you using? Do they change RO membrane also as part of the AMC or is that an additional cost?
Which TDS indicator are you using and is it available in Bangalore?

Sorry for multiple questions.
I also am looking for a RO purifier and a TDS meter. I am in discussions with Morf India, regarding the purifier. They charge extra for RO membrane change.
I saw few TDS meter models from HM Digital on the net. Not sure whether they are avilable in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skaja (Post 2528063)
Pallavi, is their website, .:: aquaexcell.co.in ::. ? Which model are you using? Do they change RO membrane also as part of the AMC or is that an additional cost?
Which TDS indicator are you using and is it available in Bangalore?

Sorry for multiple questions.
I also am looking for a RO purifier and a TDS meter. I am in discussions with Morf India, regarding the purifier. They charge extra for RO membrane change.
I saw few TDS meter models from HM Digital on the net. Not sure whether they are avilable in India.

Yes, thats their website. We are using Crystal Dew.

There are different types of AMCs. You can opt for the one suited for you. We have taken an all inclusive AMC, which covers filters & RO membrane.

My husband purchased the TDS indicator online. I need to check the bill for the site info.

Please drop a PM if you have any queries.

Thanks, Pallavi.
I decided on Morf. Looks like the HM TDS-3 meter is available in India. Checking the prices.

Hi,

question for owners of Kent water purifier. does it really cost Rs 5000 per year for AMC. this is the rate quoted by Jaya Nagar, Bangalore center