Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2022, 09:21   #16

Re: The Undertaker inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

It's an end of an era, for me Undertaker and HHH have been on top of my list. My all time favourites. This year we saw Undertaker inducted in Hall of Fame and HHH hung his boots.

My first gmail id that I created was adi.deadman, yes that's how much I was obsessed with him. This man has given our generation countless memories to live on.

As he said 'Never say never'. He truly deserved each and every standing ovation he got.
Old 6th April 2022, 09:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB10 View Post
Yes, you are correct. However, didn't watch him wrestle in Generation 1 and majority of Generation2. Hence I said that that Gen 3 was the best
Trust me, Generation 1 was the best (because the show was so much ahead of the era), this was a time when Indians had to import white goods.

I am from Generation 2, where Ten sports was useful for one program only, WWF. The Rock, Austin, HHH, Undertaker, Kane were showmen of the highest quality every.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:11   #18
BHPian

Gawd I feel like a Fossil in this group!

I still remember the first Intro of Undertaker, which was soon followed by Paul Bearer carrying the Urn.

I have been following him since then! He used to were stupid Purple gloves, but I loved him nonetheless. There was something enigmatic about him, even if you overlook the supernatural mumbo-jumbo.

And the guy is a supreme athlete, which is borne by his longivity.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:30   #19
Mik
BHPian

The news around his Hall of Fame induction replugged me into the WWE programming over the last few days. The Wrestle Mania was immensely watchable for the fan service they did with Stone Cold, Edge winning, Mr McMahon and ofcourse Taker.

I loved how he started his speech by saying that he could have taken his gimmick/character to the grave, but it would be disrespectful to the fans. So he broke character and took us through his life and the lessons he learned. What a professional!
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:39   #20
BHPian

Wrestling will never be same as before without the style, charisma and sheer power of The Undertaker. He made WWE a household name.
With exit of Sachin and legends like Sehwag, Dravid, Laxman and Dada I lost interest in cricket.
Same thing happened with wrestling, we will miss Undertaker, Kane, HHH, Goldberg, Rock, Stone Cold and many more.
I am ready to rewind my school and college days for these legends.
livetodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 17:03   #21
BHPian

Thanks Prashanth for starting this beautiful thread. Lots of mid school memories. I used to watch WWE at evenings on Ten Sports few years back. When it was WWF it used to be telecasted in star network.

My best memory was we used to play cards with stat’s from WWE players, you get The Undertaker we always used to mention height 7.1 and win all cards.

Following are the rumours on undertaker at school

1) Undertaker is a dead man
2) He died many times and every night he sleeps in a graveyard
3) He has dark powers
4) We will die if people make a direct eye contact
4) Undertaker drinks blood.

Yes yes, most of these are too childish. I was in Grade 6-7 when all these rumours were discussed in all friends circles.

The Undertaker is a legend. He always carried some aura which is intimidating and secretive.
VALLURIS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 17:08   #22
BHPian

A real legend and seems like a very humble person and thorough professional. The episode of Joe Rogan featuring The Undertaker is one of my favorite. Talks about his humble journey, trials, success, dedication and myriad of serious injuries accumulated along the way. Here's a clip. I'd recommend watching/listening the entire episode on Spotify.

Old 6th April 2022, 20:01   #23
BHPian

The bell will not ring again!!!!

I remember it was around 1991-92 when the cable tv started to find homes and star tv was the most famous package including star sports and star movies; the only English movie channel then. We were in 6th-7th and as the cable tv was a special affair that time; I came to know about this WWF thing (now called WWE) from one of my cousin brothers all of a sudden on a Sunday evening when I went to his house to play with him and other childhood friends.

The first name came from his mouth was The Undertaker who has a master and his soul is in a jar; followed by few other favorites like Brave Hitman Hart, Shwan Micheals, Stone cold Steve Austin, Yoko Zuna etc.

When I watched it for the first time I immediately came to know its all fixed at that moment itself.
But when I watched first fight of The Undertaker; boy I was scared. His entry used to be in a coffin carried by few men later changed to on a Harley Davidson Chopper and what not.

The most famous rumor was he died seven times and came again.

He with Austin and The Rock who kept me involved in this circus.

I believe he has lived his life as Undertaker at this very moment which makes him differ than other wrestlers.

Would love to see him fight again; putting the opponent down; throwing his hair in air and pulling his eyeballs up making eyes white and I will be scared again.

Thanks Mark for such a different experience in life.

The Charisma named Undertaker is retired!!

I wish him good luck and a peaceful life after his official retirement.

Cheers.
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 22:04   #24
BHPian

My all time favourite Trump card. Although I stopped following WWE during college (when I realised all fights are staged), these guys will forever remain etched as part of our childhood memories. Bret Hart, Lex Luger, Yokozuna, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austinand of course, The Undertaker.
Old 7th April 2022, 00:13   #25

I remember having a VHS cassette of some of Undertakers earliest and most iconic matches, featuring matches again Yokozuna, Giant Gonzalez and the crazy coffin match against Kamala. The infamous Urn and surreal late Paul Bearer just personified the entire character.
Thank you Undertaker and Mark for all the memories.

P.s. Who here thought he was a total bad-ass for all those entrances riding custom Harley's
CaptAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 07:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Height 7 feet 1 inch
Rank 2
Bisceps 21

Legend!!!
Chest 50

Clash!

Must admit, saw this with moist eyes.
I can move on with my childhood and guess I am officially allowed to grow up!!

I guess only the third time when I had moist eyes.
The other two instances were when Sachin Tendulkar retired and When Lance Armstrong accepted his doping charges....
Samegoodkid is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks