Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 08:16   #31

Re: How many Ola Customer Support executives does it take to resolve a simple query? 7 and counting

Similar experiences with Ola. Their customer services are almost non existent. Uber slightly better in this regard. Have stopped using OLA now and shifted to Local cabs/Uber
Old 3rd April 2022, 17:12   #32
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How many Ola Customer Support executives does it take to resolve a simple query? 7 and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramukaka View Post
Similar experiences with Ola. Their customer services are almost non existent. Uber slightly better in this regard. Have stopped using OLA now and shifted to Local cabs/Uber
Same here Ramukaka, I have already uninstalled the app.

The latest update is now they (or their bots) have stopped acknowledging my emails and are not responding even with the 72 hours timeline.

I am not on Twitter, so will not bother to take this forward. I have dropped them a final note that I will not be sending any more reminders to them.

I cant imagine how many more pending dues Ola is claiming to be pending from its list of users. A company which has no control over it's drivers or its Customer Support will not sustain in the long run.
Old 3rd April 2022, 22:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
i sat with the mobile to see a mail about Ola post paid pop in my mailbox.
Just 15 minutes back, i paid up the dues of Ola post paid as well and promptly logged off Ola never to use it again.
Hi. Ola postpaid is not a simple thing. It's a credit line/loan account. Please close it properly and then get a confirmation. Otherwise it's an outstanding loan in your name and will have an adverse effect on your credit score.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 08:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
Hi. Ola postpaid is not a simple thing. It's a credit line/loan account. Please close it properly and then get a confirmation. Otherwise it's an outstanding loan in your name and will have an adverse effect on your credit score.
Thank you very much for pointing this out. I have logged in again to see if anything shows as due. Fortunately it does not. Have taken a screenshot of the screen saying dues paid as on 29th Mar. I do not recall getting a mail notification about closure of the dues though. So will have to do with this screenshot.
Old 5th April 2022, 07:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Have taken a screenshot of the screen saying dues paid as on 29th Mar. I do not recall getting a mail notification about closure of the dues though. So will have to do with this screenshot.
Hi. The account is still open as you only paid the dues but didn't close it. It this was a credit card then the story would end here and there would be no issues for you. However as this is a "postpaid" account the story doesn't end here. The loan account is still open. Ola opened a loan account in your name when you signed up for the postpaid facility. You need to get it closed as the loan partners keep on changing resulting a further dip in your score. A mere screenshot is not sufficient. A formal request to the customer care via e-mail is required for account closure. This is for any "Buy now pay later" scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
How many Ola Customer Support executives does it take to resolve a simple query? 7 and counting-screenshot_20220405072957.png  

Last edited by NG_EV : 5th April 2022 at 07:32. Reason: attachment
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 04:01   #36
BHPian

Hi quick update.

After I posted about my ordeal about Ola here, I received an update from Ola. They cleared my previous balance and the account is good to go.

Small correction is that they didn’t waive off my balance (since I already paid it) but instead, corrected it few years later.
Old 4th May 2022, 08:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
Hi quick update.

After I posted about my ordeal about Ola here, I received an update from Ola. They cleared my previous balance and the account is good to go.

Small correction is that they didn’t waive off my balance (since I already paid it) but instead, corrected it few years later.
Happy to hear that. Some resolution, though delayed by years. Ola is now floundering. No enforcement on cancellation by drivers after asking for destination, shabbily kept cars. Have faced this cancellation issue at the IGI Ola pickup point last week. Three cabs cancelled. After the first cancellation, made the Ola representative at the pickup point speak to the next two cab drivers, still they cancelled, just standing in the parking, but not moving.

Booked Uber, as the pickup point was just 5 meters away. Got the cab in the first attempt. Not even a single question from the Uber driver on destination or any other query.
Old 4th May 2022, 10:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post

Booked Uber
Got the cab in the first attempt. Not even a single question from the Uber driver on destination or any other query.
Uber has now enabled the feature of drivers knowing the destination before trip confirmation. It is for some drivers only as for now (told to me a driver few weeks back, I saw the new ride request after my ride ended). This should reduce the cancellation rates as sometimes drivers told that even for the last trip of their shift, they are given trips of opposite of the desired area (Drivers can set the broad area in which they want to go).
Old 7th June 2022, 20:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I usually do not like to post grievances online but I guess Ola Customer Support has taken it too far now.

I have had a lot of good and not so good experience with Customer Support across various services - Internet Services Providers, Banks, Consumer Stores etc. But the Ola Customer Support takes the cake.
Oh man! You just hit a nerve here. Their customer service is not upto the mark, not even satisfactory.

My incident happened in early April. My sibling called in saying the data connection was weak, so please pay the driver through UPI. Immediately, I paid through UPI. UPI came up with "Processing page" which basically meant - the transaction is processing, you cannot do anything now. The amount could be transferred to him or it could be refunded back to my account, but I couldn't do anything.

Since it was processing, I thought it'll eventually fail and amount would be refunded back to my account. So I paid through Paytm and money was transferred to his account.

Now here is where the problem arose. After a while, processing transaction changed to Successful. I called up the driver and he said he hasn't received anything, and there was only one successful payment from my side according to him. Annoyed, I started looking up ways to raise an issue.

Tried their support mail on 6th April, which wasn't of much help. DM'd them details with screenshots of payments on twitter which they initially read and opened a support ticket on their app without any notification. After few days when I opened their app to raise a ticket I saw the ticket which was closed since I did not reply on time - the reply they were asking was payment screenshots, which I had already sent on Twitter.

Then again I sent mail on 20th April to their support team but no response again. No reply on Twitter either. Somehow got their helpline number and magically in the first try I got to a customer executive without much delay. Narrated the story again, and she opened a new support ticket to again attach all screenshots.

Immediately without any delay, I attached and submitted all on their app. Now many of you would be wondering why I did not just opt for their drop down option of overcharging by driver? Well, that option does not consider this double payment scenario.

Then they might have verified and found my claim to be true so asked my account details for a refund which I did provide them then and there itself. For weeks I did not receive any acknowledgement from their side. On 30th April, received a message on the same ticket which informed refund would be processed in 10 days.

How many Ola Customer Support executives does it take to resolve a simple query? 7 and counting-1.jpg

This Whole saga to reach them took a month just because I could not reach any executive anyhow. I tried their Twitter, same reply every time but now they have stopped replying. Emails to their customer support were just useless. No reply not even an acknowledgement of mail received.

It's been almost two months. They have closed my ticket and they have my account details but still haven't processed the refund. Now I don't even know how to contact them since they've stopped responding to my twitter DM's, mailing is futile and call cannot be connected.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 22:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for pointing this out. I have logged in again to see if anything shows as due. Fortunately it does not. Have taken a screenshot of the screen saying dues paid as on 29th Mar. I do not recall getting a mail notification about closure of the dues though. So will have to do with this screenshot.
An update regarding this. Just came to know that you need a NOC or a closure letter from any BNPL to get the account officially closed. Even after that the loan account is open and reflected in the CIBIL/Experian reports after many months. Please check these too otherwise it may damage the credit score in long term.
Old 28th June 2022, 13:04   #41
BHPian

Thank you for the update. Trying to do this is major pain with Ola. Got fed up first time around. Tried again today and this is what the have to say.
How many Ola Customer Support executives does it take to resolve a simple query? 7 and counting-screenshot_20220628130013.jpg
Old 29th June 2022, 06:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the update. Trying to do this is major pain with Ola. Got fed up first time around. Tried again today and this is what the have to say.
Check your credit score in CIBIL/Experian for any loans that you do not recognise. Its very difficult to get these accounts closed. Inactive and closed are not the same thing. They give various excuses and most of them are even unaware of how this system works. They want you to activate the account and then ask for closure. BNPL is quite the headache.

Last edited by NG_EV : 29th June 2022 at 06:44.
Old 1st August 2022, 10:26   #43
BHPian

Is it only with me or people in Chennai are facing issue in booking an Ola or Uber? It takes more than one hour to book a cab/auto/bike and once booked reaching time is not less than 10-15 minutes and even if driver is allotted they ask for drop location, amount we got and ask excess from 50-150 bucks. My office is just 3 km away and still no one turn up, the charges however are surged, sometimes 350-400 for 3.2km ride. Seems like they are exploiting existing customers since there is no other convenient public transport available in the city. In the attached image driver accepted the ride and went on his own way waiting to see what happens if I do not cancel it from my end.
Attached Thumbnails
How many Ola Customer Support executives does it take to resolve a simple query? 7 and counting-screenshot_20220801100628971_com.olacabs.customer.jpg  

How many Ola Customer Support executives does it take to resolve a simple query? 7 and counting-screenshot_20220801095752125_com.olacabs.customer.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks