Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 21:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My experience in pre-ordering a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 from Flipkart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Will post a proper review on the Android phone subtopic in our forum soon. This brings my Flipkart Smartphone fiasco to a close.
Congratulations once again Wade on finally getting your Galaxy Z Fold 3 and sharing your first impressions. Look forward to your in-depth review a bit later as well.

Since this is a niche product from Samsung and the Android world, perhaps you could post your in-depth review on this thread itself. Others who own this particular model can share their experiences here as well. This will avoid the reviews for this model getting lost in the other thread.

This is subject to our Moderator approval
of course. They could rename this thread to read as “Flipkart Pre-Order Experience and Ownership Review of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3” if they deem it fit.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 22:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations once again Wade on finally getting your Galaxy Z Fold 3 ... Since this is a niche product from Samsung and the Android world, perhaps you could post your in-depth review on this thread itself. Others who own this particular model can share their experiences here as well. This will avoid the reviews for this model getting lost in the other thread.

This is subject to our Moderator approval
of course.
Hiya Cyborg, thank you so much Also that's an excellent idea. Will be posting my full review here instead for better visibility and also other Fold and Flip owners can contribute with their reviews as well, if mods approve.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 22:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Hiya Cyborg, thank you so much. Also that's an excellent idea. Will be posting my full review here instead for better visibility and also other Fold and Flip owners can contribute with their reviews as well, if mods approve.
Sounds good Wade, I have already reported my earlier post to the Moderator team. If they approve and amend the title we can proceed this way or post your in-depth review on the Android thread as you mentioned earlier.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 22:55   #34
BHPian

Its amazing to see someone else so passionate to get his hands on latest tech. Congrats on new purchase, I am sure it was worth the wait.

Btw why would you not use Amazon to preorder or Samsung website directly? What motivated you to use Flipkart?
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 08:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Its amazing to see someone else so passionate to get his hands on latest tech. Congrats on new purchase, I am sure it was worth the wait.

Btw why would you not use Amazon to preorder or Samsung website directly? What motivated you to use Flipkart?
Hi there heydj, thank you. What motivated me to use Flipkart was the fact that I used to always purchase my phone's and tablets from there. Earlier Amazon did not have shipping to my location whereas Flipkart did and I didn't feel the need to change that since I'd been purchasing all my gadgets from them.

Regarding Samsung Online Store, I didn't want to use it because I never purchased from there before and I wasn't sure of the quality of Customer Care if my orders would get delayed. I did order the Fold S-Pen on the 26th of August and now despite being a month they still haven't shipped. I tried to contact customer care but can never seem to reach a human over there. So those were the reasons, however, I guess even familiar sites can disappoint you, I deleted the Flipkart app and deactivated my account. Will be purchasing from offline majority of the time now, especially for tech like this since online shopping sites are a gamble to use.
Old 27th September 2021, 16:06   #36
BHPian

Overall Fold 3 had delivery issues. I ordered it from the Samsung website and was promised the cover + Pen + 1-year insurance. The phone was delivered on the 10th but cover + Pen + 1-year insurance are not even shipped.

Samsung website service itself is more or equally pathetic as Flipkart.

On the other side:- The fold 3 is fantastic when used with watch and good earbuds. My laptop use is reduced by 80%, kindle became obsolete. The new Dex can help to connect many screens wirelessly.
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 22:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Overall Fold 3 had delivery issues. I ordered it from the Samsung website and was promised the cover + Pen + 1-year insurance. The phone was delivered on the 10th but cover + Pen + 1-year insurance are not even shipped.
Yes, Samsung didn't quite anticipate that there would be such a high demand for the Fold this time around and what with the semiconductor shortage, Samsung is having a hard time fulfilling orders. Nevertheless, I'm happy you got your Fold 3 on time. I didn't get my S-Pen either and regarding SamsungCare+, did you get the code? You can check in the MyGalaxy app and enter the code if you've received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
On the other side:- The fold 3 is fantastic when used with watch and good earbuds. My laptop use is reduced by 80%, kindle became obsolete. The new Dex can help to connect many screens wirelessly.
No doubt about it, I haven't used my iPad Pro ever since I started using the Fold. Hope Samsung sticks to their word and provide us with a constant and steady stream of regular updates. Have you written a review for the device? Do post, would love to read your detailed thoughts on the device

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks