Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 18:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Government's signals on PSU divestment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrasin_selvan View Post
That said, I believe the govt should still hold a minimum minority stake in these divested PSUs. This Stake can create Profit for the government in the foreseeable future.
I feel this would be a good idea too. A non controlling stake in the company could be lucrative for the govt too. That way if the company turns around the govt benefits too. The non controlling stake will ensure that the govt doesnt interfere too much.

For the opponents of PSU disinvestment - It takes just one bad apple at the top to ruin the PSU. One wrong minister ordering multiple planes which were not needed and giving away route rights ensured Air india got killed.

In karnataka our KSRTC(Original) buses have won a lot of awards on the best maintained and operated buses for years. Suddenly this year news is coming out that the Organization is broke!! I have no idea how and why the govt is able to manage to dig themself to such a hole.

To beat it, bus drivers usually are given like a couple of 100 bucks to perform Ayudha puja. This year that did not happen as there is no money even for a puja once a year.

Lastly in a PSU the amount of regional politics and you kiss me and i will kiss you happens is ridiculous. Transfers for people who question a senior is routine and people are expected to know their place, or else..
Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 08:53   #32
BHPian

Re: Government's signals on PSU divestment

The funniest thing about this whole thread is everybody here is acting as if the divestment strategies being pursued by this govt is because of some robust ideological changes at the top, as if the ruling coalition has been recently reading Ayn rand or Milton Friedman or something. Whereas the actual most likely factor why divestment is being pursued is because the Central Govt is facing credit crunch and is in desperate need of funds. It doesn't matter what the FM or the PM believes at this point. When you don't have money, you just don't have money. I guess we can all be just happy they didn't go full Venezuela.
nakul0888 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks