Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
best way is to stop using these online friends sites. go out socialize and make REAL friends not virtual. i keep in contact with old friends thru phone, email, messenger etc. why would i put up what i like to eat and my pictures online?
call me old fashioned, but i hate okrut, hi5, facebook etc.
I agree. I have seen a few colleagues of mine spending their entire day in Orkut, browsing through friends profiles and seeing scrapbooks. I seriously dont understand the point. Most of them have fake information. They would have mentioned things they never did, or countries they never visited The only advantage is that you can bump in a few words once in a while to the 'not so close friends' so that they are atleast in touch.
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:18   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have seen a few colleagues of mine spending their entire day in Orkut, browsing through friends profiles and seeing scrapbooks.
darn! That sounds oh so familiar to me! I guess some people prefer virtual to real!
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:43   #18
BHPian

Its become a craze actually. Mostly, kids right out of college are glued to it.

But, it makes a lot of sense to have your profile on Orkut. I caught up with countless friends from school which would have not been possible otherwise.
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Its become a craze actually. Mostly, kids right out of college are glued to it.

But, it makes a lot of sense to have your profile on Orkut. I caught up with countless friends from school which would have not been possible otherwise.
even i have found friends from school and college, some of them whom i havent had met for ages.

and orkut does have a facility to add somebody as your friend so it is ur choice whether you accept him/her or not. secondly scrap book is not meant for personal discussions. so it is entirely your choice what you write out there.

Mansi
Old 2nd June 2007, 13:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well even i found some of friends who are permanently settled in US and other countries. And i think there is no harm in making new friends. Lemme give you an example cheap_deal.

T-Bhp is a community a niche community right. I met Manikjeet (tbhpian) through this community. I may have seen him around alot of times but we never knew each other. Seen his car trillion of times and he may have seen me too at times but we met and talked via T BHP only.

So networking has its own pros and cons.
Old 2nd June 2007, 14:03   #21
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Every thing has Bad Sides and good sides..

People always want to be like somebody...
You must have seen many people who act like Stars...
People like me act like designers..and the list continues..

I think we need to Avoid such things,,,
If it really creates a problem then we should do something..
Let that guy boost about saying he owns the Baracuda..It may be his fantasy which he is try to fullfill in the virtual world..
Like I do making modded cars virtually..

But Yes sometimes these little things hurt.,,
I have seen some people using my car pics as their avtaar,,,or in their profiles,,Even when I dont know them..
And the answer I get is I liked it so used it...
Old 2nd June 2007, 14:05   #22
BHPian

same here it depends say from team bhp i have met some real nice guys from bangalore the members.
Old 2nd June 2007, 15:55   #23
BHPian

I truely accept that everything has both the good side and the negative side, just like a coin. And orkut is a menace if you look at it in one aspect. Talking to unknown faces which are nothing more than timepass and wont help you in any way. But on the positive aspect, you get to meet old lost buddies, I met around 50 school friends thanks to orkut and hi5. Got new friends too, same interests or interesting people. Its finally how you accept it that counts.
Old 20th August 2007, 23:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Another fake profile related murder.
The killer: A man with a fake profile of a girl (Angel)
The victim: Adnan Patrawala from Mumbai

Killer's profile:
http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?ui...47988130356887

Victim's profile:
http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?ui...49575654797975
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Rudra da's AMBY

OFF TOPIC:

the following person at orkut claims Rudra da's AMBY to be his own.

see here: http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?ui...35666061244955

i have posted a scrap that he should delete the pic ASAP. i have also informed Rudra da through PM - also posted a scrap in Dippy's SB @ orkut.

Rudra da called me a few minutes back - checked that profile and said that the pic of the car is actually his (rudra da's).

@ guys - just make sure that he is blasted with scraps from all of us

Last edited by planet_rocker : 3rd September 2007 at 11:05.
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Forget about fake people on the internet, theres fake people in the flesh too !! Lol
He He! I had come across some monkeys like that, some dude came up and asked me whose car I was driving when he saw my Zen, I said it was mine, then he said no it seems some Mr X Reddy claims it's his car. Then I said there are many modded zens in bangalore, he must have made a mistake, then he says no he was sure, he remembers the car and said the car has a fiberglass Setup in the boot, then I was puzzled. On asking where Mr Reddy showed him the car, he said in Pai Viceroy parking lot. I used to go there to meet a friend often as it is close to JC road, and I had a hearty laugh, and our man was disappointed at first and then he laughed too.
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:51   #27
Awaiting Email Confirmation

this epidemic is international guys log onto d series forums or so many other racing community forums and you'd be surprised at the number of people who claim they own bnr34 skylines and stuff.and yeah orkut for one thing has no positives from my point of view..no offense to users guys.
Old 3rd October 2007, 01:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Orkut does have its positives,and negatives. Its good,since it helps reconnect with long lost friends. It can be a pain, since a bunch of morons (also read as desperate) always choose to peek into your significant other's/spouse's profile and then try to become friends..

the best pharases used.. 'haaii...you be my fraand'? or.. ' can i have your franships?'

beats me!

I hate those fake profiles, and whenever i get a chance,i report them to the adminstrator.doubt if anything's actually done about it,though.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2007 at 10:15. Reason: Please dont abuse (indirectly or indirectly). Thanks
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post

the best pharases used.. 'haaii...you be my fraand'? or.. ' can i have your franships?'
ha ha ha, and there are a few who keep asking "how are you" twice a day totally ignoring scraps in their own scrapbook explaining how they have been a a pain in the butt since day 1.

reminds me of a certain "friend" who used to scrap booby brazilians girls and after a week or so, used to put a marriage proposal forward to each. there were times it felt really embarrassing as an indian.
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:09   #30
Awaiting Email Confirmation

whats funny is that even though you feel that you can get connected to long lost friends whats the point of putting your personal information on the net???especially pictures and then women complain of things like photoshopped images and blah blah..how he used my picture to blah ...well I'd say keep your information personal and you wanna find old friends try finding your school or college alumni...coz nothings worth more than your privacy and identity period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks