Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2022, 21:34   #1
BHPian

Shane Warne passes away at 52

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indiane...-7801420/lite/

Shane Warne, Australian legend passes away at 52 of a suspected Heart Attack.

Really saddened to hear, in fact I was shocked. IPL and other Franchise cricket leagues has brought the world cricketing fraternity very close. Felt like someone our own left. My Condolences to his family. RIP Shane Warne.
dsuman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 22:14   #2
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shane Warne passes away at 52

What a crazy day. Earlier in the day, former Aussie wicketkeeper Rod Marsh passed away and now we hear about Shane Warne!

Two great cricketers lost on the same day
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 22:19   #3
AZT
BHPian

Sad day for the cricketing world. Rest in Peace King.
Old 4th March 2022, 22:27   #4
BHPian

Not being a cricket fan, I rarely watched the sport during my growing up years.
But I do remember the duels between Sachin and Warne which my late dad used watch with such interest and enthusiasm, eventually me watching with him and only one thing in mind - "how did that ball spin so much!"

May God spin the blessings toward his soul, and strength to his family.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 23:17   #5
BHPian

RIP Warney! Sharing two of his memorable dismissals.

catchjyoti is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 00:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
What a crazy day. Earlier in the day, former Aussie wicketkeeper Rod Marsh passed away and now we hear about Shane Warne!

Two great cricketers lost on the same day
Warne had just tweeted about Rod Marsh hours before he died himself. 52 is way too young. He will be remembered as one of the greatest leg spinners of all time. RIP Warne!
GutsyGibbon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 00:39   #7
BHPian

To us kids who idolized him while growing up, copying his bowling action and learning by watching his videos on ESPN and Star sports, it's a gut wrenching shocker.

To not be able to see Warney in future cricketing events will take time to digest. It's the second time emotions overwhelmed me today. Cried the day when Sachin took retirement from cricket.

Players like Warne, Sachin, McGrath, Lara, Kapil were the ones who were responsible for making us kids dream, play and love the game. Just like his audacious ways of getting wickets creating disbelief, the king chose same ways to go away.

Rest in peace Shane Warne, the greatest spinner we were privileged to see in action!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Shane Warne passes away at 52-20220305_002111.jpg  

headbanger is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 01:59   #8
BHPian

For us 90s kids he is the one who made spin sexy..

Me being a heavy kid and a slow runner who had no hope of being a wasim/waqar/ambrose his was a very easy action to imitate.

He is probably the first cricketer who's loss feels very very personal.

RIP
anandhsub is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 08:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Shane Warne was one of my favourite cricketers. It's yet to sink in for me that he's no more. I've followed him pretty closely over the years and was lucky to see him in action on few occassions. He was one of those rare greats who had no qualms in revealing his trade secrets to his contemporaries and rookies alike. His duels with the likes of Sachin, Dravid, VVS, Lara, Kallis were a treat to watch for test connoisseurs. The lesser mortals were always bamboozled by his wide repertoire of tricks - leg breaks, the googlies, sliders, flippers, top spinners et al. He always took the mickey out of SA batter Darryl Cullinan. It was fun to watch him all at sea against Warney. The "ball of the century" was the one most talked about.

He would've made for a great Aussie captain too with his sharp cricketing acumen, which was on display as he led Rajasthan Royals to the title in the inaugural edition of IPL with a relatively inexperienced side filled with some newcomers as well. He was one of my favourite commentators too, he never minced words behind the mike. His perspectives and match analysis were as fascinating as the matches itself. He still had a lot to give it to the game, gone too soon. A massive loss to the world of cricket.

RIP spin sorcerer, you'll be missed.

Here's a tribute to Warney.

Source : inshorts
Attached Thumbnails
Shane Warne passes away at 52-0_inshorts_0.jpg  

Shane Warne passes away at 52-1_inshorts_1.jpg  

Shane Warne passes away at 52-2_inshorts_2.jpg  

Shane Warne passes away at 52-3_inshorts_3.jpg  

Shane Warne passes away at 52-4_inshorts_4.jpg  

Shane Warne passes away at 52-5_inshorts_5.jpg  

Shane Warne passes away at 52-6_inshorts_6.jpg  

Shane Warne passes away at 52-7_inshorts_7.jpg  

Shane Warne passes away at 52-8_inshorts_8.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 5th March 2022 at 08:27.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 13:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
For us 90s kids he is the one who made spin sexy..

Me being a heavy kid and a slow runner who had no hope of being a wasim/waqar/ambrose his was a very easy action to imitate.

He is probably the first cricketer who's loss feels very very personal.

RIP
Touched a nerve there, buddy. Extremely dangerous how what you said resonates word to word with me.

Those legendary matches between Jayasuriya and fast bowlers, between Imran and Waqar and the best batsmen, Sachin and Warne, Mcgrath and Walsh, Azhar and Murli..

Deeply saddened by the passing of this legend who on any day would set the heart racing for the opponents as well as his own teams. I remember trembling during the match when Mcgrath was brought on when Jadega wouldn't give up in 1999.

Legend, Lost, so shall we all, sadly.
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 13:57   #11
BHPian

I remember the debut test of Warne against India at Sydney 1992. It was not a memorable outing for him as Indians drew the test and generally played spin well. Ravi Shastri scored a double ton and hit many sixes off Warne. Nevertheless he was an interesting cricketer who went on the become the legend of the game. There are many famous spells of his from the Ashes to the 1999 WC Semis v SAF. As I am from Chennai I remember well the test match at Chepauk 1998 when Sachin and Warne had that superb duel. Sachin use to step out of his leg stump to counter Warne's spin it was very interesting to watch.

Aussies are known to be ruthless players Warne was the affable one among them and very approachable as he imparted his knowledge to many young cricketers in India and other countries.

Gone too soon Go well Warnie!
sameer sultan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 14:42   #12
BHPian

Statistically he might be the second best, but in my books Warney is the greatest ever. His spin wizardry is unparalleled, some of his spells were just magical!
King of Spin, may your soul RIP.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 14:49   #13
Team-BHP Support

I remember (I think) watching his debut in SCG where Ravi Shastri scored his double hundred. The way he turned, was really something which stuck with me.

And of course that ball to Gatting..

RIP
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 15:03   #14
BHPian

To me he is the greatest spinner ever to grace the game, while other greats can be called one of the greatest spinners.

His loss seems very personal. While Michael Jackson’s death shook me, this is the second famous person’s death I mourn.

That wrist is god’s.

Rest in peace Shane Keith Warne
zeus_700 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 17:54   #15
BHPian

For me, he has been the greatest spinner ever. O those magical spins, haven't seen the likes of them ever since. You'll be fondly remembered 'The King of Spin'. Om Shanti!
Herschey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks